[04 June 2017]
Horse Head Hippies
Genre – Activists draw attention to the plight of horses by placing imitation horse heads in beds
Home Corleone …With Sexy Results
Genre – When Michael’s “family” go on holiday to Sicily and accidentally leave him behind, he is forced to defend the “family” home with cannolis
The Codfather Part II
Genre – James Pond conducts a secret war against the yakuza for control of the local sushi dealerships
The Furry Godmother
Genre – A young naïve cosplayer finds a heavily musked fox’s head in their hotel bed after refusing an offer to attend a future furry convention and offending the furry godmother
Genre – The story of a dyslexic mafia family constantly mis-speaking/reading instructions “I’ll make you an offal you can’t refuse”
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. The Notebook is an adaptation of which novel by Nicholas Sparks?
2. What colour is Gandalf’s beard in The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King?
3. What is the first rule of Fight Club?
YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB
4. The Pai Mei sequences in Kill Bill, take place in which volume?
KILL BILL: VOL 2
5. Graham Chapman portrays which English king in Monty Python & The Holy Grail?
6. What is the name of the film in which Phil, Stu and Alan try to recall the drunken events from the previous night, in order to locate their friend Doug?
7. How many films are in the Lethal Weapon franchise?
8. Which actor played the lead role in Serpico?
9. Which was the first Fast & Furious film to feature Dwayne Johnson?
10. In what year was The Karate Kid released?
ROUND II: Filming [The Godfather Trilogy Special]
1. Who played the role of Tom Hagen in The Godfather and The Godfather Part II? James Caan? Robert Duvall? George Hamilton?
2. In The Godfather, Clemenza instructs Rocco to leave the gun but take which desert? Profiteroles? Doughnuts? Cannoli?
3. The Godfather Part III was released in which year? 1988? 1990? 1994?
4. What is the name of Michael Corleone’s daughter played by Sofia Coppola? Anne? Mary? Catherine?
5. In The Godfather, what message do Sollozzo’s men send the Corleone family regarding Luca Brasi’s offer? Fish wrapped in a bulletproof vest? A bag of oranges with a knife through them? Wine bottles filled with bullet casings?
FISH WRAPPED IN A BULLET PROOF VEST
6. Which director did Coppola choose to direct The Godfather Part II, before the studio insisted Coppola return? Martin Scorsese? George Lucas? Steven Spielberg?
7. How many of its 11 Oscar nominations did The Godfather Part II win? 2? 6? 10?
8. The following quote is from which Godfather release, “There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me keep your friends close but your enemies closer”? Part I? Part II? Part III?
9. Who was originally cast to play Michael Corleone’s daughter? Sandra Bullock? Famke Janssen? Winona Ryder?
WINONA RYDER (she withdrew to appear in Edward Scissorhands)
10. Marlon Brando’s mouthpiece from The Godfather is on display in the American Museum Of Moving Imagine in New York. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which film starred Ben Affleck, Chris Pine, Ryan Reynolds and Ray Liotta?
2. Stage Beauty, starring Billy Crudup and Claire Danes, tells the story of the first female what?
3. The following quote is from which film, “It only matters that we act now, before we lose the war. Otherwise this will always be Hitler’s Germany.”
4. In The Matrix, the sign in the Oracle’s kitchen reads Temet Nosce, according to the film, what does this mean?
5. What is the name of the lead character in A Bug’s Life?
6. What did Barry Sonnenfeld direct in between Get Shorty and Wild Wild West?
MEN IN BLACK
7. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “The creators of Jaws and Star Wars now bring you the ultimate hero in the ultimate adventure”?
RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK
8. Who played the lead role in Oliver Stone’s Presidential biopic, Nixon?
9. What is the name of the Joker’s lead henchman in Batman?
10. How many kids make up The Goonies?
SEVEN [Mikey / Mouth / Data / Brand / Chunk / Andy / Stef]
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. How many times is it mentioned in The Big Lebowski that the Dude’s rug really tied the room together? 5? 12? 36?
2. What do Garry and Wyatt name their female creation, in Weird Science? Missy? Lisa? Pamela?
3. Which director said, “The most honest form of filmmaking is to make a film for yourself”? Werner Herzog? Peter Jackson? Martin Scorsese?
4. What year was Lady And The Tramp released? 1955? 1964? 1972?
5. The alien (and main villain) in Stargate assumed the identity of which ancient Egyptian god? Ra? Horus? Anubis?
6. In which film do Steve Carrell, Steve Buscemi and Jim Carrey play Las Vegas magicians? Sleight Of Hand? Backwards In An Alley? The Incredible Burt Wonderstone?
THE INCREDIBLE BURT WONDERSTONE
7. Errol Flynn co-starred with Olivia de Havilland in how many films? 3? 8? 17?
8. In the Pirates Of The Caribbean films what is Captain Barbossa’s first name? Hector? Theodore? Weatherby?
9. The Name Of The Rose, starring Sean Connery and Christian Slater, is set in which country? France? Italy? Austria?
10. Edward G Robinson’s final scene before he died was a death scene. True or False?
TRUE (it was for Soylent Green and he died 10 days after shooting was completed)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Bad Neighbours / The Lorax / 17 Again / High School Musical 2
Poster: Mike And Dave Need Wedding Dates
Actor: Zac Efron