[23 February 2020]
Bedknobs And Boomsticks
Genre: Bruce Campbell teams up with Angela Lansbury to fight Nazis deadites in East England
Get Into The Groovy
Genre: Ash takes Madonna to a cabin in the woods and all Hell breaks loose
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the colonisation ship in Alien: Covenant?
2. In which Tarantino film are the majority of the characters named after colours?
3. Who played the lead role in World War Z?
4. What is the title of the only James Bond film to feature George Lazenby in the titular role?
ON HER MAJESTY’S SECRET SERVICE
5. Who directed Iron Man 2?
6. What is the name of Carrie-Anne Moss’ character in The Matrix?
7. Which historical figure did Judi Dench portray in Shakespeare In Love?
8. The following quote is from which film, “you had me at hello”?
9. What is the name of the lead rat in Ratatouille?
10. How many Tomb Raider movies have been made to date?
ROUND II: Filming [Bruce Campbell]
1. Which famous figure does Campbell play in Bubba Ho-Tep? Ronald Reagan? Errol Flynn? Elvis Presley?
2. Escape From LA was released how many years after Escape From New York? 10? 15? 20?
3. The following quote is from which film, “Butterfingers”? Spider-Man? Spider-Man 2? Spider-Man 3?
4. Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs was released in which year? 2002? 2009? 2014?
5. What is the name of the wizard, as portrayed by James Franco in Oz The Great And Powerful? Marlon McAllan? Hickory Bert? Oscar Diggs?
6. In Congo, what nationality is the philanthropist who funds the expedition, played by Tim Curry? South African? Romanian? Chinese?
7. The Army Of Darkness quote, “klaatu barada nikto” is a direct quote from which movie? The Thing From Another World? The Day The Earth Stood Still? The Man Who Fell To Earth?
THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL
8. What is the subtitle of the From Dusk Till Dawn 2? Texas Blood Money? Blood Omen? The Lawman’s Revenge?
TEXAS BLOOD MONEY
9. What is Steve Stronghold’s superhero alias in Sky High? The Commander? Sonic Boom? Jetstream?
10. Many of Bruce Campbell’s characters have been named Shemp as a reference to the use of body-doubles to replace one of The Three Stooges after his death. True or False? TRUE
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. How many Star Trek films featured the character James T Kirk?
TEN (1-7, 11-13)
2. What is Norman Bates’ hobby in Psycho?
3. Which 1987 film featured Christian Bale, Ben Stiller, John Malkovich and Leslie Phillips?
EMPIRE OF THE SUN
4. The following quote is from which film, “I’ve always depended on the kindness of strangers”?
A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE
5. Name the three titles in Sergio Leone’s Dollar Trilogy. (one point per correct answer)
A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS / FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE / THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY
6. What is the name of the island in The Wicker Man?
7. Moonlight tell the story of Chiron across how many different time periods?
8. In David Cronenberg’s A Dangerous Method, which actors portray the roles of Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud respectively? (one point per correct answer)
MICHAEL FASSBENDER / VIGGO MORTENSEN
9. Burning, New World, The Chaser and I Saw The Devil are films from which country?
10. Who directed Hail, Caesar?
JOEL & ETHAN COEN
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. John Dunbar is the lead character in which film? Unforgiven? Dances With Wolves? Tombstone?
DANCES WITH WOLVES
2. What type of animal is Nick Wilde in Zootropolis/Zootopia? Ox? Fox? Cheetah?
3. What is the name of the lodge in The Hateful Eight? Bonnie’s Patisserie? Minnie’s Haberdashery? Killer’s Respite?
4. What was Elvis Presley’s first film? King Creole? Jailhouse Rock? Love Me Tender?
LOVE ME TENDER
5. The Favourite is the story fo which monarch? Queen Katherine? Queen Anne? Queen Margaret?
6. How many cinematic Lego movies have been released to date? 4? 6? 8?
FOUR (The Lego Movie, The Lego Batman Movie, The Lego Ninjago Movie, The Lego Movie 2)
7. What is the name given to the aliens in Edge Of Tomorrow? Mimics? Kilaaks? Thermians?
8. How many sanctums are present on Earth in Doctor Strange? 3? 5? 7?
THREE (New York, London, Hong Kong)
9. Who played the young Sil in Species? Michelle Williams? Julia Stiles? Kristen Bell?
10. Birdman’s full title (The Unexpected Virtue Of Ignorance) is a reference to a quote from Don Quixote. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: A Royal Affair / Jason Bourne / The Man From UNCLE / The Danish Girl
Actor: Alicia Vikander