[15 March 2015]
Do Androids Dream Of Sexy Sheep?
Genre – Sequel to Blade Runner in which Deckard discovers Rachael’s fetish
Robot & Frankenstein
Genre – Geriatric comedy
Genre – Sorr-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
My Big Fat Happy Chappie
Genre – Binary binge
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. King Arthur is the supposedly more accurate story of which legendary British figure?
2. Braveheart is predominantly set in which two countries?
ENGLAND / SCOTLAND
3. How many Toy Story films have been made to date?
4. Complete the following film title: My Big Fat Greek.
5. Who directed Memento?
6. What is the full title of the second Bourne film?
THE BOURNE SUPREMACY
7. Which film tells the story of Beca, a Barden University student who joins the all-girls singing group, The Bellas?
8. Enemy At The Gates is set during which military conflict?
WORLD WAR II
9. Who starred in Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon and The Big Sleep?
10. Disney’s Cinderella was released in which year?
ROUND II: Filming [Films featuring AI: Artificial Intelligence]
1. What is the name of the autopilot aboard the Axiom, in Wall-E? Auto? Pilot? A113?
2. Short Circuit was released in which year? 1980? 1983? 1986?
3. To identify Sonny’s uniqueness in I, Robot, what colour are his eyes? Green? Blue? Yellow?
4. The Terminator is set in which US city? Los Angeles? San Francisco? Chicago?
5. The following quote is from which film, “Not impossible, inevitable”? The Matrix? The Matrix Reloaded? The Matrix Revolutions?
THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS
6. Who was the cinematographer on Blade Runner? Robert Yeoman? Jordan Cronenweth? Thierry Arbogast?
7. Where does Dr Floyd find the monolith in 2001: A Space Odyssey? The Moon? Mars? Africa?
8. What is the name of the company that fired Flynn, just before the start of Tron? SYTECH? CPM? ENCOM?
9. What is the serial number of the worker that Freder trades places with in Metropolis? 42? 11811? 654321?
10. The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008) was heavily colour graded in blue/green tones to represent Earth’s natural colours. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Marlon Brando, Rod Steiger, Dennis Hopper and Ian Holm (twice) all portrayed which historical figure?
2. The following quote is from which film, “So the only thing connecting us to the case is in the back of your car, which is parked outside”?
LOCK, STOCK & TWO SMOKING BARRELS
3. Beyond The Walls, Beaufort and Waltz With Bashir were all produced by which country?
4. Who played the lead role in 1931’s City Lights?
5. Which of the following segments from Pulp Fiction came first: The Bonnie Situation, Vincent Vega And Marsellus Wallace’s Wife, The Gold Watch?
VINCENT VEGA AND MARSELLUS WALLACE’S WIFE
6. Danish film, The Hunt, starring Mads Mikkelsen is set in which month?
7. On the poster for Trainspotting, what number is attributed to Renton, played by Ewan McGreggor?
8. Which film starred Joel Edgerton, Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte?
9. Forrest Gump won how many of the 13 Oscars it was nominated for?
10. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “The rare film story of a father who must expose his children to a small town’s out-raged passions.. and can only protect them with his love”?
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Before Sunrise is mostly set in Vienna but when Jesse meets Celine on the train, where are they coming from? Budapest? Prague? Zurich?
2. Who starred alongside Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday? William Holden? George Peppard? Gregory Peck?
3. What is the running time of Apocalypse Now (theatrical)? 112mins? 153mins? 196mins?
4. Frank, Cheyenne and Jill are characters in which Sergio Leone film? Once Upon A Time In The West? A Fistful Of Dynamite? The Good, The Bad & The Ugly?
ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
5. In Dr Strangelove, General Ripper believes the Soviets have corrupted United States officials by tampering with what? Livestock? Cigarettes? Water supplies?
6. Who wrote the score for Se7en? Hans Zimmer? Howard Shore? Thomas Newman?
7. In Lawrence Of Arabia, during the first flashback to Lawrence’s life, where is he stationed? Cairo? Jerusalem? Aqaba?
8. What is the name of the character in One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest played by Christopher Lloyd? Martini? Bruce Frederickson? Max Taber?
9. What is James Conway’s (played by Robert De Niro) nickname in Goodfellas? Jimmy Stacks? Jimmy The Gent? Jimmy The Con Man?
JIMMY THE GENT
10. The only film to star husband and wife Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell was 1987’s Overboard. True or False?
FALSE (they also starred together in Swing Shift and The One And Only, Genuine, Original Family Band but weren’t married at the time)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: The Count Of Monte Cristo / The Thin Red Line / The Passion Of The Christ
Poster: Pay It Forward
Actor: Jim Caviezel