[15 July 2018]
The Nightmare After New Year
Genre – Jack Skellington breaks out the hydra teeth after Halloweentown’s New Year’s party
genre – A down on his luck screenwriter becomes embroiled in LA’s medical underworld after kidnapping the skeleton of Colin Farrell’s dog
Bonejangles N Harmony
Genre – A ‘humerus’ tale about Bonejangles joining an RNB (rhythm and bones) group
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. 2017’s It is based on which Stephen King novel?
2. The Great Escape is set during which military conflict?
WORLD WAR II
3. Jim Carrey played the role of The Riddler in which film?
4. Tom Hanks, Matt Damon, Tom Sizemore and Giovanni Ribisi starred in which Steven Spielberg film?
SAVING PRIVATE RYAN
5. What is the title of the Danny Boyle zombie film starring Cillian Murphy?
28 DAYS LATER
6. Which Monty Python film tells the story of King Arthur and the knights of the round table?
MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL
7. The Matrix was released in which year?
8. What is the name of Dick Van Dyke’s character in Mary Poppins?
9. Who directed Snatch?
10. Commodus, Lucilla, Antonius Proximo and Maximus Decimus Meridius are characters in which film?
ROUND II: Filming [Skeletons Special]
1. Pixar’s Coco is set in which country? Brazil? Mexico? Argentina?
2. Who composed the score for The Nightmare Before Christmas? John Williams? Danny Elfman? Hans Zimmer?
3. Which of the following actors has not played Hamlet on film? Mel Gibson? Tim Roth? Ethan Hawke?
4. What is the subtitle of the sequel to Ghost Rider? Road To Damnation? Spirit Of Vengeance? Vicious Cycle?
SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE
5. Jason And The Argonauts was released in which year? 1958? 1963? 1971?
6. Which Dinosaur in Jurassic Park did Steven Spielberg claim was “the star of the movie,” rewriting scenes to feature it more? Brachiosaurus? Velociraptor? Tyrannosaurus Rex?
7. The following quote is from which film, “One possible future, from your point of view. I don’t know tech stuff”? The Terminator? Terminator 3? Terminator Genisys?
8. What was the poster tagline for Army Of Darkness? Good. Bad. He’s the guy with the gun? Trapped in time, surrounded by evil, low on gas? One man, one mission, one boomstick?
TRAPPED IN TIME, SURROUNDED BY EVIL, LOW ON GAS
9. The cosmic key is a mcguffin device in which film? Mortal Kombat? The Book Of Life? Masters Of The Universe?
MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
10. Among Johnny Depp’s many suggestions for Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl, he wanted Jack Sparrow to have no nose and be afraid of pepper. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Who starred in The African Queen, Angels With Dirty Faces and The Maltese Falcon?
2. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free”?
THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
3. Who played the role of Desi Collings in Gone Girl?
NEIL PATRICK HARRIS
4. The following quote is from which film, “Ryan, some things in here don’t react well to bullets. Yeah, like me. I don’t react well to bullets”?
THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER
5. Which two Pixar films came out in between Wall-E and Cars 2? (one point per correct answer)
UP / TOY STORY 3
6. Rollo Tomasi is an alias given to an unidentified killer in which film?
7. Leon is set in which city?
NEW YORK CITY
8. Travis, Iris, Betsy, Sport and Wizard are characters in which 70s film?
9. Who composed the score for Blade Runner?
10. The theatrical release poster for Pulp Fiction is styled like an old pulp novel, complete with worn edges and a price tag. How much is listed on the tag?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following actors has not appeared in a Christopher Nolan film? Anton Yelchin? Aidan Gillen? Pete Postlethwaite?
2. After Adonis’ first match in 2015’s Creed, what are Adonis, Rocky and Bianca watching on TV? Raging Bull? Boyz N The Hood? Skyfall?
3. The Princess Bride was released in which year? 1981? 1985? 1987?
4. Who played the role of Max Taber in One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest? Christopher Lloyd? Danny DeVito? Brad Dourif?
5. The following quote is from which film, “If the headline is big enough, it makes the news big enough”? All The President’s Men? Citizen Kane? Spotlight?
6. How many years has Joy been imprisoned at the start of Room? 5? 7? 10?
7. Which Chan-wook Park film tells the story of an investigation into a shooting between North and South Korean border guards? Thirst? The Moon Is The Sun’s Dream? JSA?
JSA: JOINT SECURITY AREA
8. In Amadeus, while attending a fancy dress party with his wife and father, Mozart dresses as which animal? Bull? Dragon? Unicorn?
9. Who is the first crewman to die in Alien? Dallas? Brett? Kane?
10. To see which studios were actually reading the script for Good Will Hunting, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon added a sex scene between their characters halfway through. True or False?
TRUE (and the only one who mentioned it was Miramax)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid / The Big Lebowski / The Golden Compass / Tombstone
Actor: Sam Elliott