[28 August 2016]
No Chocolate: No Name
Genre – Bank holiday/writer’s strike
Flame Of Stoves
Genre – The cast build a camp fire and tell stories around it
The Greyjoy Of Sex
Genre – Dour boatpeople show their dreary sexual positions
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. In which film does Matt Damon play an astronaut stranded on the planet Mars?
2. Boris Karloff famously played many monstrous roles, which one had him made-up with a flat top, green skin and neck bolts?
THE MONSTER / FRANKENSTEIN’S MONSTER
3. The character Jar Jar Binks first appeared in which film?
STAR WARS – EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM MENACE
4. The character Crocodile Dundee comes to America from which country?
5. Who directed and starred in Zoolander?
6. Peeta Mellark and Gale Hawthorne are the two male characters vying for the attention of the lead in which dystopian franchise?
THE HUNGER GAMES
7. Which actor plays the villain, The Deacon, in Waterworld?
8. According to the Indiana Jones films, Indy has a fear of what?
9. Groundhog Day was releasaed in which year?
10. What is the name of the Candelabra in Beauty And The Beast?
ROUND II: Filming [Overboard Special]
1. [Peter Dinklage] In X-Men: Days Of Future Past which character is sent back to the 1970’s to avert an apocalyptic future? Shadowcat? ? Wolverine? Professor Charles Xavier?
2. [Charles Dance] Which Alien film was directed by David Fincher? Alien? Aliens? Alien 3?
3. [Lena Heady] What is the name of the drug in Dredd? Slo-Mo? Hyper Speed? Flux?
4. [Nikolaj Coster-Waldau] Black Hawk Down is set during which military conflict? Battle of Fallujah? Battle of Mogadishu? Operation Kheibar?
BATTLE OF MOGADISHU
5. [Liam Cunningham] What is the name of Michael Fassbender’s character in Steve McQueen’s Hunger? Gerry Conlon? Paddy Armstrong? Bobby Sands?
6. [Diana Rigg] Where does On Her Majesty’s Secret Service come in the Eon Bond canon? 5th? 6th? 7th?
7. [Sean Bean] Which of the following did not appear in 1998’s Ronin? Stellan Skarsgard? Clive Owen? Jean Reno?
8. [Jonathan Pryce] Director Alan Parker wrote the screenplay for Evita with which other director? M Night Shyamalan? Terry Gilliam? Oliver Stone?
9. [Jason Momoa] Which of the following is not a quote from Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice? You can call me whatever you like, take a bucket of piss and call it Granny’s Peach Tea? While I ate my hero cake their horses were drowning. I used to hear them wailing in my sleep? You have abandoned the principles that bound us together, you’ve taken up the sword against your own people?
YOU HAVE ABANDONED THE PRINCIPLES THAT BOUND US TOGETHER, YOU’VE TAKEN UP THE SWORD AGAINST YOUR OWN PEOPLE
10. [Rory McCann] Angelina Jolie played Colin Farrel’s mother in Alexander despite being one year younger than him. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Finish the following quote, “It’s anchor man not anchor lady.”
AND THAT IS A SCIENTIFIC FACT
2. In The Woodsman, Kevin Bacon plays Walter, a man who is released from prison after twelve years for what crime?
3. “A homespun murder story” is the poster tagline for which film?
4. In what year was the Jackie Chan Hong Kong film Police Story released?
5. Which actor played the roles of Davy Jones, Friedrich Olbricht, Rattlesnake Jake and Slartibartfast?
6. The Conqueror Worm was the American title for which British film starring Vincent Price?
THE WITCHFINDER GENERAL
7. How many films has Sofia Coppola directed?
FIVE (The Virgin Suicides / Lost In Translation / Marie Antoinette / Somewhere / The Bling Ring)
8. Henry Hill, James Conway, Tommy DeVito and Karen Hill are the lead characters in which film?
9. Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory was released in which year?
10. What did Disney animation studios release in between Frozen and Zootopia/Zootropolis?
BIG HERO 6
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the fifth rule of Fight Club? If this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight? One fight at a time? Fights will go on as long as they have to?
ONE FIGHT AT A TIME
2. Which of the following films was not directed by Akira Kurosawa? Floating Weeds? Ran? Dreams?
3. Which of the following did not feature in Philadelphia? Charles Napier? Albert Finney? Antonio Banderas?
4. How old is the character Regan MacNeil in The Exorcist? 10? 12? 14?
TWELVE YEARS OLD
5. The following quote is from which film, “Old age. It’s the only disease, Mr Thompson, that you don’t look forward to being cured of”? Amadeus? Meet Joe Black? Citizen Kane?
6. Who voiced the role of William Clayton in the Disney animated film, Tarzan? Brendan Fraser? John Goodman? Brian Blessed?
7. Which of the following Danny Boyle films has the longest run time? Trainspotting? 28 Days Later? Slumdog Millionaire?
SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE – 120 MINS (Trainspotting 93mins, 28 Days Later 113mins)
8. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “the story of an uncommonly gentle man”? Mr Deeds? Rudy? Edward Scissorhands?
9. What did David Fincher forbid cast members from doing once successfully cast in The Social Network? Rehearsing lines with the other actors to ensure the deliveries felt real? Meeting their real-life counterparts so as not to affect or dilute the performance? Using any social media to get into the mindset of a life before facebook?
MEETING THEIR REAL LIFE COUNTERPARTS
10. Before Charlize Theron was cast in Patty Jenkins’ Monster, Kate Winslet was the original choice for the role of Aileen. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Taxi Driver / Elysium / Carnage
Poster: A Very Long Engagement
Actor: Jodie Foster