[08 December 2013]
Poseidon’s Life Of Pitanic
Genre – Surreal disaster romance
Off A Mighty Duck’s Back
Genre – Duckumentary
Die Hard H2O: Broken Waters
Genre – Bruce Willis saves the day, delivers his wife’s baby and gets home for Christmas
Life Of Mince Pi
Genre – A coming of age story with a pie and a tiger
Hot Wee Wee Jefferson & The Cystitis Kid Go Up Shit Creek On Vacation
Genre – Melodrama
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the hitman played by Jean Reno in Leon?
2. What colour is Tinker Bell’s dress in the Disney animated adaption of Peter Pan?
3. How many Mission: Impossible films have been released to date?
4. What was the title of the Superman reboot released earlier this year?
MAN OF STEEL
5. Which actor played the title role in The Man In The Iron Mask?
LEONARDO DICAPRIO (Louis Hayward in 1939)
6. How many dwarves make up Thorin’s company in The Hobbit?
THIRTEEN (Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Ori, Nori, Dori, Dwalin, Balin, Oin, Gloin, Fili, Kili, Thorin)
7. Stanley Ipkiss is the lead character in which 90’s film?
8. In which year did Al Pacino play the role of Shylock in The Merchant Of Venice?
9. What is the name of the admin clerk character in Monsters, Inc?
10. What is the English translation of the title El Laberinto Del Fauno?
ROUND II: Filming [Films in which villains get caught on purpose Special]
1. In Waterworld, what event causes the globe to be completely submerged underwater? Melting of the polar icecaps? Earthquakes causing tidal waves? The opening of a portal to an alien world located somewhere in the Pacific rim?
MELTING OF THE POLAR ICECAPS
2. Who plays the title role in The Waterboy? David Spade? Adam Sandler? Rob Schneider?
3. In Deep Blue Sea, a team of scientists are trying to cure Alzheimer’s using which breed of genetically enhanced shark? Mako Shark? Goblin Shark? Grey reef shark?
4. Who directed Splash? Robert Zemeckis? Barry Levinson? Ron Howard?
5. What do the SEAL team dub the unidentified intelligent creatures in The Abyss? SILs? NTIs? HIBs?
NTI (Non-Terrestrial Intelligence)
6. In which film is water used to represent death? The Untouchables? Public Enemies? Road To Perdition?
ROAD TO PERDITION
7. Nova, Fin and Baz are the main characters in which terrible b-movie? Mega Shark Vs Giant Octopus? Sharknado? Jersey Shore Shark Attack?
8. How many different Michael Myers masks (including one CGI mask) were used in Halloween: H20? Five? Seven? Nine?
9. Port Royal, one of the main settings for The Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl, is a city in which country? Jamaica? Cuba? Trinidad?
10. After winning the lead role in M. Night Shyamalan’s The Last Airbender via a martial arts video, Noah Ringer had to attend acting school before filming could begin. True or False?
TRUE (but there was only time for one month’s worth of training)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What four words does Bonasera whisper to Don Corleone at the start of The Godfather?
I WANT THEM DEAD
2. In The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, Mr. Daws explains he’s been struck by lightning how many times?
3. What are the respective subtitles of the two Madagascar sequels? (one point per correct answer)
ESCAPE 2 AFRICA / EUROPE’S MOST WANTED
4. When Marty is talking on the phone to Doc Brown at the start of Back To The Future, he learns that all the clocks in Doc’s house are running slow by how many minutes?
TWENTY FIVE (Marty can’t blame the clocks, he was wearing a watch)
5. The African Tiger sketch appears in which Monty Python film?
MONTY PYTHON’S THE MEANING OF LIFE
6. The following films starred which actor, Wildcats, The Thin Red Line and No Country For Old Men?
7. The following quote is from which film, “You know, when you’re a rookie they can teach you everything about being a cop, except how to live with a mistake”?
8. What is the name of the scrapbook filled with rumours, secrets and accusations about fellow pupils and teachers, in Mean Girls?
9. The black supercharged V8 Pursuit Special is the iconic car of choice for which title character?
MAX ROCKATANSKY (will accept Mad Max)
10. What was the title of Shane Black’s directorial debut?
KISS KISS BANG BANG
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the name of Prince Phillip’s horse in Sleeping Beauty? Samson? Maximus? Hercules?
2. Which of the following is not a real film? Silent Night, Deadly Night? Santa And Merlin Vs. The Devil? Santa Claus Conquers The Martians?
SANTA AND MERLIN BEAT THE DEVIL (although this is the plot of a 1959 film called Santa Claus)
3. In Man Bites Dog, what kind of profession is Ben’s favourite target for assassination? Postmen? Milkmen? Firemen?
4. The US release of The Magic Roundabout was recorded with an entirely different cast. Which of the following was not part of it? Whoopi Goldberg? Steve Guttenberg? Chevy Chase?
5. Together For The First Time was the poster tagline for which film? Heat? Transformers: The Movie? The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance?
THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE (referring to John Wayne and James Stewart)
6. Who played the role of Captain Ahab in 1956’s Moby Dick? Spencer Tracy? Gregory Peck? Henry Fonda?
7. When Greg first meets Jack in Meet The Parents, Jack comments on the colour of Greg’s rental car. What colour is it? Blue? Green? Red?
8. The following quote is from which film, “You’re an awfully hard man to like, Hitler. But I’m going to try”? Downfall? Max? Valkyrie?
9. How many years pass between Imhotep’s resurrection and his reintroduction as Ardath Bey in 1932’s The Mummy? 5? 10? 15?
10. The Oscar trophy for Disney’s Snow White And The Seven Dwarves has seven mini statuettes attached to the side. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: For A Few Dollars More / Meet The Fockers / The Hobbit
Poster: The Fountain
Actor: Steve Martin