[01 May 2022]
The assembled fellowship of the Jedi
My friend got covid but I came anyway
Living da vida Yoda
Daniel & David go boating
1. How many jurors decide the fate of an 18 year old in the 1957 classic, 12 Angry Men?
2. Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill and Inglourious Basterds were all directed by which director?
3. The Social Network is about the forming of which company?
4. Who played the lead role in Pretty Woman?
5. What are the names of the two lead characters in Toy Story? [one point per correct answer]
WOODY / BUZZ LIGHTYEAR
6. The following quote is from which film, “Part man, part machine. Underneath, it’s a hyperalloy combat chassis, mircoprocessor-controller, fully armoured. Very tough. But outside, it’s living human tissue. Flesh, skin, hair, blood.”?
7. Everard Proudfoot, Isildur and Boromir are characters in which film?
THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
8. How many Jumanji films have been released to date?
1. Who plays the villain in Sonic The Hedgehog? Kevin James? Vincent D’Onofrio? Jim Carrey?
2. Hidden Figures is set at which organisation? NASA? Harvard Law? LAPD?
3. What is the name of Liam Neeson’s character in the Taken movies? Joe? Bryan? Grant?
4. Apocalypse Now is set during which military conflict? Vietnam War? Korean War? World War II?
5. Tommy DeVito is a character in which film? Once Upon A Time In America? Goodfellas? Casino?
6. Toshio Suzuki, Isao Takahata and Hayao Miyazaki formed which film studio in 1985? Toei Animation? Toho Studios? Studio Ghibli?
7. What type of animal is Ash in Sing? Elephant? Porcupine? Pig?
8. Which Star Wars film features the character Captain Peavey, played by Ade Edmonson? The Force Awakens? The Last Jedi? The Rise Of Skywalker?
STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII – THE LAST JEDI
1. The three Munchkins who represent the Lollypop Guild in The Wizard Of Oz are dressed in what colours? [one point per correct answer]
RED / GREEN / BLUE
2. What did Stanley Kubrick direct in between Barry Lyndon (75) and Full Metal Jacket (87)?
THE SHINING (80)
3. What is the name of the crime family in The Godfather? [bonus point for correct spelling]
4. Schindler’s List is set in which country?
5. The following quote is from which film, “You kids are gonna grow all kinds of plants. Vegetable plants, pizza plants. Oh it’s good to be home.”?
6. Who played the lead role in 12 Years A Slave?
7. How many live-action Batman films have been made to date (excluding the serials from the 40s, Suicide Squad and Bruce Wayne in The Joker)?
TWELVE (Batman: The Movie, Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice, Justice League, Zack Snyder’s Justice League, The Batman)
8. Gandhi, Gangs Of New York and Lincoln all featured which actor?
DANIEL DAY LEWIS
1. Which of the following actors did not appear in The Colour Purple? Laurence Fishburne? Jada Pinkett Smith? Oprah Winfrey?
JADA PINKETT SMITH
2. The Devil Wears Prada was released in which year? 2001? 2006? 20011?
3. Burning, The Villainess and I Saw The Devil are films from which country? Mexico? France? South Korea?
4. The events depicted in Straight Outta Compton span which years? 1981-1991? 1986-1996? 1989-1999?
5. What is the subtitle of the sequel to Sicario? Soldado? Guerreiro? Caçador?
6. How many individuals make up the Marvel family in Shazam? Four? Five? Six?
SIX (Billy, Freddy, Mary, Eugene, Pedro, Darla)
7. 1966’s A Man For All Seasons is set during the reign of which British monarch? Henry VIII? Queen Elizabeth I? George III?
8. What colour is Pennywise’s outfit in It? White? Red? Yellow?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: The Irishman / Vice / Battleship / The Power Of The Dog
Poster: Jungle Cruise
Actor: Jesse Plemons