[25 September 2016]
Freaky Vice Friday Versa
Genre – They all take it in turns going to work and playing in a band
Miami Vice Versa.. With Sexy Results
Genre – Judge Reinhold swaps bodies with both Jamie Foxx and Colin Farrell to bust a Colombian chocolate cartel
Genre – The Olsen twins swap bodies and nobody notices in this ultra-low budget sequel
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the NASA mission detailed in Ron Howard’s Apollo 13?
2. Which actor played the role of Ace Ventura in Pet Detective and Nature Calls?
3. Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith starred together in which franchise?
MEN IN BLACK
4. What is the title of the third Fast And Furious film?
FAST AND FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT
5. In Speed, the bomb is activated once the bus accelerates to what speed?
6. The following songs are from which film, One Jump Ahead, Friend Like Me and Prince Ali?
7. What were the titles of the two major asteroid collision blockbusters released in 1998? (one point per correct answer)
DEEP IMPACT / AMRAGEDDON
8. The following quote is from which film, “Fool of a Took!”?
THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RINGS
9. How many people are in the line-up in The Usual Suspects?
10. Hans Gruber, Colonel Stuart, Simon Gruber, Thomas Gabriel and Yuri Komarov are villains in which franchise?
ROUND II: Filming [Body Swap Special]
1. What is the title of the 1976 body swap comedy featuring Jodie Foster and Barbara Harris, remade in 2003 with Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan? Scary Sunday? Weird Wednesday? Freaky Friday?
2. Who played the role of Josh Baskin in Big? Tom Hanks? David Moscow? Greg Spinori? (one point per correct answer)
TOM HANKS / DAVID MOSCOW
3. Who directed Face/Off? Ang Lee? John Woo? Stephen Chow?
4. Which two actors switch places in The Change-Up? Patrick Dempsey & James Marsden? Jason Bateman & Ryan Reynolds? Andy Samberg & Chris Pine?
JASON BATEMAN & RYAN REYNOLDS
5. How many adaptations of Jack Finney’s The Body Snatchers have been adapted to date? 2? 3? 4?
FOUR (Invasion Of The Body Snatchers 1956 and 1978, The Body Snatchers 1993, The Invasion 2007)
6. Rob Schneider’s The Hot Chick was made for $34 million. How much did it make at the box office? $54 million? $106 million? $237 million dollars?
FIFTY FOUR MILLION DOLLARS
7. In All Of Me, Steve Martin ends up sharing his body with Lily Tomlin but can only control one half, which half is it? Lower half? Left half? Right half?
LEFT HALF CONTROLLED BY ROGER
8. In Day Watch, Anton is framed for murder and must hide by switching bodies with a shape-shifter named Olga. What animal can Olga change into? Owl? Bear? Fox?
9. Most people attribute the box office failure of John Carpenter’s The Thing to the release of which movie? Alien? ET: The Extra Terrestrial? Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back?
ET: THE EXTRA TERRESTRIAL
10. Vice Versa is one of the few films that had the same crew shoot in three separate US States on the same day. True or False?
TRUE (while filming on an Amtrak train they passed through Illinois, Michigan and Indiana)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. How many people have piloted (excluding co-pilots and the mystery pilot in the Episode 3 cameo) the Millennium Falcon in the Star Wars film?
FIVE (Han Solo, Leia, Lando Calrissian, Rey, Chewie)
2. The following quote is from which film, “Gentlemen, you had my curiosity but now you have my attention”?
3. What is Rambo’s first name?
4. John Hammond, Ian Malcolm and Roland Tembo are characters in which film?
THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK
5. How many James Bond films (eon productions canon) have been released to date?
6. The following quote is from which film, “You dirt eating piece of slime, you scum sucking pig, you son of a motherless goat”?
7. Which Indiana Jones film breaks the narrative flow and takes place before its predecessor?
TEMPLE OF DOOM
8. A Bug’s Life is an adaptation of which movie?
9. If Doctor Strange will be the 14th Marvel movie, what is Guardians Of The Galaxy?
10. How many men perform on stage at the end of The Full Monty?
SIX (Gaz, Dave, Lomper, Gerald, Horse, Guy)
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. How many of Ramona’s evil ex’s must Scott battle in Scott Pilgrim? 6? 8? 10?
EIGHT (including Nega Scott)
2. When Francis Ford Coppola cast Al Pacino in The Godfather, he didn’t realise he couldn’t do which two things? (one point per correct answer) Speak Italian? Drive a car? Tie a neck-tie?
SPEAK ITALIAN / DRIVE A CAR
3. What is the name of the fictional city in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Vulgaria? Latveria? Robania?
4. Which film starred Keanu Reeves, Forrest Whitaker, Chris Evans and Hugh Laurie? Pride & Glory? Street Kings? Dark Blue?
5. How long is Jaws in the film of the same name? 15ft? 25ft? 35ft?
TWENTY FIVE FEET
6. What is the name of the leader of the lycans in Underworld, played by Michael Sheen? Lucius? Luke? Lucian?
7. How many of the 45 passengers survive until the end of the movie in Alive? 4? 11? 16?
8. Which Wes Anderson has grossed the most at the box office? Fantastic Mr Fox? The Grand Budapest Hotel? The Royal Tenenbaums?
THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL ($174million – Grand Budapest Hotel, $71million – The Royal Tenenbaums, $46million – Fantastic Mr Fox)
9. Which Resident Evil film introduced the character Claire Redfield? Resident Evil: Extinction? Resident Evil: Retribution? Resident Evil: Apocalypse?
10. In Pretty Woman, Edward takes Vivian to see the opera La Traviata which is about a prostitute falling in love with a wealthy man. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides / Into The Woods / Ed Wood
Poster: What’s Eating Gilbert Grape
Actor: Johnny Depp