[31 August 2014]
Genre – Katie Price and Bugs Bunny have a tall black love child with big ears
I Want To Touch Michael Jordan’s Magic Ball And Drink His Secret Stuff
Genre – Sports Opera
Space Jam 2: Jordan’s Sweaty Balls
Genre – Jordan (Katie Price) fingers Michael Jordan’s basketballs and covers them in sweat after a vigorous workout
Spaec Jam II: Space Jam It In Ya! ..with sexy results
Genre – Sexy sports movie with Soviet montage inserts
Genre – An outbreak of athletes foot threatens the future of the team
Sissy Spacek Ham
Genre – After the blood scene in Carrie, Sissy felt it was important to not let the pigs corpse go to waste and starts a lunch deli company
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the villain in the Steven Spielberg film, Hook?
CAPTAIN JAMES HOOK
2. What type of animal is the title character in the family film Beethoven?
3. What is the codename of fictional secret agent, James Bond?
4. Which Pixar film is about an old man who attaches several balloons to his house and goes on an adventure?
5. Michael Corleone, Tony Montana and Frank Serpico were all played by which actor?
6. The aliens in 1953’s War Of The Worlds are from which planet?
7. Complete the title of this Clint Eastwood western: High Plains…
8. Which film series starred Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Michelle Rodriguez (amongst others)?
THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS
9. What was the title of the 2007 pseudo-biopic about Bob Dylan?
I’M NOT THERE
10. How many Rambo films have been made to date?
ROUND II: Filming [Space Jam]
1. What do the Nerdlucks use to steal the NBA all-stars’ talent, turning them into the Monstars? A kazoo? A lasagne? A basketball?
2. Space Jam was released in which year? 1992? 1994? 1996?
3. When Michael Jordan retires from basketball, he takes up which sport? Baseball? American Football? Hockey?
4. Who voices the role of the evil Mr. Swackhammer? Christopher Lloyd? Danny DeVito? Bob Hoskins?
5. What is the only item of clothing worn by the Nerdlucks (before they transform)? Cap? Bow tie? Shorts?
6. When Bill Murray makes a last minute appearance, Mr. Swackhammer breaks the fourth wall and says, “I didn’t know [name] was in this picture.” Which actor does Swackhammer think Murray is? Rick Moranis? Gene Wilder? Dan Aykroyd?
7. What is the name of the failing theme park run by Mr. Swackhammer? Terror Town? Moron Mountain? Goofy Rhymes?
8. Which character wears the number 8 jersey? Lola Bunny? Yosemite Sam? Porky Pig?
9. How much did Space Jam take at the box office? 80 million dollars? 140 million dollars? 230 million dollars?
230 MILLION DOLLARS (230,418,342)
10. All of Michael Jordan’s product endorsements at the time were referenced in one sentence. True or False?
TRUE (C’mon Michael, it’s game time. Slip on your Hanes, lace up your Nikes, take your Wheaties and your Gatorade and we’ll grab a Big Mac on the way to the ballpark)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. In which film did Dennis Hopper and Stephen Dorff play ‘space transport entrepreneurs’ with Charles Dance as a cyborg trying to stop a race of killer robots from taking over the earth?
2. How many films were directed by Richard Attenborough?
3. Sarah Harding, Roland Tembo, Kelly Malcolm and Alexis ‘Lex’ Murphy are characters in which film?
JURASSIC PARK: THE LOST WORLD
4. Despite being puppets in a larger conspiracy, which two countries act as the main opposing forces in The Sum Of All Fears? (one point per correct answer)
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA / RUSSIAN FEDERATION
5. The following quote is from which film, “If I’m wrong, nothing happens. We go to jail, peacefully, quietly, we’ll enjoy it. But if I’m right, and we can stop it, Lenny, you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters”?
6. What type of animal is Ash (voiced by Jason Schwartzman) in Fantastic Mr. Fox?
7. How much money does the Joker distribute while releasing his Smilex gas via balloons in Batman?
TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS
8. At the end of The Town, Doug, Jem, Dez and Gloansy rob Fenway Park. What sport is played at Fenway Park?
9. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Get ready for rush hour”?
10. How old is Louis when he is turned into a vampire in Interview With The Vampire?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following actors did not appear in Shakespeare In Love? Martin Clunes? Tom Wilkinson? Jim Broadbent?
2. How many feature films did Stanley Kubrick direct? 11? 13? 15?
THIRTEEN (Fear and Desire, Killer’s Kiss, The Killing, Paths Of Glory, Spartacus, Lolita, Dr Strangelove, 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, Barry Lyndon, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket, Eyes Wide Shut)
3. What was the name of the woman Azeem was to be executed for, in Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves? Jharana? Jalini? Jasmina?
4. Michael Douglas played the role of Nicholas Van Orton in which film? The Game? Traffic? Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past?
5. How many years is Andy Dufresne in prison before his escape, in The Shawshank Redemption? 19? 24? 32?
6. What is Colin Blythe’s (played by Donald Pleasance) one word catchphrase in The Great Escape? Splendid? Delightful? Brilliant?
7. What was the highest grossing film of 1992? The Bodyguard? Aladdin? Basic Instinct?
8. The following quote is from which film, “Which one of you nuts has got any guts”? One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest? 12 Monkeys? Girl, Interrupted?
ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO’S NEST
9. How many Oscars were awarded to 1982’s Gandhi? 6? 8? 10?
10. At the close of Kingpin, Bill Murray’s character scores three strikes to win a bowling tournament. These three strikes were obtained in a row by Bill Murray on his first take. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Mystery Men / Fargo / Jurassic Park III
Poster: Thank You For Smoking
Actor: William H Macy