[05 May 2019]
Wyld Stallions (sponsored by OCP and Skynet)
Genre – Whether you’re dancing with wolves or silencing lambs, this corporate merger aims to draw first blood in bringing history’s future today.. but it’s not set
The Galaxy Is On Orion’s Belt
Genre – A friendly alien puts a chocolate bar on a cat’s collar
He’s Not Orion, He’s A Very Naughty Boy
Genre – A desperate attempt to think of a team name because we are all super tired
The Great Orion Mix-Up
Genre – Orion Reynolds and Orion Gosling keep betting confused for each other
No Points Can Be Found On Orion’s Belt
Genre – Sci-fi (straight to VHS)
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the title of the first sequel to Rush Hour?
RUSH HOUR 2
2. Emma Watson starred in the live action adaptation of which Disney film?
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
3. What is the name of Wayne’s best friend and co-host in Wayne’s World?
4. Jurassic Park was released in which year?
5. Jean Reno and Natalie Portman starred together in which film?
6. Who plays Jenny in Forrest Gump?
7. Which film was first read out as the 2017 best picture academy award winner before the correct winner, Moonlight, was announced?
LA LA LAND
8. How many children does Robin Williams and Sally Field have in Mrs Doubtfire?
9. What is the title of the 1993 film in which Harrison Ford is falsely accused of his wife’s murder and escapes custody?
10. Groundhog Day takes place in which month?
ROUND II: Filming [Orion Pictures]
1. The Terminator was released in which year? 1981? 1984? 1989?
2. Who played the title role in Arthur? Dudley Moore? Dustin Hoffman? Billy Crystal?
3. What is the name of the company that funds the RoboCop project in the film of the same name? MBA? WYC? OCP?
OCP (Omni Consumer Products)
4. Which of the following did not play one of the Three Amigos in the 1986 film of the same name? Martin Short? Chevy Chase? Gene Wilder?
5. Amadeus is told in flashback from the perspective of which composer? Giuseppe Bonoo? Franz Joseph Haydn? Antonio Salieri?
6. Michelle Pfeiffer, Matthew Modine, Alec Baldwin, Joan Cusack and Oliver Platt starred in which film? Radio Days? Married To The Mob? Love Field?
MARRIED TO THE MOB
7. The following quote is from which film, “He was insubordinate, cowardly and insubordinate. He frightened the men. I did not put the fear there, he did. So he will be lashed and we will go around the horn.”? Master And Commander? In The Heart Of The Sea? The Bounty?
8. Only one of the Rambo films was distributed by Orion. Which one was it? First Blood? Rambo III? Rambo (2008)?
FIRST BLOOD (R2 Tristar R4 Lionsgate)
9. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is a remake of which David Niven, Marlon Brando film? Separate Tables? King, Queen, Knave? Bedtime Story?
10. Orion’s highest grossing picture was The Silence Of The Lambs with $424 million dollars. True or False?
FALSE (Dances With Wolves made $424mil followed by The Silence Of The Lambs with $272mil)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What are the titles of the six Paranormal Activity films? (one point per correct answer)
PARANORMAL ACTIVITY / PA2 / PA3 / PA4 / PA: THE MARKED ONES / PA THE GHOST DIMENSION
2. Disney’s The Sword In The Stone was released in which year?
3. Adjusted for inflation, what is the highest grossing film of all time at $3.7 billion?
GONE WITH THE WIND
4. Luke Wilson, Vince Vaughn and Will Ferrell appeared in which two films? (one point per correct answer)
OLD SCHOOL / ANCHORMAN
5. Which actors voiced the lead roles in 2000’s The Road To El Dorado? (one point per correct answer)
KEVIN KLINE / KENNETH BRANAGH
6. Who is the only actor to date to have three Oscars in the Best Leading Male Performance category? [bonus point for naming the only actor to receive four best lead Oscars]
DANIEL DAY LEWIS [Katherine Hepburn]
7. Who directed The Goonies?
8. Which actor appeared in Better Off Dead, Identity, Being John Malkovich and The Grifters?
9. The following quote is from which film, “That is good, for believing what you do. We will confer upon you a rare gift these days – a martyr’s death”?
THE WICKER MAN
10. 1978’s The First Great Train Robbery, starring Sean Connery and Donald Sutherland, was directed by the author of the novel of the same name. What was his name?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following young adult novels has yet to receive a live-action cinematic adaptation? How I Live Now (Meg Rosoff)? The Hate U Give (Angie Thomas)? The Carnival At Bray (Jessie Ann Foley)?
THE CARNIVAL AT BRAY
2. Aguirre: The Wrath Of God, Goodbye Lenin, M, Wings Of Desire and The White Ribbon are films from which country? Germany? Austria? Poland?
3. In Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, what colour is Cameron’s father’s car? Black? Red? White?
4. In Clash Of The Titans, who creates the golden owl Bubo? Athena? Hephaestus? Hermes?
5. Which of the following 2005 films earned the most at the box office? Batman Begins? Mr & Mrs Smith? Charlie And The Chocolate Factory?
MR & MRS SMITH $478mil (Charlie And The Chocolate Factory $474mil, Batman Begins $374mil)
6. What are Captain Miller’s last words in Saving Private Ryan? Earn it? Angels on our shoulders? I’m alright?
7. What is the name of Robert Redford’s character in Captain America: The Winter Soldier? Alexander Pierce? Jasper Sitwell? Brock Rumlow?
8. Straw Dogs was released in which year? 1971? 1979? 1983?
9. In Event Horizon, the titular space ship disappears for seven years and reappears orbiting which planet? Jupiter? Neptune? Pluto?
10. The Last Samurai made more at the box office in Japan than America. True or False?
TRUE (JP $119mil, US $111mil)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Gone In 60 Seconds / Lost In Translation / Cold Mountain / Public Enemies
Poster: Lost Highway
Actor: Giovanni Ribisi