[21 July 2013]
The Fashion Of The Christ
Genre – Gok-Wan travels back in time to help Jesus deal with his body issues
Genre – Historical battle re-enactment.. with tits
Battle Of My Bulge: With Sexy Results
Genre – A historical drama of epic ‘proportions’
Genre – Documentary
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the release title of the 2013 remake of Sam Raimi’s The Evil Dead?
THE EVIL DEAD
2. The iconic Dirty Harry character was played by which actor?
3. Which animation studio released The Emperor’s New Groove in 2000?
4. Evan Almighty is the sequel to which film?
5. Who voiced the title role in animated film, Rango?
6. What nationality are the crime family in Eastern Promises?
7. The Disney princess Giselle appears in which live-action film?
8. Enter The Dragon was released in which year?
1973 (40th Anniversary)
9. What was the title of the science fiction comedy directed by Ivan Reitman, starring David Duchovny, Orlando Jones and Julianne Moore?
10. What did Tim Burton direct after Batman?
ROUND II: Filming [Historically Inaccurate Films Special]
1. Which of the following contains the most historical inaccuracies? Lincoln? The Conspirator? Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter?
ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER
2. In the Roland Emmerich film 10,000 BC, what type of animal is being used to build the pyramids? Woolly Mammoths? Tyrannosaurus Rex? Cyclops?
3. The Scots in Braveheart are depicted wearing kilts hundreds of years before they came into fashion. Roughly how many years after the film were they used? 200? 300? 400?
4. Which of the Inglourious Basterds actually kills Hitler? Smithson Utivich? Omar Ulmer? Donny Donowitz?
5. Which of Elizabeth’s supposed suitors in Elizabeth: The Golden Age was in fact dead at the time? Ivan The Terrible? Count Von Helfenstein? Sir Walter Raleigh?
IVAN THE TERRIBLE
6. Which character in Gladiator was actually strangled by a wrestler in the bath? Lucius Aurelius Commodus? Marcus Aurelius? Maximus Meridius?
LUCIUS AURELIUS COMMODUS
7. Despite the plethora of inaccuracies, how much did Pocahontas make at the box office? 210 million? 340 million? 560 million?
346 MILLION DOLLARS
8. According to John Carpenter, in what year is New York cut off from the mainland and designated a one-way prison, in Escape From New York? 1983? 1988? 1992?
9. One of the more inaccurate elements in Shakespeare In Love is the changing of the title of Shakespeare’s play to Romeo & Juliet. According to the film, what is the name of the lead female character? Ethel? Viola? Mildred?
10. During the final and climactic battle in The Patriot Cornwallis orders a retreat. In real life, the British held the battlefield, thereby winning the skirmish. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “He is afraid. He is totally alone. He is three million light years from home”?
2. What was Mike Myers’ cinematic debut?
3. The following films all starred which actor, Trading Places, Vampire In Brooklyn and Meet Dave?
4. Alec Baldwin and Anthony Hopkins appeared in which film?
5. About Schmidt, Sideways and The Descendants were directed by whom?
6. The Elephant Man was shot on a budget of how many millions of dollars?
7. The planet Dagobah is introduced in which Star Wars film?
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
8. What is the title of the WWII film starring Jude Law, Joseph Fiennes, Rachel Weisz and Ed Harris?
ENEMY AT THE GATES
9. Equilibrium was mostly filmed in which European city?
10. In which film does Clint Eastwood play the character Frank Morris and attempts to break out of prison?
ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Escape From Planet Of The Apes is the nth instalment in the series. Third? Fourth? Fifth?
2. In Erin Brokovich, what source has been infected with the carcinogenic hexavalent chromium? Gas? Water? Electricity?
3. Of his three films, which was James Dean’s first (filmed, not released)? Giant? East Of Eden? Rebel Without A Cause?
EAST OF EDEN
4. What was the title of the sequel to East Is East? Everywhere And Nowhere? Brick Lane? West Is West?
WEST IS WEST
5. The following is the synopsis for which film: After losing one billion dollars a shoe designer decides to commit suicide but hearing that his father has died needs to retrieve the body. On his way, he meets a woman who changes his perspective on life? Melancholia? The Tree Of Life? Elizabethtown?
6. What is Rita studying in Educating Rita? Literature? Biology? Art?
7. Which of the leading cast directed Easy Rider? Peter Fonda? Dennis Hopper? Jack Nicholson?
8. The End Of The Affair is based on the book by which author? Graham Greene? John Le Carré? Frederick Forsyth?
9. The following quote is from which film, “Where we’re going we don’t need eyes to see”? A Nightmare On Elm Street? Event Horizon? Hostel?
10. Shutter Island is the highest grossing film of Martin Scorsese’s career. True or False?
TRUE (taking $293 million at the box office, worldwide)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Ocean’s Twelve / Superbad / Back To The Future: Part II
Poster: 2001: A Space Odyssey
Actor: Al Pacino