[10 March 2019]
Rogue One Eye
Genre – A cannibalistic viking story
It’s A Mads, Mads, Mads, Mads Mikkelsen
Genre – Comedy caper where every single role is played by Mads Mikkelsen
Mads Max: Beyond The Casino
Genre – Mads Mikkelsen spends two hours convincing people he has appeared in films other than Casino Royale
Genre – Action comedy
Street Shiter VIII
Genre – Action
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. The Ridley Scott, Russell Crowe collaboration A Good Year is an adaptation of which novel?
A GOOD YEAR
2. Who plays the lead role in the Meet The Parents series?
3. The following quote is from which film, “You’ve gotta ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky? Well do ya, punk”?
4. What colour are the white roses in Alice In Wonderland painted?
5. Michael Gambon played the role of Dumbledore in how many films?
6. Which two actors have played the role of Max Rockatansky on screen? (one point per correct answer)
MEL GIBSON / TOM HARDY
7. Donnie Darko was released in which year?
8. Who directed The Abyss?
9. Who played the role of Will Scarlett in Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves?
10. Daniel LaRusso is the lead character in which 80s trilogy?
THE KARATE KID
ROUND II: Filming [Mads Mikkelsen]
1. Who played the title role in 2004’s King Arthur? Clive Owen? Russell Crowe? Viggo Mortensen?
2. Casino Royale was released in which year? 2003? 2006? 2009?
3. Which Rogue One character said the following quote, “You have made time an ally of the Rebellion. I suggest we solve both problems simultaneously with an immediate test of the weapon”? Director Orson Krennic? Grand Moff Tarkin? Darth Vader?
GRAND MOFF TARKIN
4. Which instalment of the Pusher trilogy did not feature Mads Mikkelsen? Pusher? Pusher II? Pusher 3?
5. Liam Neeson played the role of Zeus in 2010’s Clash Of The Titans, who played the same role in the 1981 original? Kirk Douglas? Peter Ustinov? Laurence Olivier?
6. Mads Mikkelsen appeared in the Danish dub for two Pixar films. Which of the following wasn’t one of them? Monsters Inc? A Bug’s Life? Cars?
A BUG’S LIFE
7. In the opening sequence of Paul W S Anderson’s The Three Musketeers, the musketeers and Milady de Winter are stealing plans for what? Submarines? Airships? Tanks?
8. How many Sanctums make up the shield that protects Earth from magical threats in Doctor Strange? 3? 4? 5? [bonus points for naming the cities they reside in]
THREE [New York, London, Hong Kong]
9. In Danish film, The Hunt, Lucas’ girlfriend Nadja is from Russia. What language do they speak to each other in? French? German? English?
10. Mads Mikkelsen has no dialogue throughout Valhalla Rising. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What are the names of the three villainous roles played by David Warner in Tron? (one point per correct answer)
ED DILLINGER / SARK / MASTER CONTROL PROGRAM
2. Flatliners was released in which year? [bonus point for naming the release year of the remake]
3. What is the name of the Disney princess in Enchanted?
4. To date, Dagobah has appeared in how many Star Wars films?
TWO (Empire and Jedi but deleted scene from Revenge Of The Sith doesn’t count)
5. Ross Webster is the villain in which 80s superhero film?
6. Who directed The Wrestler?
7. The following quote is from which film, “I don’t blame people for their mistakes but I do ask that they pay for them”?
8. What is the name of the Nicolas Cage film in which he plays a corrupt detective who witnesses the assassination of the US Defence Secretary?
9. In Men In Black, the Arquillian battleship fires a warning shot at the arctic and explains the MIB has a galactic standard week to return the galaxy. How long is a galactic standard week when converted to Earth time?
10. Which film featured Bryan Cranston, Bill Hader, Elizabeth Banks and Naomi Scott?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which member of Dutch’s team is the first to die in Predator? Poncho? Blain? Hawkins?
2. In All The President’s Men, Woodward and Bernstein work for which newspaper? The Boston Globe? The New York Times? The Washington Post?
THE WASHINGTON POST
3. Who worked as cinematographer on Nineteen Eighty-Four, The Shawshank Redemption, The Village and Sicario? Roger Deakins? Conrad L Hall? Janusz Kaminski?
4. What was the title of the last major release put out on VHS? Hidalgo? A History Of Violence? Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King?
A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE
5. Mel Gibson, Kurt Russell, Michelle Pfeiffer and Raoul Julia starred together in which film? The Best Of Times? Tequila Sunrise? Silkwood?
6. Last Man Standing and A Fistful Of Dollars are remakes of which film? Kagemusha? Ikiru? Yojimbo?
7. White Heat, Angels With Dirty Faces and The Public Enemy all featured which actor? Humphrey Bogart? Edward G Robinson? James Cagney?
8. Julia Roberts has been nominated for four Oscars, which film did she win one for? Steel Magnolias? Pretty Woman? Erin Brockovich? [bonus point for naming the fourth film she was nominated for]
ERIN BROCKOVICH [August: Osage County]
9. Which actor has appeared most frequently in Quentin Tarantino films (excluding the stunt work of Zoe Bell)? Samuel L Jackson? Tim Roth? Bruce Dern?
SAMUEL L JACKSON (six times to date)
10. Laurence Fishburne was only 14 when he auditioned for his role in Apocalypse Now but lied saying he was 17. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Chinatown / Blade Runner / The Day The Earth Stood Still / Big Trouble In Little China
Poster: The Art Of War
Actor: James Hong