[11 May 2014]
Genre – Essex and Croyden battle it out to see who can make the best adaptation of the highest grossing movie of all time
You Had Me At Halal
Genre – UKIP RomCom
The Hungover Games: Snatch On Fire
Genre – A lady wakes up from a heavy night with a hangover and a burning sensation down below – a mystery whodunnit
Is John Carter On This List?
Genre – It should be
Genre – An action adventure: search for an awesome name
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. How many convicts are assigned to Major Reisman in The Dirty Dozen
2. What type of monster is the main antagonist in Dracula?
3. What type of animal was Robin Hood in the 1973 animated film of the same name?
4. Who plays the lead role in Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas?
5. What was Alec Trevelyan’s (played by Sean Bean) MI6 code number in Goldeneye?
6. What was the most recent film directed by Steven Spielberg?
7. What was the title of the first sequel to The Addams Family?
ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES
8. Jurassic Park was produced by which studio?
9. Lock, Stock And Two Smokin’ Barrels, Snatch and Sherlock Holmes were all directed by whom?
10. Who played the villainous role of Vince LaRocca in Sister Act?
ROUND II: Filming [Biggest Earners 2003-2014 Special]
1. Which Shrek sequel was the highest grossing film of 2004? Shrek 2? Shrek The Third? Shrek Forever After?
2. What is the name of the contest depicted in Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire? The Magical Gathering? The Tri-Wizard Tournament? The Sorcerer’s League?
THE TRI-WIZARD TOURNAMENT
3. Which character replaced Barbosa as the lead villain in Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest? Davy Jones? Blackbeard? Long John Silver?
4. Which 2007 film was not only the highest earner of that year but also the most expensive film ever made? Spider-Man 3? Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World’s End? I Am Legend?
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD’S END
5. In The Dark Knight, how many times does the Joker ask “Do you know how I got these scars?” Three? Four? Five?
THREE (to Gambol, Rachel, Batman)
6. What is the Na’vi word for the flying apex predator that Jake wrangles, in Avatar? Pa’li? Toruk? Ikran?
TORUK (meaning Last Shadow)
7. How old is Andy in Toy Story 3? Seventeen? Eighteen? Nineteen?
8. In Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows – Part 2, where is the Horcrux Helga Hufflepuff’s Cup located? The room of requirement? Bellatrix’s Vault at Gringotts? A seaside cave?
BELLATRIX’S VAULT AT GRINGOTTS
9. What is the name of the leader of the Chitauri, who frequently converses with Loki, in The Avengers? The Other? The Master? The Leader?
10. Iron Man 3 did not feature a single song by AC/DC. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which actor portrayed the following characters: Doc Hudson, John Rooney, Eddie Felson and Luke Jackson?
2. What is the killer’s alias in Dirty Harry?
3. In Munich, Avner’s group is recruited to assassinate how many Palestinians?
4. What is Melvin Udall’s profession in As Good As It Gets?
5. Scent Of A Woman is a remake of Profumo Di Donna, which was released in which year?
6. Ray Brower is a character in which film?
STAND BY ME
7. Who directed Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
8. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “The first casualty of war is innocence”?
9. When finally confronting Captain Terrill, in The Outlaw Josey Wales, Wales calmly and methodically dry fires each chamber in all four of his pistols before stabbing Terrill with a sword. How many times does Wales pull the trigger?
10. Which film starred Martin Sheen, Daniel Day-Lewis, John Gielgud and Ben Kingsley?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which film holds the record for bestselling movie soundtrack? The Bodyguard? Titanic? Grease?
2. Which of the following was not directed by both Hitchcock and Kubrick? Peter Sellers? James Mason? Laurence Olivier?
PETER SELLERS (JM North By Northwest / Lolita and LO Rebecca / Spartacus)
3. Warner Bros. and Geffen didn’t care for the title Beetlejuice and wanted to change it. Which of the following was not optioned? Spookfest? House Ghosts? Scared Sheetless?
4. All The President’s Men was released how many years after the Watergate scandal? Four? Six? Eight?
5. In which film did Jackie Chan briefly portray Chun Li and E. Honda from Street Fighter? City Hunter? Twin Dragons? Police Story 3: Super Cop?
6. Eighties family film Short Circuit faced controversy over which of the following? Newton’s Indian assistant was played by a white actor? Number Five’s lower half was a direct replica of the Hunter-Killers in The Terminator? Ally Sheedy was led to believe the robot was really sentient and sued for defamation of character out of embarrassment?
NEWTON’S INDIAN ASSISTANT WAS PLAYED BY A WHITE ACTOR
7. When Logan and Jessica leave the dome, in Logan’s Run, which US city do they find themselves in? Washington DC? Chicago? Los Angeles?
8. The following quote is from which film, “You are way behind the times. The guys of the 80s aren’t tough, they are sensitive people”? Lethal Weapon? Lethal Weapon 2? Lethal Weapon 3?
9. In Yojimbo, Toshiro Mifune’s character gives his name as Sanjuro. What is the English translation of Sanjuro? Thirty year old man? Warrior? Blind monk?
THIRTY YEAR OLD MAN
10. Spencer Tracy’s posthumous Oscar, for Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner, was collected by Katherine Hepburn and Tracy’s widow Louise, neither of whom gave an acceptance speech. True or False?
FALSE (Rod Steiger won the award, not Spencer Tracy)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Invasion Of The Body Snatchers / Buffy The Vampire Slayer / Space Cowboys
Poster: Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Actor: Donald Sutherland