[03 August 2014]
Ernest Fails His CRB Check
Genre – And then dies without fanfare. Starring Jim Varney
Hairy Trotter And The Philosopher’s Touchstone.. With Sexy Results
Genre – Mumblecore science fiction
Touching The Stone
Genre – A tender romantic comedy starring Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and Emma Stone
I’ve Lost My Dentures Whilst Maybe Shitting
Genre – Mystery; a man searches for his dentures, which possibly were lost in the public toilets during a strenuous poo
O Brothers Vincent, Jonno And David, Where Art Thou?
Genre – A vintage absentee comedy
Genre – Disaster Bond film
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. In which film does Jim Carrey play the role of Truman Burbank?
THE TRUMAN SHOW
2. Rashomon, Yojimbo and Tokyo Story were made in which country?
3. What was the title of the sequel to The Fast & The Furious?
2 FAST 2 FURIOUS
4. How many Star Wars films have been made to date?
SIX (excluding any holiday specials or animated Clone Wars films)
5. The following songs are from which film, God Help The Outcasts, Hellfire and The Bells Of Notre Dame?
THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME
6. Who directed Bringing Out The Dead?
7. Which film did Robert Carlisle, Tom Wilkinson and Mark Addy star in, in 1997?
THE FULL MONTY
8. Which actor was nicknamed The Duke?
9. In which film does Samuel L. Jackson play a character who mockingly describes hamburgers as the cornerstone to any nutritious breakfast?
10. When introduced by Carl Denham, what title is given to King Kong?
THE EIGHTH WONDER OF THE WORLD
ROUND II: Filming [Touchstone Pictures]
1. In The Rocketeer, what item does Cliff find and use to become a quasi-hero? Mask? Shield? Jetpack?
2. Who played one of the title roles in Turner & Hooch? Jim Belushi? Tom Hanks? Burt Reynolds?
3. Pretty Woman was released in which year? 1989? 1990? 1991?
4. Three Men And A Little Lady was released how many years after Three Men And A Baby? 3? 4? 5?
THREE (1987 / 1990)
5. Who received top billing in the 1987 film, Stakeout? Richard Dreyfuss? Emilio Estevez? Madeline Stowe?
6. What was the first film to be released under the Touchstone logo? The Colour Of Money? Ernest Goes To Camp? Splash?
7. Which film starred Al Pacino and Colin Farrell? Hart’s War? Pride And Glory? The Recruit?
8. Where do Annie and Bryan go on their honeymoon at the end of Father Of The Bride? France? Egypt? Hawaii?
9. Touchstone Pictures is owned by which parent company? Disney? Sony? MGM?
10. Whilst shooting Lincoln, Spielberg felt out of place in comfortable contemporary clothes so directed in a suit. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What is Sarah Connor’s middle initial, as seen in The Terminator?
2. The Ladykillers was released and remade in which respective years? (one point per correct answer)
1955 / 2004
3. How many films has Dustin Hoffman directed?
4. What is the title of the film in which John Travolta unlocks genius level intellect and telekinetic powers with a brain tumour?
5. The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy opens on which day of the week?
6. The poster for Signs is predominantly which colour?
ORANGE / BROWN / BURNT SIENNA
7. Excluding the upcoming Rampage 2 and In The Name Of The King 3, how many films has Uwe Boll directed?
8. The role of Roman cavalry officer Artorius Castus was played by Clive Owen in which film?
9. The following quote is from which film, “I’m afraid my condition has left me cold to your pleas of mercy”?
BATMAN & ROBIN
10. Mondego, Villefort, Danglars and Jacopo are characters in which film?
THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Oliver Reed, John Malkovich and Kiefer Sutherland have all played which character? Athos? Willy Loman? Charles II?
2. Before Whoopi Goldberg was cast, who was the lead role in Sister Act actually written for? Barbara Streisand? Bette Midler? Meryl Streep?
3. Who plays the role of Grace MacLean, the girl injured at the start of The Horse Whisperer? Jennifer Lawrence? Scarlett Johansson? Amy Adams?
4. Ashamed that her husband is in prison, what does Penny tell her children happened to Ulysses Everett McGill, in O Brother Where Art Thou? He was hit by a train? He drowned? He fell off a barn roof?
HE WAS HIT BY A TRAIN
5. An American Tail, All Dogs Go To Heaven, Anastasia and Titan A.E. were all directed by whom? Don Bluth? Ted Berman? Ron Clements?
6. According to The Prestige, which of the following is the second part of the magic trick? The Prestige? The Pledge? The Turn?
7. Which of the following is not a quote from Team America? You will die a peasant’s death? I don’t know nothing about fancy cars and fancy restaurants? You didn’t kill your brother, it was those walruses?
YOU DIDN’T KILL YOUR BROTHER, IT WAS THOSE WALRUSES
8. In The Prince Of Egypt, which character was voiced by Ralph Fiennes? Rameses II? Seti I? Moses?
9. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Trapped in time, surrounded by evil, low on gas”? Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me? Evil Dead 3: Army Of Darkness? Spy Kids 4: All The Time In The World?
ARMY OF DARKNESS
10. The Burt Reynolds film, Cop And A Half, was originally supposed to be a sequel to Kindergarten Cop. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: The Thin Red Line / Ocean’s Thirteen / The Ides Of March
Poster: The Peacemaker
Actor: George Clooney