[10 February 2013]
The Team Name That Wasn’t There
Genre – Drama about people struggling to think of Billy Bob Thornton puns
The Dan Who Wasn’t There
Genre – Mystery drama about missing team mate
Willy Knob Thornton’s Monster Balls
Genre – After his divorce from Jolie, Billy Bob suffers as nobody is able to satisfy him in the sack
The Horse Whisperer 2: Lessons In Lasagne
Genre – Cookery horror
Billy Bob Thorntons
Genre – Post Jolie Billy Bob opens up a chocolate shop in which every chocolate looks like her face
Django’s Unchained Melody
Genre – Musical about slavery
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. The 2000 film Dungeons & Dragons is loosely inspired by which Role Playing Game?
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS
2. What type of animal is Nana in Disney’s Peter Pan? [bonus point for naming the breed]
DOG [St. Bernard]
3. Which two actors wrote the screenplay for Good Will Hunting? (one point per correct answer)
BEN AFFLECK / MATT DAMON
4. How many children find golden tickets in Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory?
FIVE (Charlie / Augustus / Veruca / Violet / Mike)
5. Syndrome is the villain in which Pixar film?
6. The film Munich starts with the events at which 1972 sporting event?
7. In which film does Robert Mitchum play a tattooed preacher?
THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER
8. What is the name of Kevin’s older brother in Home Alone?
9. Which actor has played Moses, Batman and Jim Morrison? [bonus points if you can name the relevant films]
VAL KILMER [The Prince Of Egypt / Batman Forever / The Doors]
10. The Pre-Crime division is a part of the Washington DC police in which Spielberg film?
ROUND II: Filming [Billy Bob Thornton Special]
1. Who plays the role of Darrell in U Turn? Sean Penn? Nick Nolte? Billy Bob Thornton?
BILLY BOB THORNTON
2. Which actress won her first academy award for her role in Monster’s Ball? Sharon Stone? Halle Berry? Charlize Theron?
3. What is Ed Crane’s job in The Man Who Wasn’t There? Barber? Diner Cook? Insurance Salesman?
4. Friday Night Lights focuses on which sport? Basketball? Baseball? American Football?
5. Who directed the 2005 crime caper, The Ice Harvest? Ivan Reitman? Harold Ramis? Dan Aykroyd?
6. Who provides the brief narration for Michael Bay’s Armageddon? Robert Mitchum? Richard Burton? Charlton Heston?
7. What are Hank, Jacob and Lou doing when they find the crashed plane in A Simple Plan? Running from a fire? Chasing a fox? Investigating a loud noise?
CHASING A FOX
8. What was the title of the film that starred Bruce Willis, Billy Bob Thornton and Cate Blanchett? Bandits? Tin Men? Liberty Heights?
9. How many films has Billy Bob Thornton directed? 2? 3? 4?
FOUR (Sling Blade / All The Pretty Horses / Daddy And Them / Jayne Mansfield’s Car)
10. Billy Bob Thornton was so unhappy with the way Homegrown was being directed that he challenged director Stephen Gyllenhaal to a fistfight to finish the film.. which he lost. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Holden McNeil, Banky Edwards and Alyssa Jones are characters in which Kevin Smith film?
2. In The Princess Bride, Count Tyrone Rugen is known as the six-fingered man. Which hand contains the extra digit?
3. Which actress appears on the poster for Scream?
4. What is the Chateau d’If in The Count Of Monte Cristo?
5. In K-Pax, Prot especially enjoys what type of food?
6. Half way through Donnie Darko, Donnie Ronald and Sean have a heated debate about which cartoon series?
7. Which actor appeared in The Blues Brothers, Splash, Little Shop Of Horrors, Home Alone and JFK?
8. What is Brian Grazer’s occupation?
9. The following is the poster tagline for which film “Seek The Truth, Seek The Codes, Uncover The Secret”?
THE DA VINCI CODE
10. To date there have been four sequels to The Fast And The Furious. What were their titles? (one point per correct answer)
2 FAST 2 FURIOUS / THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT / FAST & FURIOUS / FAST FIVE
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. How many movies have been produced by MTV films? 31? 34? 38?
2. The 1996 movie Barb Wire, starring Pamela Anderson, is actually a remake of which movie? Gone With The Wind? Ben-Hur? Casablanca?
3. Which actor debuted as one of the kids trying to play the Wild Gunman video game in Back To The Future: Part II? Chris Evans? Elijah Wood? Joseph Gordon-Levitt?
4. How are Denis Quaid and Randy Quaid related? Father/Son? Brothers? Cousins?
5. What is the name of Mrs. Wilberforce’s parrot in The Ladykillers? Field Marshall Fred? General Gordon? Colonel Clive?
6. Which composer scored Pretty Woman, The Sixth Sense and King Kong? Thomas Newman? Howard Shore? James Newton Howard?
JAMES NEWTON HOWARD
7. Ridley Scott has directed twenty films to date. What was his tenth? G.I. Jane? Matchstick Men? Thelma & Louise?
8. How old was Bela Lugosi when he died in 1956? 73? 81? 92?
9. How did Richard Attenborough’s 1992 Charlie Chaplin biopic perform at the box office? Lost money? Broke even? Made profit?
LOST MONEY (9.4mil of 31mil budget)
10. Steven Spielberg is godfather to Drew Barrymore and Gwyneth Paltrow. True or False?
BOUND IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: 3:10 To Yuma / Blade Runner / Lawrence Of Arabia
Poster: A Single Man
Actor: Peter Lorre