[24 September 2017]
Spatula: Kitchen In The Sky
Genre – In a world of starving aeronauts, a flying kitchen holds salvation
Studio Jubblies 2: Princess Mono-Nippy
Genre – Miyazaki directs a talented voice cast in a particularly chilly recording studio
When The Cat Returns With Sexy Results
Genre – Live action remake
Takeshi’s Moving Castle
Genre – Game show film
Bowels Moving Arsehole
Genre – An animation about a magical arsehole in the sky, propelled by the noxious gas from its bowels below
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. The Val Kilmer film, The Saint, is an adaptation of which Roger Moore TV series?
2. How many grandchildren does John Hammond has (that we specifically see) in Jurassic Park?
TWO (Lex / Tim)
3. “Freeze in hell, Batman” and “This is why Superman works alone” were quotes from which film?
BATMAN AND ROBIN
4. What are the titles of the four Indiana Jones films? (one point per correct answer)
RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK / TEMPLE OF DOOM / THE LAST CRUSADE / THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL
5. Who appeared in 10 Things I Hate About You, A Knight’s Tale and The Dark Knight?
6. Maui, Heihei and Te Fiti are characters in which Disney film?
7. Gondor, Hobbiton and Rohan are regions in which film franchise?
THE LORD OF THE RINGS
8. How many Star Trek films have been made to date?
9. What was the name of the Aerosmith song composed for Armageddon?
I DON’T WANT TO MISS A THING
10. Which two actors starred in the lead roles in Planes, Trains & Automobiles? (one point per correct answer)
STEVE MARTIN / JOHN CANDY
ROUND II: Filming [Studio Ghibli Special]
1. In Spirited Away, Chihiro and her family enter the spirit world and her parents are turned into what animals? Cats? Dragons? Pigs?
2. Sophie is the lead character in which film? The Wind Rises? Arriety? Howl’s Moving Castle?
HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE
3. The majority of Ponyo (in the film of the same name) is what colour? Red? Blue? Yellow?
4. What is the name of the cat in Whisper Of The Heart and The Cat Returns? Yuko Harada? Sugimura? Baron Humbert Von Gikkingen?
BARON HUMBERT VON GIKKINGEN
5. Which film did Ghibli release after Whisper Of The Heart and before My Neighbours The Yamadas? Pom Poko? Princess Mononoke? Only Yesterday?
6. How many Ghibli films have been made by Hayao Miyazaki’s son, Goro? 2? 3? 4?
TWO (Tales From Earthsea / From Up On Poppy Hill)
7. Where does Sanuki and his wife find Kaguya in The Tale Of The Princess Kaguya? On a lily-pad? Behind a waterfall? In a bamboo shoot?
IN A BAMBOO SHOOT
8. The following quote is from which film, “If you wake up tomorrow and find a white cat, it’s me”? Castle In The Sky? Kiki’s Delivery Service? The Cat Returns?
KIKI’S DELIVERY SERVICE (Jiji to Kiki regarding the amount of flower in the room)
9. What is the name of Gina’s hotel in Porco Rosso? Hotel Adriano? Hotel Bacalli? Hotel Ciprina?
10. In My Neighbour Totoro, Totoro’s name is based on a mispronunciation of troll. True or False?
TRUE (although it did not appear in the 1993 English language version, it was restored for the 2006 dub)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which Disney film was released in between Cinderella and Peter Pan?
ALICE IN WONDERLAND
2. The buried alive scene takes place in which volume of Kill Bill?
3. What is the name of the hornbill, voiced by Rowan Atkinson, in The Lion King?
4. The following quote is from which film, “Now if there’s one thing you can be sure of, it’s that nothing is more powerful than a young boy’s wish. Except an apache helicopter. An apache helicopter has machine guns and missiles, it’s an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry, an absolute death machine”?
5. What was the first colour film to win the Oscar for best picture?
GONE WITH THE WIND
6. In the 1997 animated film Anastasia, who voices the role of Rasputin?
7. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “It’s a whole new West, July 99”?
WILD WILD WEST
8. What are the names of the two criminals in Home Alone? (one point per correct answer)
HARRY / MARV
9. What is Leon’s beverage of choice in the film of the same name?
10. What is the name of Ron Burgundy’s dog in Anchorman?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the name of the lead samurai in Seven Samurai? Kanbe? Gorobe? Kikuchiyo?
2. What are Proximo’s (played by Oliver Reed) last words in Gladiator? Freedom, Spaniard. Freedom? Eternal glory? Shadows and dust?
SHADOWS AND DUST
3. The clicking alien language in District 9 was achieved by rubbing what kind of food product? Pumpkin? Pineapple? A bag of Rice Krispies?
4. What is the name of Indiana Jones’ secretary? Irene? Janice? Katherine?
5. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is set in which county? Denmark? Sweden? Norway?
6. Which of the following actors did not appear in 40 Year Old Virgin? Jonah Hill? Paul Rudd? Michael Cera?
7. The Monty Python cast play several roles in The Holy Grail but which one portrayed the most at 12 characters? Michael Palin? Terry Jones? Eric Idle?
8. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “They keep coming back in a bloodthirsty lust for human flesh”? Night Of The Living Dead? The Return Of The Living Dead? The Plague Of The Zombies?
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
9. In The Bourne Identity, the laser pointer in Jason’s hip takes him to a bank in which country? Switzerland? Germany? France?
10. The line “I’ll be back” from The Terminator was actually scripted as “I’ll come back.” True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: American Beauty / LA Confidential / A Bug’s Life / Horrible Bosses 2
Poster: Glengarry Glen Ross
Actor: Kevin Spacey