[23 June 2013]
Five Earsy Pieces
Genre – mock-umentary
House Of Ear Wax: Starring Richard Ear, Robe Lobe, Earer Knightley and Heather Cochlea
Genre – A group of people enter a house and suffer from different auditorial problems
Only Gosling Forgives
Genre – Documentary
The Best Ears Of Our Lives
Genre – Harrowing drama
Ear-y Indiana Jones & The Temple Of Poon
Genre – Aural action adventure with sexy results
Genre – South African remake of the classic 80’s spoof (starring Lobey Maguire)
Hard Of Hearing
Genre – Foolish man accidentally puts viagra in his ear instead of ear drops. Discovers he can hear people’s onciming arousal. Turns out it’s a fairly crap super power
Girl With The Bling Earring
Genre – Period teen drama
Starter For Two
Genre – Rom-Com
Van Gogh Bounty Hunter 6: Up In The Ear
Genre – What James Franco would class as drama but everyone knows is soft porn for teenagers
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Rasputin, Dark Servant Of Destiny (starring Alan Rickman) was a film about which Russian historical figure?
GRIGORI YEFIMOVICH RASPUTIN
2. Quantum Of Solace starred which Bond actor?
3. How many First Blood/Rambo films have been made to date?
4. Who played the title character in the 1994 adaptation Richie Rich?
5. The following songs are from which film: Dammit Janet, Hot Patootie – Bless My Soul and Sweet Transvestite?
THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW
6. Detective Inspecter Lee and Detective Carter, played by Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker respectively, are characters in which film series?
7. What was the title of Bryan Singer’s Superman film released in 2006?
8. He’s Dying To Become A Chef was the poster tagline for which Pixar film?
9. What colour is Luke Skywalker’s new lightsaber in Return Of The Jedi?
10. The US remake of Ringu was released in which year?
ROUND II: Filming [Ears Special]
1. What was the nickname given to Australian criminal Mark Read, in Chopper? Slasher? Hacker? Chopper?
2. Who directed Blue Velvet? Darren Aronofsky? David Lynch? Terrence Malick?
3. What colour designation is given to Tim Roth’s character in Reservoir Dogs? Orange? Blue? White?
4. Who played the title role in The Passion Of The Christ? Christian Bale? Willem Dafoe? Jim Caviezel?
5. How many Universal Soldier films have been released to date? Six? Seven? Eight?
6. Which of the following films does not feature things going into ears? Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan? Heartbreak Ridge? Scary Movie?
HEARTBREAK RIDGE (earring pulled off ear)
7. High Plains Drifter was released in which year? 1971? 1972? 1973?
8. What is the name of George Kirk’s ship, that is featured during the opening of Star Trek? USS Kelvin? USS Carter? USS Farragut?
9. How many decoy Harry’s are made (using Polyjuice potion) in Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Part I? Five? Six? Seven?
10. Although set in Turkey, the prison interiors in Midnight Express were filmed in Malta. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What was the subtitle to the sequel to Carrie?
2. Raging Bull ends with a quote from which book?
3. Raiders Of The Lost Ark was distributed by which major studio?
4. In a 2010 film, starring Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren and John Malkovich, what does the title RED stand for?
RETIRED EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
5. Christian Bale, Matthew McConaughey and Gerard Butler starred in which 2002 film?
REIGN OF FIRE
6. Which actor plays villain Neville Sinclair in 1991’s The Rocketeer?
7. Who composed the score for Requiem For A Dream?
8. Run Fatboy Run was the directorial debut for which actor?
9. Rain Man made over 354 million dollars at the box office. What was its budget?
TWENTY FIVE MILLION
10. The following quote is from which film, “This is the life we chose, the life we lead. And there is only one guarantee: none of us will see Heaven”?
ROAD TO PERDITION
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following is not a Resident Evil sequel subtitle? Retribution? Afterlife? Extermination?
2. Who played the lead in 1946’s The Razor’s Edge? Gregory Peck? Montgomery Clift? Tyrone Power?
3. What did Alfred Hitchcock direct after Dial M For Murder? The Man Who Knew Too Much? Vertigo? Rear Window?
4. What was the last line in the 1939 James Cagney film The Roaring Twenties? Things have been pretty tough, haven’t they? Here’s one rap you ain’t gonna beat? He used to be a big shot?
HE USED TO BE A BIG SHOT
5. The Akira Kurosawa film Rashomon details several characters telling alternative version of the same events. Following the events at the end of the film, which version is considered the truth? The bandit’s story? The wife’s story? The woodcutter’s story?
THE WOODCUTTER’S STORY
6. Who narrated 1968’s Romeo & Juliet? Richard Burton? Charlton Heston? Laurence Olivier?
7. Which of the following is the first scene in Rebel Without A Cause? Jim sitting in a police station pretending to be a siren? Jim going to the planetarium on a school trip? Jim lying in the street playing with a monkey?
JIM LYING IN THE STREET PLAYING WITH A MONKEY
8. What is the name of NASA’s first human spaceflight in The Right Stuff? Project Jupiter? Project Mars? Project Mercury?
9. The following is the poster tagline for which 1959 film “They fought back to back. No quarter given, no quarter asked. No way in, no way out”? The Alamo? The Green Berets? Rio Bravo?
10. James Cagney was set to play the title role in The Adventures Of Robin Hood before he left Warner Bros. Three years later, the part went to Errol Flynn. True or False?
BOUND IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Total Recall / Total Recall / Minority Report
Poster: A Scanner Darkly
Actor: Orson Welles