[03 July 2016]
The Assassination Of The Blues Brothers On Stranger Tides
Genre – ’nuff said
Genre – Terrifying Japanese horror where a cursed audio tape causes the cranky Liverpudlian to crawl from your speakers when played
Genre – Sci-fi thriller where tourists get trapped in a theme park full of out of control robotic Kanye Wests
Genre – In the elusive middle eastern underground dance scene, access is only granted to those with the ‘code word’ (up!)
Playing The Losing Spoons
Genre – An original origin story of the original spoon players
Jumpin’ Captain Jack Flash
Genre – Keith Richards discovers his illegitimate child aboard a pirate ship
Genre – Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Eminem and RZA try and pull off a jewel heist but one of the crew is an undercover cop
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Ridley Scott’s A Good Year was an adaptation of which novel?
A GOOD YEAR
2. Maleficent is a prequel/remake of which Disney animated film?
3. What was the subtitle of Star Wars: Episode II?
ATTACK OF THE CLONES
4. How many Blade films have been released to date?
5. Shaun Of The Dead is set in which city?
6. Who directed The Adventures Of Tintin?
7. The Road Warrior, Beyond Thunderdome and Fury Road are subtitles of instalments in which franchise?
8. Which John Wayne film was remade by the Coen Brothers?
9. Who stars in the lead role in the 1980 film, Private Benjamin?
10. Michael Corleone, Tony Montana and Frank Serpico were all played by which actor?
ROUND II: Filming [Musician Cameos]
1. Which member of The Rolling Stones cameoed in Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World’s End? Mick Jagger? Keith Richards? Ronnie Wood?
2. In Men In Black 2, Michael Jackson makes a cameo as one of the agents. What is his character’s name? M? J? B?
3. Where does Robbie Hart end up meeting Billy Idol in The Wedding Singer? A karaoke bar? A plane’s first class section? The men’s toilets at a baseball game?
A PLANE’S FIRST CLASS SECTION
4. Which musician cameoed as Elvis Presley in Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story? Jack White? Dave Grohl? Kanye West?
5. Which band wrote the theme song and cameoed in Back To The Future? Huey Lewis And The News? Echo & The Bunnymen? Blondie?
HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS
6. Which actress does Gwen Stefani portray in The Aviator? Mae West? Fay Wray? Jean Harlow?
7. Who judges the pre-runway party walk off in Zoolander? Phil Collins? David Bowie? Paul McCartney?
8. Bruce Springsteen cameoed in which John Cusack film? Grosse Point Blank? High Fidelity? Being John Malkovich?
9. Which of the following did not cameo in Crank: High Voltage? Chester Bennington (Linkin Park)? James Maynard Keenan (Tool)? Fred Durst (Limp Bizkit)?
FRED DURST (LIMP BIZKIT)
10. Alanis Morissette plays God in Dogma but she was originally cast in the lead role. True or False?
TRUE (she had to pull out because of a 1998-99 world tour)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which 2009 film starred Marion Cotillard, Penelope Cruz, Judi Dench, Nicole Kidman and Sophia Loren?
2. What did Jared Hess direct after Napoleon Dynamite?
3. Who plays the lead role in each Resident Evil film?
4. The Iron Lady is told in flashback but set in which year?
5. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is set in which country?
6. The following quote is from which film, “Once you’re a parent, you’re the ghost of your children’s future”?
7. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Somewhere under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy”?
THE LITTLE MERMAID
8. Anastasia Steele is the lead character in which film?
FIFTY SHADES OF GREY
9. Who plays Vitaly Orlov, the younger brother of Yuri Orlov (Nicolas Cage), in Lord Of War?
10. What is the name of Ryan Gosling’s character in Drive?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What was the name of the main villain in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie? Master Vile? Ivan Ooze? Scorpina?
2. Who appeared in Sullivan’s Travels, This Gun For Hire, The Blue Dahlia and I Married A Witch? Veronica Lake? Ava Gardner? Mary Astor?
3. What is the nickname for British Intelligence in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy? The Board? The Club? The Circus?
4. Who played the role of Tars Tarkas in Andrew Stanton’s John Carter? Hugh Laurie? Willem Dafoe? Michael Keaton?
5. The Grey was released in which year? 2009? 2010? 2011?
6. What is the title of the film in which Tobey Maguire and Reese Witherspoon are transported into a 50’s TV show? Pleasantville? Meet The Parkers? A Life In Black And White?
7. Which of the following was not directed by George Clooney? The Ides Of March? Leatherheads? The American?
8. The following quote is from which film, “Isn’t it enough that you’ve gathered every other man’s heart today? You’ve always had mine; you cut your teeth on it”? An Affair To Remember? From Here To Eternity? Gone With The Wind?
GONE WITH THE WIND
9. Who played the lead role in 2009 subversive science fiction Cold Souls? Paul Giamatti? Kevin Spacey? Ryan Reynolds?
10. Every film starring Mel Gibson has to feature a dog as part of the actor’s contract. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Alien / Ghostbusters II / Avatar
Actor: Sigourney Weaver