[31 January 2016]
A Nightmare On Duke Street
Genre – A Duchess cooks people while they sleep
All Quiz And No Foreplay Make Jackoff A Dull Boy
Genre – A man addicted to quizzes neglects his sex-life and his family become sub par
Never Been Quizzed
Genre – A coming of age romantic comedy involving first times
Nightmare On St. Andrew’s Street
Genre – We are innocent virgins (first time quizzers), waiting to be battered in the opening scene/round
I Knew An Old Woman Who Swallowed Jeff Goldblum
Genre – It was Geena Davis
American Werewolf In Lowestoft
Genre – No one notices
The Devil Wears Primark
Genre – Comedy
Nightmare On Elm Hill
Genre – The Norwich Puppet Man will invade your dreams
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the name of the ill-fated ocean liner in Titanic
2. The adaptation of The Hobbit was released in how many instalments?
3. Grease is set in which decade?
4. How does James Bond traditionally prefer his Martini prepared?
SHAKEN NOT STIRRED
5. What is the subtitle of the Kevin Costner Robin Hood film?
PRINCE OF THIEVES
6. What is the name of the antagonist in Captain America: The First Avenger?
RED SKULL / JOHANN SCHMIDT
7. Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz, John Hannah and Arnold Vosloo first appeared together in which film?
8. How fast does Doc Brown’s Delorean need to travel to activate the flux capacitor and travel back in time?
9. In 1973’s The Three Musketeers, Porthos, Athos, Aramis and d’Artagnan wear all-black except for their capes which are what colour?
10. Who played the title role in the 2013 Jackass Production Bad Grandpa?
ROUND II: Filming [80’s Horror special]
1. Jack Nicholson plays the role of Jack Torrance in which film? The Witches Of Eastwick? Ironweed? The Shining?
2. An American Werewolf In London was released in which year? 1981? 1984? 1987?
3. What is the name of the lead character in A Nightmare On Elm Street? Christina Gray? Marge Lantz? Nancy Thompson?
4. In The Fly, after teleporting a steak, Seth Brundle tests his telepod on which type of living animal? Cat? Baboon? Iguana?
5. Who directed 1987’s Near Dark? John McNaughton? Alan Parker? Kathryn Bigelow?
6. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “In his mind he has the power to see the future. In his hands he has the power to change it”? The Dead Zone? Videodrome? The Hitcher?
THE DEAD ZONE
7. What is the name of Robert De Niro’s character in Angel Heart? Louis Cyphre? Dev Illson? Nicholas Deville?
8. According to Blair’s calculations in The Thing, how long would it take the alien to assimilate the entire planet? 1 year? 2 years? 3 years?
THREE YEARS (27,000 hours)
9. In Evil Dead 2 which of Ash’s appendages is bitten and becomes possessed? Right Hand? Left Hand? Left Leg?
10. Michael Rooker’s wife was so disturbed by the actor’s level of immersion for Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer that she waited until the film was wrapped before she told him she was pregnant. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Where is John Connor when he is discovered by both Terminators in Terminator 2?
MALL / ARCADE
2. Who starred in How I Spent My Summer Vacation, Tequila Sunrise and The Beaver?
3. What is the African Queen in the 1951 film of the same name?
A BOAT / TRAMP STEAMER
4. Who directed The Last Temptation Of Christ?
5. The following is a quote from which film, “What is this thing? There’s no useful purpose for there to be a bunch of chompy, crushy things in the middle of a hallway”?
6. Big Hero 6 is set in which fictional city?
7. How many people are aboard the plane which arrives on Isla Sorna at the start of Jurassic Park III?
SEVEN (Paul / Amanda / Alan / Billy / Udesky / Cooper / Nash)
8. Javier Bardem, Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender starred in which film?
9. When his ship is boarded by pirates, where does Richard Phillips tell his crew to hide, in Captain Phillips?
10. In The Village, red is known as ‘the bad colour’. What is considered the safe colour?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. With the release of Star Wars Episode VII, Harrison Ford has been named the highest grossing actor. Who did he replace? Johnny Depp? Tom Hanks? Samuel L Jackson?
SAMUEL L JACKSON
2. Which of the following characters makes it out of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire alive? Wiress? Brutus? Finnick?
3. When Norman joins the crew in Fury, what position is he given, despite having no experience in a tank? Ammo Loader? Assistant Driver? Gunner?
4. In Lavender Hill Mob, Holland and Pendlebury plan on smuggling the stolen gold out of the country disguised as paperweights shaped like what? The Eiffel Tower? The Taj Mahal? The Empire State Building?
THE EIFFEL TOWER
5. The entirety of Snowpiercer takes place on what type of vessel? Space ship? Lorry? Train?
6. The Aristocats was released in which year? 1966? 1968? 1970?
7. What is the name of the homeless man, Louis hires as his intern in Nightcrawler? Rick? Joe? Frank?
8. Ralph Fiennes’ directorial debut was an adaptation of which Shakespearean play? Titus Andronicus? Coriolanus? Troilus And Cressida?
9. The Godfather: Part II features how many different countries? Three? Four? Five?
THREE (Sicily, United States, Cuba)
10. Under The Skin was mostly filmed with hidden cameras, meaning many of the cast members aren’t actors. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: The Young Victoria / Edge Of Tomorrow / The Devil Wears Prada
Poster: The Wolfman
Actor: Emily Blunt