[03 November 2019]
Genre – Old folks have no worries for the rest of their days
The Good, The Bad And The Geriatric
Genre – The only western where the horses were fitted with zimmer frames
Genre – Harrison Ford spends most of the movie running away from obsessed Star Wars fans at 76 years old
No Country For Young Men
Genre – Robert Redford, Jack Nicholson, Morgan Freeman and Clint Eastwood defend an old people’s home from a gang of hoodies
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name the Sioux Native Americans give to Kevin Costner’s character in Dances With Wolves?
DANCES WITH WOLVES
2. The Three Musketeers is set in which country?
3. Who directed Sleepy Hollow?
4. Who played the lead role in Sister Act and Sister Act 2?
5. What is the title of the sequel to the Russian film Night Watch?
6. What colour is Michael Myers’ mask in Halloween?
7. Forest Gump served in which war, in the film of the same name?
8. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito play brothers in which film?
9. What was the title of the 2005 biopic about Johnny Cash?
WALK THE LINE
10. The following quote is from which film, “He turns to me and says, why so serious? He comes at me with knife, why so serious”?
THE DARK KNIGHT
ROUND II: Filming [Elderly Leads]
1. Steven Spielberg’s The Post is about which US newspaper? The Boston Globe? The New York Times? The Washington Post?
THE WASHINGTON POST
2. Who played the co-lead role opposite Morgan Freeman in Invictus? Chris Hemsworth? Jeremy Renner? Matt Damon?
3. Gran Torino was released in which year? 2003? 2008? 2014?
4. Who directed Lions For Lambs? Oliver Stone? Rob Reiner? Robert Redford?
5. Which two actors are playing the title roles in the upcoming The Two Popes? Anthony Hopkins and Jonathan Pryce? Harvey Keitel and Bill Nighy? Nick Nolte and Ben Kingsley?
ANTHONY HOPKINS & JONATHAN PRYCE
6. What is the subtitle of Winchester, starring Helen Mirren? Mansion of horror? The house that ghosts built? Keeper of the dead?
THE HOUSE THAT GHOSTS BUILT (to avoid association with the Supernatural TV series in certain countries)
7. Which of the following do Carter and Cole not do in The Bucket List? Swim with dolphins? Go skydiving? Drive motorbikes along the Great Wall of China?
SWIM WITH DOLPHINS
8. What is the name of Dustin Hoffman’s directorial debut starring Maggie Smith, Billy Connolly and Michael Gambon? Quartet? The Choir? Bows Up?
9. Which of the central members of The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen is revealed to be a double-agent working for Moriarty? Dorian Gray? Captain Nemo? Mina Harker?
10. Annie Starke, who plays the younger version of Glen Close’s character in 2017’s The Wife is Glen Close’s daughter. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. In James And The Giant Peach, James shares the peach with six types of animal, name them. (one point per correct answer)
GRASSHOPPER / CENTIPEDE / LADYBIRD / SPIDER / EARTHWORM / GLOWWORM
2. Janusz Kaminski, Wally Pfister, Jeff Cronenweth and Roger Deakins all perform what job on a film set?
CINEMATOGRAPHER / DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY
3. How many Human Centipede films have been released to date?
4. Kurt Russell played Jack Burton in which film?
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA
5. What dinosaur is the first on the tour route in Jurassic Park?
6. How many films have Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise co-starred in?
ONE (Interview With The Vampire)
7. The following quote is from which film, “Wash day tomorrow? Nothing clean, right?”?
8. Who directed Assault On Precinct 13 (1976)?
9. Steve Martin and Goldie Hawn starred together in which 1992 film? [bonus point for naming the other film these two actors appeared in]
HOUSESITTER [The Out-Of-Towners]
10. Who appeared in There Will Be Blood, Looper, 12 Years A Slave and Prisoners?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Nothing on Earth could come between them”? Deep Impact? Titanic? The Day After Tomorrow?
2. Which of the following films did not feature Mark Ruffalo? Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind? Foxcatcher? Arrival?
3. In Bad Boys, Martin Lawrence and Will Smith portray detectives in which city? Los Angeles? Miami? Jersey City?
4. The following is a quote from which film, “Nothing shocks me, I’m a scientist”? Ghostbusters? Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom? The Theory Of Everything?
INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM
5. A Man For All Seasons is about which British monarch? Richard III? Henry VIII? George III?
6. What was the title of Sergio Leone’s final film? The Good, The Bad And The Ugly? Once Upon A Time In The West? Once Upon A Time In America?
ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA
7. Which of the following is not a Bruce Lee film? Twin Dragons? The Big Boss? Fist Of Fury?
8. According to The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy, on what day does the world end? Tuesday? Wednesday? Thursday?
9. What is the colour of Borden’s rubber ball in The Prestige? Black? Red? Blue?
10. To retain a silent film quality, there isn’t a single zoom shot in The Shape Of Water, as zoom technology wasn’t around until the mid-1920s. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Secretary / Stargate / Mannequin / Avengers: Age Of Ultron
Poster: Wall Street
Actor: James Spader