[10 April 2016]
Chilled Out Row-Bots
Genre – Sarah and John infiltrate Cyberdyne systems and turn all of the cyborgs into nature loving environmentalists who like rowing
Genre – In the future, brutal robotic efficiency enables noiseless lovemaking
Genre – They thought they were intelligent, they were wrong
Genre – Jaegars on jaegerbombs discover the meaning of love, from the director of Love, Actually
Give Me Nuts
Genre – Unclassified
Genre – Truman Burbank, Ace Ventura, Lloyd Christmas, The Grinch and others are programmed to fight giant monsters under the sea
Genre – ….
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Wimbledon, starring Paul Bettany and Kirsten Dunst, is a romantic comedy that focuses on which sport?
2. The Hunger Games franchise is made up of how many instalments?
3. Which superhero is the name focus in Zack Snyder’s Man Of Steel?
4. Who directed Avatar, The Terminator and The Abyss?
5. What is the name of the villain in Disney’s Aladdin?
6. Who plays the role of Batman in Batman Begins?
7. Finish the following quote, “Houston, we…”
HAVE A PROBLEM
8. What subject does Elle study at Harvard in Legally Blonde?
9. What is the subtitle of Speed 2?
10. Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman play prisoners in which 1994 film?
THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
ROUND II: Filming [Films With Robots special]
1. Which of the following Pixar films is about a robot? Ratatouille? A Bug’s Life? Wall-E?
2. Which comic actor starred as the robot Andrew, in Bicentennial Man? Robin Williams? Mike Myers? Steve Martin?
3. What is the serial number of the SAINT unit which gains sentience after being struck by lightning (sort of), in Short Circuit? 5? CC01? 3.14159?
4. Which of the following autobots does not feature in the first Transformers film? Ironhide? Ratchet? Sideswipe?
5. What colour are Sonny’s eyes, making him distinguishable from the other robots, in I, Robot? Blue? Green? Yellow?
6. The Iron Giant is set in which decade? 1930’s? 1940’s? 1950′?
7. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Humanity’s last hope isn’t human”? Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines? Inspector Gadget? Chappie?
8. Blade Runner is set in which year? 2017? 2019? 2021?
9. Caleb, Nathan and Ava are characters in which film? A.I. Artificial Intelligence? Ex Machina? Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow?
10. 1973’s Westworld was directed by author Michael Crichton. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which film starred Colin Firth, Tom Hardy, John Hurt and Benedict Cumberbatch?
TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY
2. Who composed the score for the Lord Of The Rings trilogy?
3. How many times has Keira Knightley worked with director Joe Wright?
THREE (Pride & Prejudice, Atonement, Anna Karenina)
4. The following quote is from which film, “I know who you are Peter Quill and I am not some starry-eyed waif here to succumb to your pelvic sorcery”?
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
5. Slumdog Millionaire was released in which year?
6. The plot of Guy Ritchie’s Snatch centres on which type of stolen jewel?
86 CARAT DIAMOND
7. What is the name of Ben Affleck’s character in Gone Girl?
8. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “The future belongs to the mad”?
MAD MAX: FURY ROAD
9. How many raptors is Owen training in Jurassic World?
FOUR (Blue, Delta, Charlie, Echo)
10. In Disney’s Peter Pan, the lost boy Slightly dresses in a onesie representing which animal?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following actors has starred in the most films (feature films released to date, including cameos and voice work)? Michelle Pfeiffer? Whoopi Goldberg? Jodie Foster?
WHOOPI GOLDBERG (Goldberg 63, Pfeiffer and Foster 42)
2. The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants was released in which year? 2000? 2005? 2010?
3. Which of the following lines is not in Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar? True love lasts a lifetime? I love you forever, you hear me. I love you forever? Love is the one thing we’re capable of perceiving that transcends time and space?
TRUE LOVE LASTS A LIFETIME (from Love, Actually)
4. Leonardo DiCaprio appeared in two films released in 2013, which of the following was not one of them (based on UK release dates)? The Wolf Of Wall Street? The Great Gatsby? Django Unchained?
THE WOLF OF WALL STREET
5. Which song does Rick expressly forbid being played in his club, in Casablanca? We’ll Meet Again? As Time Goes By? Die Wacht Am Rhein?
AS TIME GOES BY
6. What was the original title of Kathryn Bigelow’s Zero Dark Thirty? Manhunt? Black Site? For God And Country?
FOR GOD AND COUNTRY
7. In Enter The Dragon, how often does Han hold his martial arts tournament to expand his criminal business? Every year? Every 3 years? Every 5 years?
EVERY THREE YEARS
8. Which Star Trek film was directed by William Shatner? Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country? Star Trek V: The Final Frontier? Star Trek III: The Search For Spock?
STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER
9. Who played the role of Allison in The Breakfast Club? Jennifer Grey? Ally Sheedy? Molly Ringwald?
10. Of the original trilogy, the AT-AT walker only features in The Empire Strikes Back. True or False?
FALSE (also Return Of The Jedi)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Independence Day / The Grand Budapest Hotel / The Prince Of Egypt
Poster: Annie Hall
Actor: Jeff Goldblum