[19 December 2010]
The Reindeer Hunter
Genre – Festive war drama
Merry Christmas Morning, Vietnam
Genre – Festive war drama feat. Robin Williams and David Bowie
The Night Before Quiz-mas
Genre – A feelgood horror about the spirit of Quizmas
Genre – Censored version of Vietnam war
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Who did Paul Muni portray in The Story Of Louis Pasteur?
2. Which film features the quote, “In the end, it took just one man. One cop. John Spartan. They called him the demolition man”
3. What type of extinct animal was genetically grown in Jurassic Park?
4. What type of animal was Dumbo? [bonus point for stating the name of his mouse mentor/protector]
ELEPHANT [Timothy Q. Mouse]
5. Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore played Sam and Molly in which film?
6. Which Python film contained a quest to find a shrubbery?
MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL
7. Billy Crystal and John Goodman provided the voices for the lead characters of which Pixar film?
8. Which member of the Charlie’s Angels films starred in E.T. ? Cameron Diaz? Lucy Liu? Drew Barrymore?
9. Who plays the Prime Minister in Love Actually?
10. Who plays the devil in 1997’s Devil’s Advocate?
11. 2001: A Space Odyssey is based on the novel by which author?
ARTHUR C. CLARKE
12. Which two musicians collaborated on the score for The Lion King? (one point per correct answer)
TIM RICE / ELTON JOHN
ROUND II: Filming [Vietnam War Films Special]
1. Which military conflict was Forrest Gump involved in?
THE VIETNAM WAR
2. Hamburger Hill is based on which US battle during the Vietnam war?
BATTLE OF HAMBURGER HILL
3. Which Vietnam movie featured the tagline ‘In Vietnam the wind doesn’t blow, it sucks’?
FULL METAL JACKET
4. Born On The Fourth Of July afforded which actor his first Academy Award nomination?
5. What is the name of the Vietnam film that stars Robert De Niro, Christopher Walken and Meryl Streep? [bonus point for naming the director]
THE DEER HUNTER [Michael Cimino]
6. Which two actors play Sgt’s Elias and Barnes in Platoon? (one point per correct answer)
WILLEM DAFOE / TOM BERENGER
7. How many minutes of footage were put back into Apocalypse Now for the Redux release?
8. What year was Good Morning, Vietnam released?
9. What was the title of the first major film based on the Vietnam war? [bonus point for stating the release year]
THE GREEN BERETS 
10. What is the body count in We Were Soldiers? 305? 587? 996?
THREE HUNDRED AND FIVE
11. Chris Tucker’s only non-comedic role to date was which Vietnam War/Crime Drama?
12. Tigerland doesn’t actually take place in Vietnam. True or False?
TRUE (Tigerland was actually the last location of training for US troops before being shipped to Vietnam)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What is the full name and title of the angel in It’s A Wonderful Life? (one point per name)
CLARENCE ODDBODY AS2 (Angel, Second Class)
2. North By Northwest’s finale is filmed atop which American monument? Mount Rushmore? The Washington Monument? Jefferson Memorial?
3. What is the name of the Arnold Schwarzenegger film in which he gets pregnant?
4. What town does 1953’s Calamity Jane take place in? Cheyenne? Deadwood? Tombstone?
5. The US Customs special agent interrogating Verbal Kint in The Usual Suspects was Agent Dave Kujan. Spell his surname. [bonus point for naming the actor who portrayed him]
KUJAN [Chazz Palminteri]
6. According to Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade, how do people say goodbye in Austria?
7. Who plays Buddy’s father in Elf?
8. Michael Kamen’s score for Die Hard includes several thematic elements from Beethoven’s 9th and Singin’ In The Rain as an homage to which film?
A CLOCKWORK ORANGE
9. What years were Miracle On 34th Street and its remake released? (one point per correct answer)
1947 / 1994
10. What was the name of Skywalker’s co-pilot on Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back?
11. Which actor starred in Rocky, Clash Of The Titans and Santa Claus: The Movie?
12. What is the name of the mad scientist in The Nightmare Before Christmas?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. How does Dr. Malcolm Crowe respond when Cole confesses he can see dead people in The Sixth Sense? Are you sure? In your dreams? All the time?
IN YOUR DREAMS
2. How many movies have been (theatrically) released with the title Scrooge? Three? Five? Seven?
THREE (1935 / 1951 / 1970)
3. Dennis Hopper starred in two of James Dean’s three films, which one did he not feature in? East Of Eden? Rebel Without A Cause? Giant?
EAST OF EDEN
4. Which of the following did not star in 1998’s Armageddon? Jason Isaacs? James Cromwell? Keith David?
5. What is the name of the play that Eve ends up winning the Sarah Siddons award for in All About Eve? Applause? Footsteps On The Ceiling? Aged In Wood?
FOOTSTEPS ON THE CEILING
6. All three were considered but what was the final name of Barry’s band in High Fidelity? Kathleen Turner Overdrive? Barry Jive And The Uptown Five? Sonic Death Monkey?
BARRY JIVE AND THE UPTOWN FIVE
7. Paramount pushed for which actor to play Charlie Croker instead of Michael Caine in The Italian Job? Dustin Hoffman? Sean Connery? Robert Redford?
8. What is the name of the 40’s Christmas film which depicts a group of hobos living in a vacant mansion in New York? Hobo Bobo? Fortune Lane? It Happened On Fifth Avenue?
IT HAPPENED ON FIFTH AVENUE
9. What was the first John Carpenter film that he did not score as well as direct? The Thing? Christine? They Live? [bonus point for naming the composer]
THE THING [Ennio Morricone]
10. Which of the following songs was not performed in 1954’s White Christmas? Let It Snow? The Old Man? It’s Cold Outside?
LET IT SNOW
11. In LA Confidential, Kim Basinger plays a call girl who looks like which actress? Lana Turner? Veronica Lake? Jane Russell?
12. Charlton Heston cannot cry. True or False?
TRUE (if he is ever expected to cry, he just stares a bit and then buries his head in his hands/arms)