[27 August 2017]
Rouge One: A Sexy Star Wars Story… With Sexy Results
Genre – Ging-Erso is tasked with stealing the sexy plans to an intergalactic windmill
Genre – A red pride documentary
Red Bobs & Boom Sticks
Genre – Leelo from The Fifth Element and Ash from The Evil Dead team up to fight deadites in the bowels of futuristic New York City
The Hunt For Red-Croptober
Genre – One man’s hunt for the ultimate red cropped haircut during the month of October
Lost In Translation
Genre – Comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of Tom Cruise’s character in Jerry Maguire?
2. Who played the lead role in Anchorman?
3. Fantastic Beasts and where to find them is the prequel series to which franchise?
4. What is the title of the most recent Star Trek film?
STAR TREK BEYOND
5. Trainspotting is predominantly set in which country?
6. What is the title of the sequel to Magic Mike?
MAGIC MIKE XXL
7. Leonardo DiCaprio won his first acting Oscar for his performance in which film?
8. Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy played the lead roles in which Paul Feig film?
9. Which 1960 science fiction features a time traveller named George and his adventures with the Eloi and Morlocks?
THE TIME MACHINE
10. American Graffiti was released in which decade?
ROUND II: Filming [Red-Headed Actors Special]
1. [Karen Gillan] What is the name of Karen Gillan’s character in Guardians Of The Galaxy? Starlord? Nebula? Thanos?
2. [Alicia Witt] David Lynch directed an adaptation of which science fiction novel? War Of The Worlds? Dune? Ender’s Game?
3. [Jeffrey Jones] Ichabod Crane is a constable working in which city before being dispatched to Sleepy Hollow in the film of the same name? New York? Boston? Chicago?
4. [Simon Pegg] In the cornetto trilogy, which flavour does Shaun Of The Dead represent? Mint? Vanilla? Strawberry?
5. [Eric Stoltz] The following quote is from which film, “I bet you could cut down on the hero factor in a place like this”? Reservoir Dogs? Jackie Brown? Pulp Fiction?
6. Which of the following films did not feature Bryce Dallas Howard? Pete’s Dragon? Terminator Salvation? The Tree Of Life?
THE TREE OF LIFE
7. [Jessica Chastain] Who wrote the screenplay for The Martian? Steven Zaillian? William Monahan? Drew Goddard?
8. Chuck Norris appeared in which Bruce Lee feature? The Big Boss? Way Of The Dragon? Fist Of Fury?
WAY OF THE DRAGON
9. [David Wenham] The following is the poster tagline for which film, “This land will be civilised”? The Proposition? High Plains Drifter? Zulu Dawn?
10. [Julianne Moore] Throughout The Big Lebowski, the dude is seen consuming 31 White Russians. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. The following quote is from which James Bond film, “I know you’ll find this crushing 007 but I don’t sit at home every night praying for some international incident so I can run down here all dressed up to impress James Bond”?
2. Who directed The Conversation?
FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA
3. Based on the mountain range at the end of The Great Escape, in which country is the film set?
4. Margaret Hamilton played Miss Almira Gulch in which classic film?
THE WIZARD OF OZ (also The Wicked Witch Of The West)
5. Chronologically speaking, Resident Evil Retribution is which number in the release sequence?
FIFTH (of six)
6. What is the title of the sequel to Romancing The Stone?
THE JEWEL OF THE NILE
7. What is George Harkness’ alias in Suicide Squad?
8. North By Northwest has a climactic finale atop which US monument?
9. Who played the role of Dr Catheter in Gremlins 2: The New Batch?
10. Michael Fassbender, David Wenham, Dominic West and Rodrigo Santoro appeared in which film?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What name is given to the puzzle box in Hellraiser? The Cryptic Of Pain? The Cenobite Cube? The Lament Configuration?
THE LAMENT CONFIGURATION
2. A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Public Enemy and Yankee Doodle Dandy starred which actor? James Cagney? James Stewart? Clark Gable?
3. Which of the following isn’t a Rodgers and Hammerstein musical? The King And I? South Pacific? Seven Brides For Seven Brothers?
SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS
4. Who directed the following films: Stardust Memories, The Purple Rose Of Cairo and Cassandra’s Dream? Woody Allen? Jim Jarmusch? John Cassavetes?
5. Mannequin was released in which year? 1980? 1984? 1987?
6. What are the names of Steve Martin and Martin Short’s respective characters in The Prince Of Egypt? Bay & Ardeth? Hotep & Huy? Kask & Mumra?
HOTEP & HUY
7. The following quote is from which Eddie Murphy film, “I don’t give a damn who you are. This is America, Jack. Now you say one more word about Lisa and I’ll break my foot off in your royal ass”? The Nutty Professor? Coming To America? The Golden Child?
COMING TO AMERICA
8. Mary Lennox emigrates to Yorkshire from which country at the start of The Secret Garden? India? Australia? Egypt?
9. Which actor served as producer on the 1997 science fiction film Gattaca? Joe Pesci? Danny DeVito? Mel Brooks?
10. The creative team behind The Goonies reunited two years later to release Monster Squad using the same formula but substituting adventure with horror. True or False?
FALSE (Monster Squad featured an entirely different cast and crew)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Rango / Now You See Me / The Great Gatsby / Rise Of The Guardians
Poster: Nocturnal Animals
Actor: Isla Fisher