[04 January 2015]
Knickers Of Time
Genre – Underwear like a TARDIS
Too Much Fucking Perspective
Genre – A rockumentary
Nick The Knicker-Nicker’s In The Nick
Genre – Nick stole knickers and got slammed in the pokey. A romance
Justin Lin – Star Wrecked
Genre – The tortured making of Justin Lin’s ill-fated Star Trek sequel
The Bitches Of Beast Nick
Genre – Nick Mellish’s dark secrets come to light
Nearly Headless Nick
Genre – Harrowing docu-drama on the British porn industry as they explore a Harry Potter/circumcision themed film starring John Cleese
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What type of mythical creature is Louis in Interview With A Vampire?
2. What type of animal is the central focus of Happy Feet?
3. Who plays the lead role in Coming To America?
4. Who directed Dances With Wolves?
5. What is the first film in Sergio Leone’s dollar trilogy?
A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS
6. The Parr family’s costumes in The Incredibles consist of three colours. Name them. (one point per correct colour)
RED / BLACK / YELLOW (arguably a little white but barely enough to highlight)
7. The 2007 film Once is predominantly set in which country?
8. What instrument does Dewey Finn (Jack Black) play in the school band in School Of Rock?
9. Who played the role of Tony Blair in The Queen?
10. Holly Hunter, Harvey Keitel, Sam Neill and Anna Paquin all appeared in which film?
ROUND II: Filming [Films with people called Nick]
1. Who directed Gone Girl? David Fincher? Michael Bay? Barry Levinson?
2. Which of the following nicknames is not given to Nick (played by Stephen Marcus) in Lock, Stock & Two Smokin’ Barrels? The Greek? The Pig? The Bubble?
3. Who played the role of Nick in The Deer Hunter? Robert De Niro? John Cazale? Christopher Walken?
4. The victim killed at the start of Basic Instinct is Johnny Boz, a retired what? Rock star? Policeman? Journalist?
5. Horrible Bosses was released in which year? 2010? 2011? 2012?
6. What is the name of the band that Nick and Norah are trying to locate in Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist? The Jerk-Offs? The Torah? Where’s Fluffy?
7. What Women Want is set in which US city? Chicago? San Francisco? Boston?
8. What is Sam Rothstein’s (played by Robert De Niro) nickname in Casino? Fingers? Ace? Buddy?
9. What are the names of the two characters played by Lindsay Lohan in The Parent Trap? Susan and Sharon? Penny and Jane? Annie and Hallie?
ANNIE AND HALLIE
10. Samuel L Jackson (as Nick Fury) appears in every Marvel Cinematic Universe film (to date). True or False?
FALSE (He’s not in Guardians Of The Galaxy, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which director wrote the script for the Tony Scott film True Romance?
2. The Kite Runner is set in how many time periods?
THREE (1978/79 – 1988 – 2000)
3. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “The most terrifying motion picture from the terrifying number one bestseller”?
4. James Caan played the role of Paul Sheldon in which 90’s film?
5. What colour is the diamond that Solomon Vandy finds and subsequently hides in Blood Diamond?
6. What are the titles of the two sequels to Before Sunrise? (one point per correct answer)
BEFORE SUNSET / BEFORE MIDNIGHT
7. What is Irwin Fletcher investigating when the executive vice president of Boyd Aviation approaches him with a murder proposition, in Fletch?
8. Joel Barish and Clementine Kruczynski are the lead characters in which film?
ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND
9. How many organ donations does Ruth undergo before ‘completing’ in Never Let Me Go?
10. How old is the title character at the start of Juno?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Who did Margaret Hamilton famously play? The Wicked Witch of the West – The Wizard Of Oz? Blanche DuBois – A Streetcar Named Desire? Melanie Daniels – The Birds?
THE WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST – THE WIZARD OF OZ
2. How composed the music for North By Northwest? John Addison? Bernard Herrmann? Franz Waxman?
3. The following songs are from which musical: Barn Raising, Lonesome Polecat and Spring Spring Spring? Funny Face? Calamity Jane? Seven Brides For Seven Brothers?
SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS
4. How are Charlie and Johnny Boy connected in Mean Streets? Friends? Brothers? Cousins?
5. How many droogs make up Alex’s gang in A Clockwork Orange? Two Three? Four?
THREE (George, Pete and Dim)
6. What is the name of the horse that Lonnegan bets $500,000 on in The Sting? Steely Shaw? Joyous Day? Lucky Dan?
7. 42nd Street was released in which year? 1933? 1943? 1953?
8. The following films all featured which actor: Bringing Up Baby, Arsenic And Old Lace and An Affair To Remember? James Stewart? Cary Grant? Kirk Douglas?
9. Akira Kurosawa was born in which year? 1896? 1902? 1910?
10. Gene Kelly’s iconic dance scene in Singin’ In The Rain was achieved in one take. True or False?
FALSE (although this is a popular myth, the scene took 3 days to film)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Mission: Impossible II / 28 Days Later / The Secret Of Kells
Poster: Gangs Of New York
Actor: Brendan Gleeson