[20 October 2019]
Genre – all dinosaurs attack
Genre – a film about a new K-Pop band who take on mutant zombie dinosaurs
Genre – a seemingly indestructible serial killer stalks young actresses while wearing a mask with the face of Harvey Weinstein
Zombie Sore Arse
Genre – the producers asked for a zombie t-rex movie, they delivered the living dead looking for piles ointment
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Train To Busan takes place on which form of transport?
2. The following quote is from which film, “An invisible man can rule the world. Nobody will see him come, nobody will see him go. He can hear every secret. He can rob and wreck and kill”?
THE INVISIBLE MAN
3. Ash Williams, played by Bruce Campbell is the lead character in which horror franchise (until the 2013 remake)?
4. The upcoming Doctor Sleep is a sequel to which 1980 film?
5. What is the name of the central killer, played by Gunnar Hansen, in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
6. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Day 1 Exposure, Day 3 Infection, Day 8 Epidemic, Day 15 Evacuation, Day 20 Devastation”?
28 DAYS LATER
7. How many Scream films have been released to date?
8. What is the title of the 2001 film in which Nicole Kidman’s Jersey house is haunted by ghosts?
9. Which movie studio made most of the iconic horror classics of the 30s and 40s?
10. Who played the lead role of Annie in Hereditary?
ROUND II: Filming [Dinosaurs]
1. What is the title of the 2000 computer animated Walt Disney film about dinosaurs? A Lost World? The Land Before Man? Dinosaur?
2. Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs is which instalment in the Ice Age franchise? Second? Third? Fifth?
3. The Land Before Time was released in which year? 1980? 1988? 1994?
4. Which version of King Kong did not feature dinosaurs? 1933? 1976? 2005?
5. The climbing budget for which short film required an entire segmented feature film to be built around it, which went on to become Fantasia? Night On Bald Mountain? The Sorcerer’s Apprentice? The Nutcracker Suite?
THE SORCERER’S APPRENTICE
6. In Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur, the extinction event didn’t happen and the central family of apatosauruses are farmers of what? Apples? Turnips? Corn?
7. Who plays the Fungus King in Super Mario Bros? Lance Henriksen? Charles Dance? Ernest Borgnine?
8. Dinosaurs feature in which Terrence Malick film? Knight Of Cups? The Tree Of Life? The New World?
THE TREE OF LIFE
9. What is the first embryo set that Dennis Nedry steals in Jurassic Park? Proceratosaurus? Metriacanthosaurus? Gallimimus?
10. There are dinosaurs in Aquaman. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Three films have been released with a killer named Michael Myers, simply titled Halloween, what years were they respectively released? (one point per correct answer)
1978 / 2007 / 2018
2. Let The Right One In is set in which country?
3. What is the name of Amelia’s son in The Babadook?
SAMUEL / SAM
4. What is the title of the 2017 film about a couple who engage in a sex game that leaves one partner dead of a heart-attack and the other handcuffed to the bed starring Carla Gugino and Bruce Greenwood?
5. Ju-On: The Grudge is a Japanese horror film released in 2002. What year was the American remake, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, released?
6. Get Out was nominated for four Oscars. How many did it win?
7. Who directed and starred in A Quiet Place?
8. What film was the first feature film with a computer animated title character?
9. Who directed horror films Cronos, Mimic and The Devil’s Backbone?
GUILLERMO DEL TORO
10. Heather, Josh and Mike are the lead characters in which 90s film?
THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. 1922’s Nosferatu is subtitled Eine Symphonie Des Grauens. What does this translate to in English? A symphony of horror? A symphony of gore? A symphony of terror?
A SYMPHONY OF HORROR
2. Who played the role of Dracula in the 1931 film of the same name? Claude Rains? Bela Lugosi? Boris Karloff?
3. Who directed Insidious? James Wan? Scott Derrickson? Andy Muschietti?
4. At the start of It Follows, we see a young woman driving to a beach. Who does she receive a call from when she gets there? The police? Her father? Her boyfriend?
5. The Cabin In The Woods was released in which year? 2009? 2012? 2016?
6. How does Keith, played by David Warner, die in The Omen? Hangs himself? Pierced by a falling lightning rod? Decapitated by a sheet of glass?
DECAPITATED BY A SHEET OF GLASS
7. How old is Mitch’s kid sister in The Birds? 8? 11? 16?
8. The Exorcist was the highest grossing R-rated horror film for almost half a century until it was dethroned by which film? Scream? Get Out? It?
9. What is the name of the camp in the Friday The 13th franchise? Timberline? Crystal Lake? Camp Walden?
10. Ringu and its sequel were released at the same time but based on the popularity of The Ring, a new sequel was filmed and released the following year. True or False?
TRUE (Rasen/Spiral is based on Suzuki’s novel but Ringu 2 is an original story)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: A Nightmare On Elm Street / Rosemary’s Baby / The Bride Of Frankenstein / Zombieland
Poster: The Conjuring
Actor: Peter Cushing