[15 September 2013]
Barry Lyndon’s 2001: A Clockwork Shining Metal Jacket
Genre – A searing documentary into Kubrick’s mind
Not Bill Clay!
Genre – Mistaken identity drama
Die Harder: The Alan Dickman Story
Genre – An army of gigolos dressed as Snape satisfy the Harry Potter fetish crowd. Accio knickers!
Genre – Sci-Fi Western
Torque Lauda U Hunt
Genre – High octane thriller
The Social Net-Twerk
Genre – Miley Cyrus is a Harvard student with an idea for a dance that will unite the world
Hans – A Tale Of A Half-Blood Prince Of Thieves
Genre – Apathetic crime drama
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. La Haine is set and filmed in which country?
2. Happy Feet (and its sequel) focuses on which animal?
3. How many Austin Powers films were released?
4. “There can be only one” is the catchphrase from which film series?
5. What colour is Lightning McQueen, in Cars?
6. Who is the lead actor in the Hot Shots films?
7. John McClane is the lead character in which franchise?
8. Who directed The Da Vinci Code, How The Grinch Stole Christmas and Apollo 13?
9. The following is the poster tagline for which Disney film, ‘a comedy of Olympian proportions’?
10. What is the name of Bill & Ted’s band, in the film of the same name?
WYLD STALLYNS [bonus point for correct spelling]
ROUND II: Filming [Alan Rickman Special]
1. What is the name of Alan Rickman’s character in the Harry Potter franchise? Albus Dumbledore? Severus Snape? Harry Potter?
2. What is the name of the skyscraper in Die Hard? Clamp Centre? The Glass Tower? Nakatomi Plaza?
3. Of the five headlining actors in Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves, how many are British? One? Two? Three?
4. In Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street, how many years pass before Benjamin Barker returns to London? 10? 15? 20?
5. Complete the following quote from Galaxy Quest: “By Grabthar’s hammer, by the suns of Warvan..” They will rue the day? You shall be avenged? I will make you pay?
YOU SHALL BE AVENGED
6. How many of the cast members feature on the poster for Love Actually? 8? 10? 12?
7. In Dogma, Alan Rickman plays the Metatron. According to Judeo-Christian apocrypha what is the Metatron? The voice of God? The angel of death? Head choral angel?
THE VOICE OF GOD
8. According to The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy, on what day does the world end? Tuesday? Wednesday? Thursday?
9. Which Celtic actor plays the unnamed character that assassinates Michael Collins in the film of the same name? Colin Farrell? Gerard Butler? Jonathan Rhys Meyers?
JONATHAN RHYS MEYERS
10. The prop liquid that represents the ultimate perfume, in Perfume: The Story Of A Murderer, was watered down Coca Cola. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Name the respective years that Hairspray was made and subsequently remade. (one point per correct answer)
1988 / 2007
2. For how many years has Simon the Holy Man been completely silent in Monty Python’s Life Of Brian?
3. The Final Cut of Blade Runner is how many minutes longer than the Theatrical Cut?
ONE (Final – 117mins / Theatrical – 116mins)
4. What word connects all of these films: Diamond, First, Captain?
5. In the film of the same name, The Hunger Games is an annual tournament. How many have been shown (incl. the latest)?
6. Johnny Depp, Heath Ledger, Robin Williams, Samantha Morton and Nicole Kidman were the original casting choices for which Terry Gilliam film?
THE BROTHERS GRIMM
7. How many films about Herbie do not have the word Herbie in the title?
8. What song are the six leads dancing to in the final scene of The Full Monty?
YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR HAT ON
9. Who composed the score for Hook?
10. The History Boys is set in which UK city?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The following quote is from which Alec Baldwin film, “You ask me if I have a God complex? Let me tell you something: I am God.” The Shadow? Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within? Malice?
2. In which year did Fox Film Corporation and 20th Century Pictures merge to form 20th Century Fox? 1915? 1925? 1935?
3. A Man For All Seasons focuses on which British monarch? Richard III? George VI? Henry VIII?
4. What is the name of the super-drug combination (described as the Neapolitan of drugs) in Get Him To The Greek? Jeremy? Johnny? Jeffrey?
5. The following films were all scored by which composer: Patton, Alien, Gremlins and The Mummy? Michael Nyman? Elmer Bernstein? Jerry Goldsmith?
6. Kevin Peter Hall was a seven foot actor, known for his roles in heavily made-up suits. Which of the following did he not star in? Harry And The Hendersons? Predator? Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi?
STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI
7. What was the title of the first film that Robert Redford both directed and starred in? A River Runs Through It? Quiz Show? The Horse Whisperer?
THE HORSE WHISPERER
8. In Gone With The Wind, what does Scarlett’s first husband, Charles, die of? Gunshot wound? Heart attack? Pneumonia?
9. Rob Gordon is the name of John Cusack’s character in which film? Being John Malkovich? Identity? High Fidelity?
10. Robin Williams and Billy Crystal were forbidden from being on the set of 1996’s Hamlet at the same time out of a genuine fear that the potential for cracking up cast and crew would have caused major production delays. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Goodfellas / Godzilla / Spirited Away
Poster: The Terminal
Actor: Joseph Fiennes