[29 January 2012]
10 Things I Don’t Know About Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Genre – Quiz Documentary
(Arbitrary) Brackets Make This Look Like A Song Title
Genre – When Harry Met Sally meets Time’s Aarow
500 Days Of Donna Summer
Genre – Disco rom-com
10 Things I Hate About U2
Genre – Harrowing documentary detailing The Edge’s fever dreams
500/50 Days Of Inception
Genre – A film about not really bothering
Genre – A biopic of Joseph Gordon-Levitt co-starring Leonardo DiCaprio, following JGL’s rise to power and awkward relationship with LDC
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Which US city has been turned into a national prison in John Carpenter’s Escape From L.A.?
2. What was the title of the third Godfather film? [bonus point for its year of release]
THE GODFATHER: PART III 
3. Which actress won an Academy Award for the lead role in Erin Brokovich?
4. Which sport is the central focus of Caddyshack?
5. Cliffhanger was released in which decade?
6. What is the first film in the Three Colours trilogy?
BLUE / BLEU
7. Jim Sheridan’s In America is set in which US city?
8. Who directed 2006’s Inside Man?
9. Which two actors said following quote from The Cider House Rules, “Good night you princes of Maine, you kings of New England”? (one point per correct answer)
MICHAEL CAINE / TOBEY MAGUIRE
10. Which Johnny Depp film features a cameo by author Hunter S. Thompson?
FEAR & LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS
ROUND II: Filming [Joseph Gordon-Levitt Special]
1. Which actor played the lead role in last year’s 50/50? [bonus point for spelling and hyphenating correctly]
2. Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays a minor role in which Halloween film? Halloween? Halloween 3? Halloween H:20?
3. The movie Brick belongs to which genre? Film Noir? War Drama? Romantic Comedy?
4. Joseph Gordon-Levitt provided the voice for the lead character in which animated film? Brother Bear? Treasure Planet? Atlantis?
5. Which of the following was the character played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt in 10 Things I Hate About You? Cameron James? Patrick Verona? Michael Eckman?
6. What was the first film to feature both Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel? (500) Days Of Summer? Mysterious Skin? Manic?
7. Unable to film in Paris, which European city was used as a location double in G.I. Joe? Prague? Amsterdam? Frankfurt?
8. What is the name of Summer’s cat in (500) Days Of Summer? Millie? Sid? Bruce?
9. According to the film posters, what was Arthur’s (played by JGL) role in Inception? The Point Man? The Extractor? The Forger?
THE POINT MAN
10. To get in the mindset of a brain-damaged individual, in The Lookout, Joseph Gordon-Levitt would deprive himself of sleep and do excessive gym routines right before filming to appear disorientated. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. At the start of Field Of Dreams, Ray Kinsella hears the classic (often misquoted) line, “If you build it, he will come” Who is ‘he’?
2. The following films were all directed by which individual: Chimes At Midnight, The Stranger and Mr. Arkadin?
3. “What we do in life, echoes in eternity” is a quote from which film?
4. The following titles were used during the advertising campaign for which 1972 Wes Craven film: Sex Crime Of The Century, The Men’s Room and Krug And Company?
THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT
5. Constantine (released in 2005) is based on which comic series?
6. Henry Hill, Jimmy Conway and Tommy DeVito are the lead characters in which film?
7. What is the name of Jock’s snake featured at the start of Raiders Of The Lost Ark?
8. What age is Nicholas Van Orton turning when he’s presented the voucher for Consumer Recreation Services, in The Game?
9. Which epic 60s film tells the story of a Thracian slave working in Libya who is bought and trained by Lentulus Batiatus, then goes on to incite an uprising?
10. In Overboard, how does Dean (Kurt Russell) identify Joanna (Goldie Hawn) to convince the hospital staff that they are married?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Who played Pinkie Brown in 1947’s Brighton Rock? Richard Attenborough? Richard Harris? Peter O’Toole?
2. Which Liza Minnelli film features the songs Maybe This Time, Tomorrow Belongs To Me and Two Ladies? Lucky Lady? New York, New York? Cabaret?
3. What was the title of the first and only silent film to win the Oscar for best picture? Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse? Wings? Intolerance?
4. What was the title of Brian De Palma’s Veitnam film starring Michael J. Fox and Sean Penn? Tigerland? Rolling Thunder? Casualties Of War?
CASUALTIES OF WAR
5. The Wind That Shakes The Barley is about the civil war in which country? United States? Ireland? Spain?
6. Which character narrates the 1945 version of Mildred Pierce? Mildred? Wally? Ida?
7. Which Alfred Hitchcock film heavily features the Cuban missile crisis? Secret Agent? Foreign Correspondent? Topaz?
8. Which of the following lines is not from Mae West’s I’m No Angel? I only like two kinds of men, domestic and imported? When women go wrong, men go right after them? Peel me a grape?
WHEN WOMEN GO WRONG, MEN GO RIGHT AFTER THEM (from She Done Him Wrong)
9. How many times has Gentlemen Prefer Blondes been adapted for film? Once? Twice? Three Times?
TWICE (1928 – lost / 1953)
10. During filming of the last scene of Leon, a thief robbed a nearby store, saw all the ‘police’ set up outside a nearby building and decided to surrender.. to extras. True or False?