[08 April 2018]
Genre – Bruce Wayne discovers the knights templar’s treasure and Nicolas Cage flips out as usual
We Don’t Want The Haribo
Genre – Comedy
A Noisy Place
Genre – Unwatchably annoying horro where the entire cast bang pots and scream constantly to ward off an alien attack
Four Skin Jobs
Genre – A Jewish comedy about four moyels
Isle Of Lads (Lads Lads)
Genre – Horror
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. The Last Of The Mohicans is an adaptation of which book?
THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS
2. Which sport is the central focus of Southpaw, starring Jake Gyllenhaal?
3. Who composed score for Interstellar, The Lion King and Driving Miss Daisy?
4. Who played the lead role in Breakfast At Tiffany’s?
5. Which two Batman films featured Michael Keaton (one point per correct answer)
BATMAN / BATMAN RETURNS
6. What is the title of the sequel to An American Werewolf In London?
AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN PARIS
7. What are the two subtitles of the fifth Pirates Of The Caribbean film? (one point per correct answer)
SALAZAR’S REVENGE / DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES
8. The 2014 film, ’71, starring Jack O’Connell is predominantly set in which country?
9. What is the name of Roger Rabbit’s wife in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
10. What was the title of the Josh Trank directed film about students who gain superpowers, starring Dane DeHaan, Michael B Jordan and Alex Russell?
ROUND II: Filming [Two Word Title Special]
1. What is the title of the fourth Bourne film starring Matt Damon? Bourne Again? Becoming Bourne? Jason Bourne?
2. Who directed Gone Girl? David Fincher? Tyler Perry? Ben Affleck?
3. How many team members make up Team America in the film of the same name? 5? 6? 7?
FIVE (Lisa, Joe, Sarah, Chris and Carson/Gary who are in the same post)
4. Why do the Russians (led by Iosef) attack John Wick in the film of the same name? John interfered with a gas station robbery? John refused to sell his car? John was sitting in their usual booth in a diner?
REFUSED TO SELL HIS CAR
5. What is the name of Fay Wray’s character in King Kong? Dawn Prescott? Ann Darrow? Eve Watts?
6. What was the title of the 1975 sequel to True Grit? Rooster Cogburn? Fortitude? Black For Death?
7. Which faction of The Others make up the group known as the Night Watch in the 2004 Russian film Nochnoi Dozor? The neutral judges? Forces of darkness? Forces of light?
FORCES OF LIGHT
8. In Rogue One, Jyn Erso meets up with her father on which system? Bothawui? Rodia? Eadu?
9. Who directed The Machinist? Terry George? Brad Anderson? Rob Bowman?
10. Laura, whose son Simon goes missing in El Orfanato, wears a necklace with a St Anthony medal – the patron saint of lost items. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What are the names of the two angels in Dogma, played by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon? (one point per correct answer)
BARTLEBY / LOKI
2. Which film starred Bill Murray, Melissa McCarthy, Naomi Watts and Terence Howard?
3. Who directed American Sniper?
4. Quantico Virginia, Memphis Tennessee and the Baltimore State Hospital For The Criminally Insane are all locations in which film?
THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
5. What is the title of the 1982 Werner Herzog film about a rubber baron taking a steamship over land through the Amazon?
6. Who plays the lead antagonist, Carnegie in Book Of Eli?
7. In Titanic, according to Rose, how many years have passed since the sinking of the ship and Brock Lovett’s expedition?
8. What did Taika Waititi direct in between What We Do In The Shadows and Thor Ragnarok?
HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE
9. The following quote is from which film, “We’re here to preserve democracy, not to practice it”?
10. Which actor has played Lord Wessex, Johannes Vermeer and King George VI?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Who directed Audition, Ichi The Killer and Ace Attorney? Takeshi Kitano? Takashi Miike? Hideaki Anno?
2. What is the title of the film in which Steve Martin plays a faith healer named Jonas Nightengale? Healed? Nightingale’s Song? Leap Of Faith?
LEAP OF FAITH
3. Which of the following didn’t appear in Sergio Leone’s Once Upon A Time In America? Peter Weller? James Woods? Joe Pesci?
4. A Most Violent Year is set in which decade? 1970s? 1980s? 1990s?
5. In Collateral Beauty, Will Smith’s character copes with the death of his daughter by writing letters to Time, Death and Love. Which one is played by Helen Mirren? Time? Death? Love?
6. Who played the lead role in 2014’s Testament Of Youth? Alicia Vikander? Margot Robbie? Sally Hawkins?
7. The following quote is from which film, “For God’s sake, Chris, the whole world is watching. We can’t just let him die in front of a live audience”? The Truman Show? The Killing Fields? Network?
THE TRUMAN SHOW
8. What did Tim Burton direct in between Frankenweenie and Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children? Alice Through The Looking Glass? Big Eyes? Lullaby?
9. Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton play brothers in which film? Last Man Standing? Warrior? Pride?
10. Reign Of Fire was filmed in the Wicklow mountains in Ireland on the condition that the production in no way damaged the landscape. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Congo / Love Actually / Dave / The Exorcism Of Emily Rose
Poster: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows
Actor: Laura Linney