[15 January 2017]
Glorious Legitimate Children
Genre – The up-jump of the Hitler Youth
Adolf-In-Tale… With Sexy Results
Genre – Hitler tries to recruit a master race of dolphins. Drew Barrymore tries to stop him
The Price Is Reich
Genre – Terrifying documentary following Katie Price’s attempt to annexe Poland
Genre – Musical in the style of Oliver!
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is Ace’s profession in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective?
2. What is the title of the sequel to Monsters Inc.?
3. What are the respective titles of the three most recent Star Trek films? (one point per correct answer)
STAR TREK / STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS / STAR TREK BEYOND
4. What colour is Cinderella’s gown in the Disney animated film of the same name?
5. Who played the title role in 2012’s Lincoln?
DANIEL DAY LEWIS
6. Ben Stiller and Robin Williams play the roles of Larry Daley and President Theodore Roosevelt in which franchise?
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM
7. The following quote is from which film, “Malcolm was right, life finds a way”?
8. Rhett Butler and Scarlett O’Hara are the lead characters in which classic film?
GONE WITH THE WIND
9. Which actor played the role of Bronson in the 2008 film of the same name?
10. Roy Scheider appeared as Martin Brody in how many Jaws films?
ROUND II: Filming [Tom Hanks Special]
1. While in enemy territory the eponymous Inglourious Basterds are tasked to scalp Nazis. How many scalps per solider are required? 50? 100? 500?
2. Which of the following did not appear in Bryan Singer’s Valkyrie? Tom Wilkinson? Bill Nye? Jim Broadbent?
3. What is the title of Hitler’s song in the musical Springtime For Hitler in The Producers? The Far Right Stuff? Heil Myself? Do You Reich Me?
4. When Steve Rogers is first sent to Europe in Captain America: The First Avenger, which country is he sent to? The Netherlands? France? Italy?
5. Gregory Peck, Laurence Olivier and James Mason starred in which film about clones of Hitler? The Plot To Kill Hitler? The Winds Of War? The Boys From Brazil?
THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL
6. According to Professor Broom in Hellboy, Hitler didn’t die until which year? 1946? 1958? 1987?
7. What was the title of the direct-to-DVD sequel to Timecop about travelling back to kill Hitler? Timecop 2: The Berlin Decision? Timecop 2: Operation Hitler? Timecop 2: The Final Solution?
TIMECOP 2: THE BERLIN DECISION
8. 2002’s Max, starring John Cusack and Noah Taylor, was a production funded by which three countries? Ireland, Germany, Austria? Britain, Hungary, Canada? Australia, France, Denmark?
BRITAIN, HUNGARY, CANADA
9. What is The Downfall’s full original title? Voraus? Herunter Fallen? Der Untergang?
10. The train at the start of Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade has Doctor Fantasy’s Magical Caboose. This was a reference to the name producer Frank Marshall used to practice magic under. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. How many historical figures do Bill and Ted recruit for their history report in Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure?
EIGHT (Napoleon, Billy the Kid, Socrates, Sigmund Freud, Genghis Khan, Joan of Arc, Abraham Lincoln, Ludwig Van Beethoven)
2. What was Oddjob’s nationality in Goldfinger?
3. Which actress played Sarah Conner in The Terminator and T2: Judgement Day?
4. The following quote is from which film, “Yeah, that’s perfectly clear, Mickey. Just give me one minute to confer with my colleague. Did you understand a single word of what he just said”?
5. How many people made up the speaking cast of stop-motion film Anomalisa?
THREE (David Thewlis, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tom Noonan)
6. What did Ron Howard direct in between The Paper and Ransom?
7. In 2007’s Waitress, Jenna (played by Keri Russell) works at a diner creating unusually titled desserts inspired by events in her life. What type of desserts does she make?
8. Which actor plays the role of Moriarty in Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows?
9. How many slave-owners hold the lease on Solomon Northup in 12 Years A Slave?
TWO (William Ford / Edwin Epps)
10. Which actor appeared in The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus, The Social Network and The Amazing Spider-Man 2?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Bravo 14 was the fake/working title for which film? Monuments Men? Suicide Squad? Zombieland?
2. As a retirement prank, in Falling Down, Sergeant Prendergast’s colleagues fill the desks of his draw with what? Sand? Cement? Fish?
3. Paul Newman and Kris Kristofferson have both played which role? Billy The Kid? Douglas MacArthur? Robert E Lee?
BILLY THE KID (The Left Handed Gun and Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid)
4. What was the name of Walt Disney’s first studio which was founded in 1921 and filed for bankruptcy in 1923? Laugh-O-Gram? Walt’s Dream Machine? Side Splittas?
5. Which of the following films was not directed by the Coen brothers? Blood Simple? Welcome To Collinwood? The Hudsucker Proxy?
WELCOME TO COLLINWOOD
6. Drive was released in which year? 2009? 2011? 2012?
7. The following quote is from which film, “I have reordered time. I have turned the world upside down and I have done it all for you. I am exhausted from living up to your expectations”? Alice Through The Looking Glass? Blade Runner? Labyrinth?
8. Robert Zemeckis directed how many motion capture releases? 2? 3? 4?
THREE (The Polar Express, Beowulf, A Christmas Carol)
9. Edward Norton and Naomi Watts appeared in which romantic drama, set in 1920’s China? The Painted Veil? The Lotus And The Lilly? Tears Of The Swan?
THE PAINTED VEIL
10. Jimmy Stewart’s middle name was Maitland. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Guardians Of The Galaxy / American Hustle / 10 Cloverfield Lane / The Hangover Part II
Poster: The Place Beyond The Pines
Actor: Bradley Cooper