[08 September 2019]
Genre – Masters orange, pink, blonde and white birch their sweet shop heist and learn their lesson
That’s A Bingo!
Genre – A new Tarantino film that focuses on an OAP’s bingo hall where nothing happens until the very end where the geriatric bingo lovers take over and fuck shit up. It’s a blood bath. Oh.. and feet.
Street Shiter XIV
Genre – Comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of Jim Carrey’s character in Bruce Almighty?
2. Maleficent is an adaptation of which Disney film?
3. Who played the lead role in Gravity?
4. In which film series did Emilio Estevez play a coach of a kid’s ice hockey team?
5. Interstellar was released in which year?
6. Of the five currently released Pirates Of The Caribbean films, how many were directed by Gore Verbinski?
7. Achilles, Hector, Paris, Helen and Agamemnon are all characters in which 2004 film?
8. Who directed Ocean’s Eleven?
9. What is the name/colour of Owen’s lead raptor in Jurassic World and its sequel?
10. The space shuttles Freedom and Independence feature in which Michael Bay film?
ROUND II: Filming [Quentin Tarantino]
1. What is the title of the most recent Quentin Tarantino feature? A Hollywood Story? One Night In Hollywood? Once Upon A Time In Hollywood?
ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD
2. In Death Proof, Zoe test drives a Dodge Challenger. What colour is it? Red? Yellow? White?
3. What is the name of Leonardo DiCaprio’s character in Django Unchained? Jeremiah Jodelle? Calvin Candie? Nathaniel Narcisse?
4. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “This Christmas, Santa’s got a brand new bag”? Reservoir Dogs? Jackie Brown? Kill Bill: Volume 1?
5. Who voices the OSS commander and Aldo Raine’s superior in Inglourious Basterds? Harvey Keitel? Robert De Niro? Michael Madsen?
6. Where is Jody Domergue hiding during The Hateful Eight? The attic? The basement? The stable?
7. How long was Vic Vega in prison before the central heist in Reservoir Dogs? 1 year? 4 years? 7 years?
8. What is O-Ren Ishii’s codename in Kill Bill: Volume 1? Cottonmouth? Sidewinder? Copperhead?
9. How many members of Pulp Fiction’s cast were nominated for acting Oscars? 3? 5? 8?
THREE (John Travolta, Samuel L Jackson, Uma Thurman)
10. Originally, in Kill Bill: Volume 2, Pai Mei was going to be dubbed in English (as an homage to classic martial arts films) voiced by Quentin Tarantino. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which film featured Anton Yelchin, Alan Cumming, Fred Armisen, Neil Patrick Harris and Katy Perry?
2. The opening scene of Spectre takes place in which country?
3. What is the name of Kristoff’s reindeer in Frozen?
4. How are Joaquin Phoenix and Mel Gibson’s characters connected in Signs?
5. What was the name of the protocol that signalled the wiping out of the Jedi in Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge Of The Sith?
6. What are the names of Woody’s two owners in the Toy Story franchise? (one point per correct answer)
ANDY / BONNIE
7. President James Marshall is the fictional president in which 1997 Wolfgang Petersen film?
AIR FORCE ONE
8. Which Men In Black film features time travel?
MEN IN BLACK 3
9. Shrek was released in which year?
10. In The Fifth Element, who played the role of Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Bring him home”? Cast Away? The Martian? 127 Hours?
2. In A Few Good Men, the murder of marine William Santiago occurs in which country? Cuba? Vietnam? South Korea?
3. The following quote is from which film, “There’s two kinds of people, Greeks and everybody else who wish they were Greeks”? Captain Corelli’s Mandolin? Clash Of The Titans (2010)? My Big Fat Greek Wedding?
MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING
4. On the posters for The Dark Knight, who received second billing after Christian Bale? Heath Ledger? Michael Caine? Gary Oldman?
5. What was the title of the sequel to 300? The Untold Story? Rise Of An Empire? Battle For Glory?
RISE OF AN EMPIRE
6. Who plays Benjamin Gates’ father in National Treasure? Christopher Walken? Jon Voight? Christopher Plummer? [bonus point for naming the actor who plays his mother in the sequel]
JON VOIGHT [Helen Mirren]
7. What does the inscription on Nathan Algren’s katana say in The Last Samurai? No longer shall the uncharted path dictate your actions? Long have I searched for a worthy master, my search is at an end? I belong to the warrior in whom the old ways are new?
I BELONG TO THE WARRIOR IN WHOM THE OLD WAYS ARE NEW
8. What is the name of Kevin Costner’s character in The Bodyguard? Frank? Greg? Jim?
9. How many angels are on the top of the ark of the covenant in Raiders Of The Lost Ark? 2? 4? 5?
10. Scarlett Johansson’s hair in Ghost In The Shell is a wig. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Memento / Groundhog Day / Buried / Spaceballs
Poster: Miss Congeniality 2: Armed And Fabulous
Actor: Stephen Toblowsky