[12 January 2020]
Genre – a lonesome idiot takes on the world whilst holding in the mother of all shits (not a true story)
The Seven Year Witch
Genre – Hermione’s school years
Toss A Coin To Your Witch, O Valley Of Nancy
Genre – Nancy from The Craft is still destitute and needs money so turns to menial jobs
The Witches Of Beastpick
Genre – the witches go to Pets At Home and buy hamsters who they turn into men
Street Shiter XIV
Genre – comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Warren Beatty played Dick Tracy in which film?
2. In Aladdin, Jafar’s staff has the head of which animal?
3. In which film did Charlton Heston play Moses?
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
4. Ethan Hunt is the main character in which film series?
5. What does Carl use to move his house in Up?
6. Who played the lead role in The Last Of The Mohicans?
DANIEL DAY LEWIS
7. Korben Dallas, Leeloo, Zorg and Ruby Rhod are characters in which Luc Besson film?
THE FIFTH ELEMENT
8. Doctor Sleep is the sequel to which film?
9. Who directed The Evil Dead trilogy?
10. What is Shaft’s first name?
ROUND II: Filming [Witchcraft]
1. Who played the lead role in The Witches? Helena Bonham Carter? Cher? Anjelica Huston?
2. The Witches Of Eastwick was released in which year? 1980? 1987? 1994?
3. What is the Owens family curse in Practical Magic? Any man who falls in love with them will die? They cannot use their powers after turning 30? They can never leave Massachusetts?
ANY MAN WHO FALLS IN LOVE WITH THEM WILL DIE
4. What was the subtitle of 2015’s The Witch? A Fairytale Curio? A Familiar Tale? A New-England Folktale?
A NEW-ENGLAND FOLKTALE
5. How many cast members from Scream appear in The Craft? 1? 2? 3?
TWO (Neve Campbell and Skeet Ulrich)
6. What is the name of Christina Ricci’s character in Sleepy Hollow? Mary? Katrina? Beth?
7. The following quote is from which film, “Treguna, Mekoides, Trecorum, Satis, Dee”? Bedknobs And Broomsticks? The Sword In The Stone? The Black Cauldron?
BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS
8. Which character in 1959’s Sleeping Beauty was the only one to have the same individual serving as the voice actor and performance model? Aurora? Maleficent? King Stefan?
MALEFICENT (Eleanor Audley)
9. Who directed The Love Witch? Anna Biller? Alex de la Iglesia? Ana Lily Amirpour?
10. With consultant Pat Devin on set, many of the magic words in Hocus Pocus were actually part of Dianic rituals. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Blousey Brown, Fat Sam, Tallulah and Dandy Dan are characters in which 1976 film?
2. The following quote is from which film, “I think you’re the most attractive of all my parent’s friends”?
3. What is the name of Marty McFly’s home town in Back To The Future?
4. What is the name given to the trio of popular girls, in Mean Girls?
5. What does the super-villain, Gru, plan on shrinking and stealing in Despicable Me?
6. Which actor appeared in both Reservoir Dogs and Free Willy?
7. Who directed In The Loop, The Death Of Stalin and The Personal History Of David Copperfield?
8. Cronenberg’s remake of The Fly was made in 1986, when was the original released?
9. Kevin Bacon played Ren McCormack in which film?
10. Antonio Bay is the setting for which John Carpenter film?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following actors was not approached by Doug Liman to play the lead role in The Bourne Identity? Colin Farrell? Russell Crowe? Sylvester Stallone?
2. During the closing shots of Se7en, Detective Somerset quotes which Ernest Hemingway novel (“The world is a fine place and worth fighting for”)? The Old Man And The Sea? A Farewell To Arms? For Whom The Bell Tolls?
FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
3. Who scored Dr. No, Dances With Wolves and Howard The Duck? Leonard Bernstein? John Barry? Henry Mancini?
4. Who played the title character in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance? James Stewart? John Wayne? Lee Marvin?
5. What is the name of the Skeksis method for settling disputes, debates and conflicts in The Dark Crystal? Meeting Of The Three Suns? The Conjunction? Trial By Stone?
TRIAL BY STONE
6. Despite critical acclaim and commercial success, Fatal Attraction was the second highest grossing film of 1987. What was the highest? The Untouchables? Lethal Weapon? Three Men And A Baby?
THREE MEN AND A BABY
7. What colour is The Blob in the 1958 film of the same name? Green? Red? Black?
8. Which of the following individuals did Christopher Lee not portray? Grigori Rasputin? Fu Manchu? Abraham Lincoln?
9. The Illusionist takes place in which city? Vienna? Venice? Versailles?
10. Steve Buscemi’s character in Desperado is called Buscemi as the part was written specifically for him. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Con Air / Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance / Mandy / The Croods
Poster: Season Of The Witch
Actor: Nicolas Cage