[01 March 2015]
The Colour Gradation Of Jesse James By The Coward Roger Deakins
Genre – Western
The Secret Lady Garden
Genre – A trek where men have been before
No Country For Old Hens
Genre – Cutting docu-drama remake of Chicken Run – everyone dies
Beauty And The Beastie Boys
Genre – Fightin’ for their right to party.. all night long with Belle de Jour (Rated PG-13)
Genre – Comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Ridley Scott’s A Good Year was an adaptation of which novel?
A GOOD YEAR
2. Which actor plays Greg’s father-to-be in Meet The Parents?
ROBERT DE NIRO
3. What was the subtitle of Star Wars: Episode II?
ATTACK OF THE CLONES
4. What colour is The Mask’s skin in the film of the same name?
GREEN (arguably Caucasian but his face/head is green)
5. Shaun Of The Dead is set in which city?
6. In Bridesmaids, Annie Walker falls for Nathan Rhodes. What is Nathan’s job?
7. Which 80’s film starred Molly Ringwald, Anthony Michael Hall and Michael Schoeffling?
7. Under The Skin was released in which year?
9. The following quote is from which film, “Locksley, I’m gonna cut your heart out with a spoon”?
ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES
10. White Heat, Yankee Doodle Dandy and The Public Enemy all starred which actor?
ROUND II: Filming [Roger Deakins]
1. Nineteen Eighty-Four was released in which year? 1984? 1985? 1986?
2. Which actor played the title role of Rubin Carter in The Hurricane? Jamie Foxx? Denzel Washington? Terence Howard?
3. Which real-life bank robber do Ulysses, Pete and Delmar encounter in O, Brother Where Art Thou? John Dillinger? Charles Floyd? George Nelson?
4. What type of animal is Jake, the gunslinger in Rango? Rattlesnake? Hawk? Gila Monster?
5. What is the name of the eponymous settlement in The Village? Clearfield? Covington? Sunbury?
6. Who directed The Reader? Stephen Frears? Michael Winterbottom? Stephen Daldry?
7. What is the name of the gamekeeper in Skyfall, played by Albert Finney? Kincade? Kirkwell? Kilbride?
8. Doubt is set in which year? 1957? 1964? 1971?
9. Complete the following quote from Barton Fink, “Look upon me, I’ll show you..” The curse of glory? What we truly fail to understand? The life of the mind?
THE LIFE OF THE MIND
10. Kundun’s director, writer and the writer’s husband were banned from entering Tibet because of the film. True or False?
TRUE (Martin Scorsese, Melissa Mathison and Harrison Ford were added to a list of 50 names)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. How many Disney animated films start with a ‘storybook opening’?
TWELVE (Snow White, Pinocchio, The Adventures Of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book, Sword In The Stone, Robin Hood, Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh, Piglet’s Big Movie, Winnie The Pooh, The Tigger Movie – Beauty And The Beast is stained glass.. doesn’t count)
2. Name a film directed by Rian Johnson.
BRICK / BROTHERS BLOOM / LOOPER (Star Wars 8 and 9 don’t count)
3. Last Man Standing, starring Bruce Willis was a remake of which film?
YOJIMBO / A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS
4. Audrey Hepburn was born in which country?
5. The following films featured which actor, Pretty In Pink, Sex, Lies And Videotape and Lincoln?
6. What payment does Andy request in return for completing Captain Hadley’s tax returns, in The Shawshank Redemption?
7. In The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford, Robert’s deal with the Governor to catch or kill Jesse James has a deadline of how many days?
8. How many Hannibal Lecter movies have been made?
FIVE (Manhunter, Silence Of The Lambs, Hannibal, Red Dragon, Hannibal Rising)
9. Who played the lead role in the poorly received 2000 remake of Get Carter?
10. At the end of After Hours, Paul is trapped in a plaster mould resembling the central character of which famous painting?
EDVARD MUNCH’S THE SCREAM
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the name of the wolf in Dances With Wolves? Two Socks? Fang? Lonestar?
2. What was the title of the 1988 film featuring Michelle Pfeifer, Alec Baldwin, Joan Cusack and Matthew Modine? Oliver & Company? Married To The Mob? Caddyshack II?
MARRIED TO THE MOB
3. Who directed Strange Days, starring Ralph Fiennes, Angela Bassett and Juliette Lewis? Robert Redford? Neil Jordan? Kathryn Bigelow?
4. The Madness Of King George is about which monarch? George III? George IV? George V?
5. Which of the following films did not feature Roberto Benigni? Asterix And Obelix Vs Caesar? Night At The Museum: Battle Of The Smithsonian? To Rome With Love?
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM: BATTLE OF THE SMITHSONIAN
6. To date, how many feature films has Kar Wai Wong directed? 6? 8? 10?
7. Bollywood is a sobriquet for Indian films produced in Mumbai. What is the formally correct name? Hindi cinema? Gujarati cinema? Bengali cinema?
8. How many years passed between the release of The Odd Couple and The Odd Couple II? 20 years? 30 years? 40 years?
9. Which of the following directors has made the most films? Uwe Boll? Clint Eastwood? Woody Allen?
WOODY ALLEN (46) [Eastwood = 34 / Boll = 29]
10. The only single film to win three Academy awards for acting are A Streetcar Named Desire and Zorba The Greek. True or False?
FALSE (A Streetcar Named Desire and Network)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Mr. Smith Goes To Washington / Vertigo / The Flight Of The Phoenix
Actor: James Stewart