[03 December 2017]
Clear & Present Frasier
Genre – Thriller starring Kelsey Grammer
Terry’s Cockwork Orange 2: Never Stop Popping… With Sexy Results
Genre – Ex-England manager Terry Venables mistakes some Viagra for popping candy whilst lying on a sunbed
Red, White & Blue Velvet
Genre – David Lynch’s disturbing take on the dark underbelly of Brexit
Man Of Blue Steel
Genre – Manly men in steel sundries
Genre – Cartel documentary
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the title of the sequel to Daddy’s Home?
DADDY’S HOME 2
2. Who played the lead role in Groundhog Day?
3. Which South American country does Paddington come from in the film of the same name?
4. What is the title of the first sequel to Star Trek (2009)?
STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS
5. How many members make up the Parr family in The Incredibles?
6. Who directed Fantastic Mr Fox?
7. The following quote is from which Jurassic Park film, “I read both of your books. I liked the first one more – before you were on the island – you liked dinosaurs back then”?
JURASSIC PARK III
8. What is the name of the lead character in Despicable Me?
9. The Nakatomi Plaza is the central location for which 1988 action film?
10. What was the title of the 2015 film starring Dwayne Johnson as a LAFD Air Rescue pilot in which an earthquake hits Los Angeles?
ROUND II: Filming [Colour Titles Special]
1. What colour is Hal Jordan’s suit in Green Lantern? Yellow? Black? Green?
2. Who directed The Colour Purple? Steven Spielberg? Edward Zwick? Ridley Scott?
3. Fifty Shades Of Grey was released in which year? 2014? 2015? 2016?
4. What is the name of Molly Ringwald’s character in Pretty In Pink? Andie Walsh? Kate Walsh? Steff Walsh?
5. In Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, which dwarf wears a red tunic and a blue hat? Grumpy? Doc? Sleepy?
6. Akira Kurosawa’s Red Beard tells the 19th Century story of people in which profession? Medical? Military? Culinary?
MEDICAL / DOCTORS
7. Which character said the following line from Yellow Submarine “Liverpool can be a lonely place on a Saturday night and this is only Thursday morning”? John Lennon? Paul McCartney? Ringo Starr?
8. What is the name of the aversion therapy used to condition Alex in A Clockwork Orange? Mildolo Technique? Mezzaluna Technique? Ludovico Technique?
9. Darren Aronofsky bought the rights to which anime so he could use the concepts and shots in films such as Requiem For A Dream and Black Swan? Perfect Blue? Black Jack? Exorcist Blue?
10. The majority of locations in Magnolia contain at least one picture or painting of a magnolia. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. In Ron Howard’s Robert Langdon trilogy, Langdon (played by Tom Hanks) is accompanied by a female sidekick. Name the respective actress for each film. (one point per correct answer)
AUDREY TATOU (The Da Vinci Code) AYELET ZURER (Angels & Demons) FELICITY JONES (Inferno)
2. What were the respective release years of The Day Of The Jackal and its remake, The Jackal? (one point per correct answer)
1973 / 1997
3. What is the title of Mel Gibson’s most recently directed feature?
4. The following quote is from which film, “You’ve got city boy hands, Hooper. You’ve been counting money all your life”?
5. Gremlins was released in which year?
6. Caleb Smith, Nathan Bateman and Ava are the main characters in which 2015 science fiction film?
7. The following is the poster tagline for which film “A lone warrior searching for his destiny, a tribe of lost children looking for a hero, in a world battling to survive, they face a woman determined to rule”?
MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME
8. How many Conan films (starring Schwarzenegger) were made?
TWO (Conan The Barbarian / Conan The Destroyer)
9. The following is the opening line from which film, “Many strange legends are told of these jungles of India”?
THE JUNGLE BOOK
10. What is the correct order of the Planet Of The Apes prequel titles?
RISE / DAWN / WAR
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following did not star in The Magnificent Seven remake? Stellan Skarsgard? Vincent D’Onofrio? Ethan Hawke?
2. Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children was released in which year? 2015? 2016? 2017?
3. What is the name of Wonka’s main rival in Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory? Cliff Slaghoople? Jeremy Slyburg? Arthur Slugworth
4. What is the name of the malevolent force consuming Fantasia in The Neverending Story? The Black? The Nothing? The Void?
5. Who directed Manchester By The Sea? Kenneth Lonergan? Brad Gann? John Boorman?
6. Who plays the male lead, alongside Audrey Hepburn, in My Fair Lady? Christopher Plummer? Rex Harrison? William Holden?
7. What is the colour of Gene Kranz’s (Ed Harris) waistcoat in Apollo 13? Blue? Gold? White?
8. Which of the following is not one of the call-signs from Top Gun? Jester? Cougar? Looper?
9. What did Stanley Kubrick direct in 1968? Dr Strangelove? Lolita? 2001 A Space Odyssey?
2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY
10. John Wick was directed by Keanu Reeves’ stunt double from Point Break. True or False?
FALSE (Chad Stahelski was Reeves’ stunt double in The Matrix)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Rocky / First Blood / Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 / Tango & Cash
Poster: The Expendables 2
Actor: Sylvester Stallone