[20 December 2015]
Johnny Depp-ending On Your Point Of View
Genre – Surreal drama
Fear And Loathing In Chapelfield
Genre – Johnny Depp goes last minute Christmas shopping and has a bad acid trip outside Clas Ohlsen
Festive Cheer And Loving In Las Vegas
Genre – Instead of a drug binge, Hunter S Thompson just sings some carols and that
Depp The Halls
Genre – Christmas horror comedy in which Johnny Depp decorates his house with Holly (Hunter)
Genre – Google it
Fucking A Corpse Bride: Necrophilia Is Dead Exciting
Genre – A festive tale for the kids – stop dead animation at its best
The Jolly Stormtroopers
Genre – A long time ago in a galaxy far far away
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation takes place during which holiday?
2. What type of transport is The Polar Express in the film of the same name?
3. In Home Alone 2 Kevin finds himself in which city?
NEW YORK CITY
4. Scrooged is an adaptation of which short story?
A CHRISTMAS CAROL
5. Who plays the role of Scott Calvin/Santa in The Santa Clause?
6. Which Monty Python film features a nativity scene?
LIFE OF BRIAN
7. How many Nativity films have been made to date (the first being a Martin Freeman comedy released in 2009)?
THREE (Danger In The Manger starring David Tennant and Dude, Where’s My Donkey starring Martin Clunes)
8. Elf was released in which year?
9. Along with Max Shreck, which two characters are the lead villains in Batman Returns?
PENGUIN / CATWOMAN
10. Which film is the story of two Irish hitmen hiding in Belgium after an assassination job goes wrong?
ROUND II: Filming [Johnny Depp special]
1. The following is a quote from which film, “A drug person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth but nobody should be asked to handle this trip”? Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas? Blow? The Rum Diary?
FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS
2. What was the first film Depp and Tim Burton worked on? Edward Scissorhands? Ed Wood? Benny & Joon?
3. How many children win tickets in Charlie And The Chocolate Factory? Five? Six? Seven?
4. What was the title of cinematographer Wally Pfister’s directorial debut? Transcendence? Into The Woods? Mortdecai?
5. What was the name of Depp’s character in From Hell? William Gull? Peter Godley? Frank Aberline?
6. The settlers in Sleepy Hollow originated from which European country? Germany? Belgium? Netherlands?
7. Jack Sparrow’s debt with Davy Jones in Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest is to be paid off if Jack can produce how many souls? 50 100? 200?
8. Depp’s debut was A Nightmare On Elm Street but he cameoed in one of the sequels. Which one? Dream Warriors? Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare? Freddy’s Revenge?
FREDDY’S DEAD: THE FINAL NIGHTMARE
9. Which of the following did not appear in Cry Baby? Willem Dafoe? Iggy Pop? Alfred Molina?
10. In Donnie Brasco, Al Pacino’s character has a pet tiger as a reference to his character in Scarface. True or False?
FALSE (it was a lion)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which Christmas film stars Kevin Spacey, Rachel Weisz, Paul Giamatti and Vince Vaughn?
2. Which Muppet character plays the role of Scrooge’s schoolmaster in The Muppets Christmas Carol?
3. What is the title of the Christmas film directed by Ron Howard?
THE GRINCH / HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS
4. How many CIA agents are assigned by Conklin to take down Jason Bourne in The Bourne Identity?
5. The following quote is from which film, “Oh McClane. John McClane. The policeman hero who saved the Nakatomi hostages. I read about you in People Magazine. You seemed a bit out of your league on Nightline, I thought”?
DIE HARD 2
6. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Cute, clever, mischievous, intelligent, dangerous”?
7. How many roles did Jim Carrey play in Robert Zemeckis’ animated motion capture adaptation of A Christmas Carol?
FOUR (Scrooge and the three ghosts)
8. How many Lethal Weapon films are set at Christmas?
9. Who directed A Nightmare Before Christmas?
10. In the 1994 remake of Miracle On 34th Street, Susan asks Kris Kringle for three things for Christmas. What are they? (one point per correct answer)
A FATHER / A HOUSE / A BABY BROTHER
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. If Ant-Man is the twelfth instalment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, what is Iron Man 3? 7th? 8th? 9th?
2. Sleepless In Seattle starts on Christmas Eve but ends on which day? New Year’s Eve? Valentine’s Day? Christmas Day?
3. The song White Christmas was written for which film? Holiday Inn? 3 Godfathers? Meet Me In St Louis?
4. Brazil was released in which year? 1985? 1988? 1991?
5. In Eyes Wide Shut, Bill hears about the orgy party from Nick Nightingale, who has been hired to play what instrument? Piano? Double Bass? Drums?
6. What is the name of the elf played by Dudley Moore in Santa Claus: The Movie? Bernard? Buddy? Patch?
7. Who directed It’s A Wonderful Life? Michael Curtiz? Frank Capra? George Seaton?
8. At the start of Rare Exports, the digging crew are given instructions including No Smoking, No Cursing, etc. How many points are listed? Six? Seven? Eight?
9. The opening narration of Love, Actually is provided by which actor? Liam Neeson? Hugh Grant? Alan Rickman?
10. The director of 1983’s A Christmas Story also directed 1974’s Black Christmas. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: The Incredibles / O Brother, Where Art Thou? / Raising Arizona
Poster: The Piano
Actor: Holly Hunter