[04 December 2016]
Forrest Trump.. With Sexy Results
Genre – An idiot boy with a weird haircut finds himself inexplicably in the White House
Toy Story 4: Andy’s Mum’s Toys
Genre – This isn’t the Woody and Buzz that you’re familiar with
That Thing You Dune
Genre – Tom Hanks manages an upcoming pop band on a war-torn desert planet
Tom Wanks: Big Splash In Philadelphia
Genre – Obscene mash-up of early Hanks movies
Tom Wanks In The Money Shot
Genre – Woody’s Back
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Retired, Extremely Dangerous starring Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman and Helen Mirren was abbreviated to what title?
2. Gandhi was filmed in the United Kingdom and what other country?
3. In Disney’s animated Robin Hood, what animal is Little John?
4. Which actor has quoted the following lines: “If it bleeds, we can kill it”, “I’m a cybernetic organism, living tissue over a metal endoskeleton” and “I’m not a pervert I was just looking for a turbo man doll”?
5. What colour is Sally, voiced by Bonnie Hunt, in Cars?
6. Which film starred Johnny Depp investigating the Jack The Ripper case?
7. Who directed The Usual Suspects?
8. Which ballet is the central focus of Black Swan?
9. Who starred in Avatar, Clash Of The Titans, Terminator Salvation and Somersault?
10. Which movie had the following poster tagline: “Axel Foley’s Back.. Where He Doesn’t Belong”?
BEVERLY HILLS COP II
ROUND II: Filming [Tom Hanks Special]
1. Which character does Tom Hanks voice in the Toy Story franchise? Buzz? Woody? Mr Potato Head?
2. How many astronauts are stranded on Apollo 13, in the film of the same name? 3? 4? 5?
3. Tom Hanks appeared in which film with Mary Steenburgen, Antonio Banderas and Bradley Whitford? Philadelphia? Forrest Gump? Got Mail?
4. Which of the following adaptations of Dan Brown novels has Tom Hanks not featured in? Inferno? Angels & Demons? The Lost Symbol?
THE LOST SYMBOL
5. Big was released in which year? 1985? 1988? 1991?
6. The Polar Express is set in which decade? 1920s? 1950s? 1980s?
7. The beginning of Saving Private Ryan is set on which codenamed beach? Omaha? Utah? Sword?
8. What is the name of the Native American prisoner executed at the start of The Green Mile? Brutus Howell? William Wharton? Arlen Bitterbuck?
9. In Sleepless In Seattle, Annie Reed is a reporter for which paper? Boston Herald? Barstow Times? Baltimore Sun?
10. Hanks’ perfectly timed single droplet of sweat when talking to Jude Law’s character in Road To Perdition cost the production crew $1,000 to rig up a device in his hat to release a plausible amount of liquid. True or False?
FALSE (it’s Tom Hanks’ real sweat)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. The following quote is from which 1969 film, “I only get carsick on boats”?
2. Which department of the LAPD does Jake Hoyt work for in Training Day?
3. How old is Jesse in Free Willy?
4. Rocky was released in which year?
5. How many Transporter films have been made to date?
FOUR (Transporter 1-3 and The Transporter Refuelled)
6. Which film starred Alec Baldwin, Jude Law, Willem Dafoe, Kate Beckinsale and Leonardo DiCaprio?
7. What vegetable does Mark Watney grow on Mars in The Martian?
8. Bryan Mills is the lead character in which franchise?
9. Who directed Ex Machina?
10. Who composed the score for Men In Black?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What was the name of Kurt Russell’s character in Big Trouble In Little China? John Ruth? R.J. Macready? Jack Burton?
2. Bruce Cabot, Robert Armstrong and Fay Wray appeared in which 30’s film? Dracula? King Kong? The Bowery?
3. David Lynch’s Dune was released in which year? 1981? 1984? 1989?
4. How many characters feature on the poster for Bad Boys? 2? 3? 4?
THREE (Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Tea Leoni)
5. Which of the following did not feature in Starter For 10? Catherine Tate? Benedict Cumberbatch? Hayley Atwell?
6. At the start of The Karate Kid, Daniel LaRusso moves from New Jersey to which state? California? Michigan? Texas?
7. Cloud Atlas is split between how many time periods? 4? 6? 8?
SIX (Pacific Islands, Edinburgh, San Francisco, London, Neo Seoul, Big Isle)
8. Total Recall was nominated for three Oscars. How many did it win? 0? 1? 2?
ONE (Best Visual Effects)
9. The following quote is from which film, “You’ve changed, Bilbo Baggins. You’re not the same Hobbit as the one who left the Shire”? The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey? The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug? The Hobbit: Battle Of The Five Armies?
THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG
10. Co-stars of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Tom Wilkinson and Diana Hardcastle are married in real life. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: The World’s End / The Force Awakens / Star Trek Beyond / Chronicle Of Narnia: Voyage Of The Dawn Treader
Poster: Mission Impossible III
Actor: Simon Pegg