[11 April 2010]
Internal Affairs: Night In Rodent
Genre – Wildlife Romance
Geres Of War II: The Runaway Budget
Genre – Clone-Based Action Thriller / Hollywood Biopic Satire / Gay Rom-Com
Tiffany 2 (Tiffany Squared): “I Think We’re A Clone Now”
Genre – Richard Gere + Tiffany are cloned with hilarious and sexy results
Genre – An animated biopic of Richard Gere in the metaphorical goldfish bowl of life
Richard Geres Of War
Genre – Clone War Drama
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the name of the refugee camp in District 9?
2. Which of the following was not directed by Akira Kurosawa? Seven Samurai? Yojimbo? Rumble In Hong Kong?
RUMBLE IN HONG KONG
3. What causes the infamous screaming sequence in Home Alone?
APPLICATION OF AFTERSHAVE
4. Which family consists of Gomez, Morticia, Pugsley and Wednesday? [bonus: what year was this Barry Sonnenfeld directed film and its sequel released?] (I haven’t classed Values and Reunion because they were both awful)
THE ADDAMS FAMILY [1991 / 1992]
5. What was the ‘bad colour’ in The Village?
6. Who played the mariachi in Desperado? [bonus point for naming the man he was looking for]
ANTONIO BANDERAS [Butch]
7. Who directed Apocalypse Now?
FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA
8. What sport does Ignacio secretly compete in, in Nacho Libre?
9. Which actress starred in You’ll Never Get Rich, Gilda and The Lady From Shanghai? [five bonus points for identifying her actual name as opposed to her stage name]
RITA HAYWORTH [Margarita Carmen Cansino]
10. By what title is the film Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo better known?
THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY
11. Who plays the Russian terrorist Ivan Korshunov in 1997’s Air Force One?
12. In which country is Cinema Paradiso mostly set?
ROUND II: Filming [Richard Gere Special]
1. What is Julia Roberts profession in Pretty Woman?
PROSTITUTE (or variations thereof)
2. Which knight of the round table does Gere play in First Knight?
3. Which Gere film depicts a lawyer joining a dance school to escape the tedium of his life? [bonus point for naming the actress who played the dance instructor]
SHALL WE DANCE [Jennifer Lopez]
4. Who received the higher salary of 17 million dollars for Runaway Bride? Richard Gere or Julia Roberts? [bonus point for naming how much the other received]
ROBERTS [13 mil]
5. How many months did Gere spend training to tap-dance for his role in Chicago?
6. By what nickname does Gunnery Sergeant Foley refer to Zack Mayo in An Officer And A Gentleman?
7. Which actress co-starred with Richard Gere in Sommersby? Farah Fawcett? Jodie Foster? Kim Basinger?
8. In The Hoax, Gere’s character supposedly has permission to pen the biography of which millionaire?
9. Gere was offered the lead role in which 1988 action film before turning it down?
10. Who was originally cast as Bill in Terrence Malick’s Days Of Heaven?
11. What is the name of the character who refuses to provide Julian’s alibi in American Gigolo? (one point per name)
12. Who plays the arms dealer, Ian Lamont in The Jackal?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Name the four lead male characters in The Hangover (first name only, one point per correct answer).
PHIL / STU / ALAN / DOUG
2. Which film did Cecil B. DeMille originally shoot in 1926 before remaking in colour and sound in 1956?
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
3. What were William Wallace’s last words in Braveheart?
4. Which cult 1970 movie was credited as John Lennon, David Lynch, Peter Fonda, Bob Dylan and Marilyn Manson’s favourite film?
5. Buster Keaton’s finest work was in the silent film The General. Who or what was The General in question?
6. What was the name of Dumbo’s mouse friend?
7. What was Robert Redford’s last film (most recent release)? [bonus point for naming the year of its release]
LIONS FOR LAMBS 
8. The tool-belt and all the various gadgets worn by Tuttle in Brazil were provided by Robert De Niro. True or False?
9. What is the name of the club in Cabaret?
KIT KAT KLUB
10. Which actor starred in The Conversation, Antz and A Bridge Too Far?
11. In which Steve Martin film does the lead famously shout “Stay away from the cans!”?
12. What was the name of the show Rex Manning starred on in Empire Records?
THE FAMILY WAY
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What was the surname of the deceased couple in Beetlejuice? Deetz? Maitland? Butterfield?
2. Which Lethal Weapon movie features Joss Ackland as a South African diplomat? Lethal Weapon? Lethal Weapon II? Lethal Weapon III? [two bonus points for identifying his last words]
LETHAL WEAPON II [“Diplomatic immunity”]
3. Who directed Steve McQueen’s 1968 hit, Bullitt? Peter Yates? Harry Kleiner? Robert Fish?
4. Which character chases Lane (played by John Cusack) down the K12 in Better Off Dead? Charles? Ricky? The Paperboy? [for a bonus point, why?]
PAPERBOY [Two Dollars!]
5. What was the top grossing film of 1953? Peter Pan? The Robe? From Here To Eternity?
6. Which of the following was not one of Gary Cooper’s nicknames? The Montana Mule? Old Silent Coop? Studs?
OLD SILENT COOP (although he was often referred to as ‘Coop’ and ‘the strong, silent type’)
7. What was the last line typed up by Gordie in Stand By Me? (The sentence starts “I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve.”) But I guess I wasn’t trying? Jesus, did anyone? I miss them?
JESUS, DID ANYONE
8. How many Smokey And The Bandit sequels were made? One? Two? Three?
9. What was Edward G. Robinson’s final film? Song Of Norway? Soylent Green? Never A Dull Moment?
10. How many times is the word Fuck said in Sam Mendes’ Jarhead? 276? 277? 278? [bonus point for how many times Motherfucker was said]
TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY EIGHT 
11. To date Toy Story is the only Pixar release to spawn sequels. Which film is going through this process for a June 2011 release? Ratatouille? Cars? The Incredibles?
12. Before filming The Sting, Robert Shaw injured his ankle and incorporated the limp into his performance. True or False?