[20 May 2012]
Schindler’s Shopping List
Genre – Comedy
The Breakfast Club Sandwich
Genre – Five mis-matched teenagers are forced to work in Subway on a Saturday
Cream Horn Of The Dead
Genre – Horror starring Goldie Hawn
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Games
Genre – 12 young caterpillars must eat or be eaten in The Hungry Games
The Cabinet In The Woods
Genre – Horror, teens find Eric Pickles, Michael Gove and Danny Alexander in the woods
Eat The Fockers
Genre – Comedy featuring Yoghurt DeNiro, Barbecue Streisand and Ben Stillwater
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the name of the doctor that created the monster in Frankenstein?
2. 1964’s Viva Las Vegas starred which musician in the lead role?
3. What colour are the aliens in Mars Attacks?
4. What was the first Pixar feature to be released?
5. Magnum Force is part of which Clint Eastwood series?
6. What was the name of the sequel to Bruce Almighty?
7. What were the titles of the two asteroid blockbusters released in 1998? (one point per correct answer)
DEEP IMPACT / ARMAGEDDON
8. The first Harry Potter film and first Lord Of The Rings film were released in which year?
9. Who played the two leads in 1983’s Trading Places? (one point per correct answer)
DAN ACKROYD / EDDIE MURPHY
10. Which three actors had top billing in Ocean’s Eleven? (one point per correct answer)
GEORGE CLOONEY / BRAD PITT / MATT DAMON
ROUND II: Filming [Films With Food & Drink In The Title Special]
1. What product is predominately manufactured at the factory, in Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory? Bricks? Prophylactics? Chocolate?
2. Ratatouille is set in which European country? Italy? France? Spain?
3. What is the name of the character played by Jason Biggs, in American Pie? James Levenstein? Kevin Myers? Paul Finch?
4. What colour is the hat that Juliette Lewis’ character wears for the majority of What’s Eating Gilbert Grape? Red? Green? White?
5. Which of the following actors does not appear in Tea With Mussolini? Judi Dench? Helen Mirren? Cher?
6. How is Buddy killed in Fried Green Tomatoes? Shot while being mugged? Drunk driving accident? Hit by a train?[bonus point for naming the actor who played Buddy]
HIT BY A TRAIN [Chris O’Donnell]
7. In A Clockwork Orange, what does the Nadsat word “gulliver” mean? Loud? Stupid? Head?
8. George Clooney appeared in which Killer Tomatoes film? Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes? Return Of The Killer Tomatoes? Killer Tomatoes Strike Back?
RETURN OF THE KILLER TOMATOES
9. Which of the following groups did not appear in films titled Duck Soup? Charlie Chaplin? Laurel & Hardy? The Marx Brothers?
CHARLIE CHAPLIN (L&H 1927 / MB 1933)
10. In Soylent Green, Edward G. Robinson somehow managed to ad lib an entire scene with Charlton Heston, despite being deaf. True or False?
TRUE (due to cancer, Robinson could no longer hear unless talking directly into his ear)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. In what year was the original Parent Trap released?
2. What is the main drug featured in Basic Instinct?
3. In Airplane! the plane’s wing destroys the tower of a radio station that plays which type of music?
4. Which animated character made their debut appearance in 1940’s A Wild Hare?
5. What type of animal fur was used to cover the stop-motion King Kong?
6. What year did Humphrey Bogart die?
7. In The Blues Brothers, Carrie Fisher plays the ex-fiancée of which brother?
8. What type of weapon does Lewis use to kill the hillbillies raping Bobby in Deliverance?
BOW AND ARROW
9. Who played the lead role in Empire Of The Sun?
10. What is the name of the diamond in The Rescuers?
THE DEVIL’S EYE
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which actor played the lead in the following films: The Mark Of Zorro, Blood And Sand, The Black Swan? Tyrone Power? Errol Flynn? Douglas Fairbanks?
2. What is the name of the third Herbie film? Herbie Rides Again? Herbie Goes Bananas? Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo?
HERBIE GOES TO MONTE CARLO
3. You Can’t Get A Man With A Gun, There’s No Business Like Show Business and They Say It’s Wonderful are songs from which musical? Annie Get Your Gun? Calamity Jane? There’s No Business Like Show Business?
ANNIE GET YOUR GUN
4. Which European country is Judy Benjamin assigned to, midway through Private Benjamin? Austria? Switzerland? Belgium?
5. A plot thread of which Lee Marvin western includes a Mormon arriving in a mining town and selling one of his wives to the highest bidder? The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance? Paint Your Wagon? Cat Ballou?
PAINT YOUR WAGON
6. “Look up, look down, look out” was the poster tagline for which James Bond film? Thunderball? You Only Live Twice? For Your Eyes Only?
7. Which of the following actors appeared in both Disney’s Pocahontas and Terrence Malick’s The New World? Mel Gibson? Christian Bale? Christopher Plummer?
8. What follows the opening line in the title song for The Sound Of Music? The hills fill my heart with the sound of music? With songs they have sung for a thousand years? My heart wants to sing every song it hears?
WITH SONGS THEY HAVE SUNG FOR A THOUSAND YEARS
9. Which of the following is not a James Cagney film? Blonde Crazy? The Mayor Of Hell? Dead Reckoning?
10. Despite set in Rome, La Dolce Vita was actually filmed in Barcelona. True or False?