[15 August 2016]
Jason Bourne Again
Genre – Matt Damon decides to sing ABBA in church
Genre – Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn board themselves indoors to escape Donald Trump
The Hawn Identity
Genre – Super spy Goldie Hawn is brainwashed into being Kurt Russell’s house slave – her memory returns and she brutally murders him over 30 minutes
Genre – A team that can’t remember a thing
Hawn Of The Dead
Genre – From infected Botox, Goldie Hawn becomes a zombie and goes on a rampage
Genre – That’s the boat in Overboard you know
Iceberg Straight Ahead!
Genre – Tragedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of Elwood Dowd’s invisible friend in Harvey?
2. What is the title of the seventh Star Wars film (Episode VII)?
THE FORCE AWAKENS
3. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “His goal was freedom for India, his strategy was peace, his weapon was humanity”?
4. Who played the role of Superman in Superman I-IV?
5. What type of animal is Manfred ‘Manny’ in Ice Age?
6. The Simpsons Movie was released in which year?
7. What is the subtitle of Die Hard 2?
8. Basil Rathbone and Robert Downey Jr have both played which character?
9. Who directed Crimson Tide, Man On Fire and Top Gun?
10. The following quote is from which animated film, “phenomenal cosmic power, itty-bitty living space”?
ROUND II: Filming [Overboard Special]
1. Overboard was released in which year? 1982? 1987? 1994?
2. Dean has four sons, which of the following is not one of them? Hank? Travis? Greg?
HANK (Travis, Charlie, Greg, Joey)
3. Who plays the role of Andrew the butler? Spencer Tracy? Art Carney? Roddy McDowall?
4. How does Dean convince the hospital staff that he’s married to the loud and demanding Joanna without documentation? Describes a birthmark? Lists the clothes she was wearing when she went missing? Bluffs by saying, “Fine, you keep her then”?
DESCRIBES A BIRTHMARK
5. What is the response to the following quote, “What could I possibly give you, ever, that you don’t already have?” A little girl? A challenge? Happiness?
A LITTLE GIRL
6. What is the name of the yacht in Overboard? SS Splendida? SS Immaculata? SS Lusso?
7. Who composed the score for Overboard? Alan Silvestri? Bill Conti? Miles Goodman?
8. Dean’s closet is rejected when he uses oak instead of which type of wood? Beach? Pine? Cedar?
9. Overboard was distributed by which studio? MGM? Warner Bros? Columbia Pictures?
10. This is the third and last movie to date that Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell have appeared together in. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Tim Rice, Elton John and Hans Zimmer worked on which two films? (one point per correct answer)
THE LION KING / ROAD TO EL DORADO
2. The following actors appeared in which film: Kirsten Dunst, Tommy Lee Jones, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Ernest Borgnine?
3. The Ludovico Technique is an aversion therapy that appears in which film?
A CLOCKWORK ORANGE
4. How many times has Kurt Russell worked with John Carpenter (excluding their first collaboration, Elvis)?
FOUR (Escape From New York, The Thing, Big Trouble In Little China, Escape From LA)
5. In Zhang Yimou’s 2002 release, Hero, colour schemes are used to illustrate character perspectives retelling the same story. Which four colours are used? (one point per correct answer)
RED / BLUE / GREEN / WHITE
6. Bruce Bogtrotter, Jennifer Honey, Harry Wormwood and Agatha Trunchbull are characters in which film?
7. Who appeared in The Lady From Shanghai, Waterloo and Transformers The Movie?
8. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Someone has taken their love of sequels one step too far”?
9. What is the name of the dwarvish goblin that helps Sarah in Labyrinth?
10. Disney’s The Hunchback Of Notre Dame was released in which year?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The following is a quote from which film, “You clean up the dirt, there’s just more dirt to clean up tomorrow. Make the beds, they just have to be made tomorrow. Wash the dishes, more to wash tomorrow. Make dinner, it gets eaten, doesn’t it? The world keeps growing and you feed it but it doesn’t feed you, does it? But how much can you take before you snap?”? Easy Rider? The Shining? The Witches Of Eastwick?
THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK
2. What type of fish is Gill, voiced by Willem Dafoe, in Finding Nemo? Moorish Idol? Regal Tang? Longnose Butterflyfish?
3. What is the name of the bad guy, who goes by the alias Ajax, in Deadpool? David? Francis? Tyler?
4. The smuggled West German typewriter in The Lives Of Others prints what colour ink? Blue? Brown? Red?
5. What team does Paul Ashworth support in Fever Pitch? Chelsea? Arsenal? Manchester United?
6. What is the name of the dance club in Save The Last Dance? Stepps? Beatz? Groov?
7. What is the name of the group in RockNRolla, made up of One-Two, Mumbles and Handsome Bob? The Wild Bunch? The Diamond Geezers? The Three Amigos?
THE WILD BUNCH
8. Which of the following methods does Brewster not use to get rid of the $30 million given to him, in Brewster’s Millions? Buys the Bronx zoo? Runs for Mayor of New York City? Rents a suite at the Plaza Hotel?
BUYS THE BRONX ZOO
9. The titular mountain from Brokeback Mountain is in which US State? Colorado? Wyoming? Texas?
10. A Blackadder movie called Blackadder’s Finest Hour was shot in 1996 but unreleased so as not to clash with Bean The Ultimate Disaster Movie. When reassessed, the film was dubbed inadequate and all copies destroyed. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Sexy Beast / Schindler’s List / Ender’s Game
Actor: Ben Kingsley