[14 February 2016]
Genre – High skates fishmongery on Wall Street
Q.W.A: Quizzas With Attitude
Genre – In the illicit underground street quiz scene tensions reach boiling point over who should win the best team name
Aporkalips Now: The David Cameron Story
Genre – Erotic political thriller
Straight Outta Hellesdon
Genre – Dr Dre-ton meets and treats the future NWA (Norwich With Amithryptyline)
Kanye West Side Story
Genre – A battle between two gangs, those who like Amber Rose’s finger and those who don’t
Straight Outta Brampton
Genre – The people that put the c on rap
Quizlander No. 2
Genre – It’s about being really, really, really, ridiculously smart
North By Kanye West
Genre – Kanye and his daughter are mistaken for foreign spies and chased from gigs to fashion shows
The Ghostface Quizzahs
Genre – Ain’t notin’ to quiz wit’
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Shakespeare In Love is the story of which British playwright?
2. The Hangover, Hot Fuzz, Dumb & Dumber and Meet The Parents are all part of which genre?
3. What colour is the Hulk’s skin in The Avengers?
4. What was the title of the fourth Alien film?
5. The animated film Treasure Planet was produced by which studio?
6. Which franchise starred Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones as agents monitoring alien activity on Earth?
MEN IN BLACK
7. What was the title of the sequel to Clash Of The Titans?
WRATH OF THE TITANS
8. Who starred in the lead role in The Big Lebowski?
9. Who are the two villains in Batman Forever? (one point per correct answer)
TWO FACE / THE RIDDLER
10. The Count Of Monte Cristo predominantly takes place in which country?
ROUND II: Filming [Hip Hop Cameos special]
1. DMX: Romeo Must Die is an action film featuring which Asian martial artist? Jackie Chan? Jet Li? Tony Jaa?
2. Vanilla Ice: What is the subtitle of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II? The Secret Of The Ooze? Shell Shocked? The Return Of The Shredder?
THE SECRET OF THE OOZE
3. RZA: Ghost Dog: The Way Of The Samurai, starring Forrest Whitaker was released in which year? 1997? 1999? 2002?
4. Lil Kim: The following quote is from which film, “Give her the right look, the right boyfriend and bam, in six weeks she’s being named prom queen”? She’s All That? Not Another Teen Movie? 10 Things I Hate About You?
SHE’S ALL THAT
5. Snoop Dogg: Who does Detective Alonzo Harris owe money to in Training Day? Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13s)? The Crips? The Russian Mafia?
6. The voice of which hip-hop artist featured in The Rugrats Movie? Grandmaster Flash? Jay-Z? Busta Rhymes?
7. Eminem: The ricin-laced transdermal strip to poison Kim Jong-un, in The Interview, is hidden in what? Chewing gum? A pack of cigarettes? A radio mic?
8. Method Man: Which film starred Sylvester Stallone, Harvey Keitel, Ray Liotta, Robert De Niro and Method Man? Wise Guys? Bad Lieutenant? Cop Land?
9. GZA: Coffee And Cigarettes is made up of how many short sketches? 11? 13? 16?
10. Ice-T: The chase between Ice-T and Chris Rock in New Jack City was originally written as a car chase but as neither Ice-T or Chris Rock could drive, they had to change it to chasing a bicycle on foot. True or False?
FALSE (the film ran over budget)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Finish the following quote from The Sound Of Music, “Doe, a deer, a female deer. Ray, a drop of golden sun”
ME, A NAME I CALL MYSELF
2. Which actor has played Heathcliff, Ramses II, Hades and Charles Dickens?
3. What was the title of the sequel to The Fugitive?
4. Who starred in A Knight’s Tale, A Beautiful Mind, The Da Vinci Code, Iron Man 2 and Legion?
5. How many gang members are directly responsible for the death of Eric Draven and Shelly Webster in The Crow?
FOUR (T-Bird, Tin Tin, Funboy, Skank)
6. What did the Coen brothers direct in between No Country For Old Men and A Serious Man?
BURN AFTER READING
7. Which 1991 film featured John Candy, Donald Sutherland, Jack Lemmon, Gary Oldman, Joe Pesci, Tommy Lee Jones, Martin Sheen and Kevin Costner?
8. What is the name of Princess Leia’s homeworld, which is destroyed, in Star Wars?
9. How many years passed between the release of Elizabeth and Elizabeth: The Golden Age, both starring Cate Blanchett?
10. The following quote is from which film, “Everything is different but the same. Things are more moderner than before. Bigger and yet smaller. It’s computers. San Dimas High School football rules”?
BILL & TED’S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The Screen Actors Guild started their award ceremony in which year? 1947? 1972? 1995?
2. What is the subtitle of the 3rd Police Academy film? Back In Training? Assignment Miami Beach? Citizens On Patrol?
BACK IN TRAINING
3. Who directed the French film Angel-A? Jean-Pierre Dardenne? Bertrand Tavernier? Luc Besson?
4. Monsoon Wedding, The Darjeeling Limited and Octopussy were all filmed in which country? India? Pakistan? Bangladesh?
5. Which Guillermo Del Toro film takes place in an orphanage during the Spanish Civil War? Pan’s Labyrinth? The Devil’s Backbone? Cronos?
THE DEVIL’S BACKBONE
6. Who directed Ace Ventura, The Nutty Professor, Liar Liar, Patch Adams and Bruce Almighty? Jonathan Lynn? Peter Segal? Tom Shadyac?
7. Why are both the Russians and Americans searching for the submarine captained by Marko Ramius in The Hunt For The Red October? He plans on attacking America? He plans to defect? The man claiming to be Ramius is an imposter?
HE PLANS TO DEFECT
8. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “It was the Deltas against the rules.. the rules lost”? Old School? Animal House? Bad Neighbours?
9. What is the name of the portal generating device that Kevin mistakes for a synthesiser in 1987’s Masters Of The Universe? The Cosmic Key? The Gate Drive? The Thenorian Saxaboom?
10. With a budget of $150 million, Mission Impossible 3 is the most expensive feature film directorial debut. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me / The Cat In The Hat / Inglourious Basterds
Poster: The Love Guru
Actor: Mike Myers