[18 November 2018]
Wankers Of The Lost Cock
Genre – A penetrative journey into deep throat
Mark Rylance Of The Lambs
Genre – Mark Rylance goes to visit Hannibal Lecter as part of his investigation into a missing trilby hat
Winners Of The Quiz
Genre – Optimistic family film
Fantastic Of The Beasts: Crimes Of The Grindelwald
Genre – Fantasy of the fiction
Winners Of The Quiz
Genre – A film about aspirations and failure
Street Shiter II
Genre – Dramatic come-back sequel
Planet Of The Vapes
Genre – Charlton Heston lands on a planet where everybody uses e-cigarettes and all he wants is a cigar
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the title of the Muppet movie released in 1979?
THE MUPPETS MOVIE
2. Including the upcoming Bumblebee film, how many Transformers films have been released to date?
3. The following quote is from which film, “Look at me. Look at me. I am the captain now”?
4. Who played the lead role in superhero film Hancock?
5. Jurassic World was released in which year?
6. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “A world inside the computer where man has never been. Never before now”?
7. A digital version of Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin was created for which Star Wars film?
8. How many children does John McClane have in Die Hard?
9. Emmet Brickowski, Wyldstyle, Lord Business and Batman are characters from which film?
THE LEGO MOVIE
10. What was the title of Timothy Dalton’s first James Bond film?
THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS
ROUND II: Filming [Titles With “of the” Special]
1. What is the title of the first Indiana Jones film? Temple Of Doom? The Last Crusade? Raiders Of The Lost Ark?
2. What is the name of Bradley Cooper’s character in Guardians Of The Galaxy? Drax? Rocket? Groot?
3. Who played the title role in 2004’s The Phantom Of The Opera? Heath Ledger? Matthew McConaughey? Gerard Butler?
4. Clash Of The Titans was released in which year? 1975? 1981? 1990? [bonus point for identifying the release year of the remake]
5. Although the third (and last) of the Walden Media Narnia adaptations, Voyage Of The Dawn Treader is which volume of the chronological order? Second? Fifth? Seventh?
6. Which of the following quotes from Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi is correct? Now witness the firepower of this fully operational and charged space station? Now witness the power of this fully operational battle station? Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station?
NOW WITNESS THE FIREPOWER OF THIS FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL BATTLE STATION
7. How many astronauts are in deep hibernation at the start of Planet Of The Apes? Two? Four? Six?
8. What is the title of the film Orson Welles film that started shooting in 1970 but was only released this year? Confessions Of The Artist? The Event Of The Year? The Other Side Of The Wind?
THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WIND
9. Which of the following statements about Studio Ghibli’s The Tale Of Princess Kaguya is true? It is the most expensive Japanese movie to date? The director died and the film was completed by his son? It does not contain the colour blue?
IT IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE JAPANESE MOVIE TO DATE
10. The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies only made $500 million at the box office, which was half of the second instalment. True or False?
FALSE (it made $950 million, as did Desolation Of Smaug)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What is the title of spin off to Forgetting Sarah Marshall?
GET HIM TO THE GREEK
2. Steven Soderbergh’s biographic about Che Guevara, starring Benicio Del Toro, was released in how many parts?
3. Who directed Fruitvale Station, Creed and Black Panther?
4. How long has Fester been missing at the start of The Addams Family?
TWENTY FIVE YEARS
5. What is the title of the documentary directed by Banksy?
EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP
6. What is the name of the fictional city in Disney’s Aladdin? [bonus point for correct spelling]
7. The following quote is from which film, “America is an irradiated wasteland. Within it lies a city. Outside the boundary walls, a desert”?
8. Which Avenger does Scott fight while breaking into an Avengers warehouse in Ant-Man?
SAM WILSON / FALCON
9. Planet Ice was the working title for which 1997 blockbuster?
10. Which two actors played the respective lead roles in Withnail And I? (one point per correct answer)
RICHARD E GRANT / PAUL MCGANN
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. At the start of It Follows, Jay is going out with Hugh who she contracts the curse from. What is Hugh’s actual name? Jeff? Greg? Alec?
2. What did Ruben Fleischer direct in between Zombieland and Gangster Squad? Adventureland? 30 Minutes Or Less? Now You See Me?
30 MINUTES OR LESS
3. Place Beyond The Pines was released in which year? 2008? 2012? 2015?
4. The following quote is from which film, “You just pissed on a gypsy in the middle of nowhere. Hardly the hottest ticket in town, darling”? Ordinary Decent Criminals? Snatch? Bronson?
5. Peter Fonda, Ben Foster, Alan Tudyk, Russell Crowe and Christian Bale all starred in which film? State Of Play? The Insider? 3:10 to Yuma?
3:10 TO YUMA
6. What is the name of the town in The Boxtrolls? Spoonington? Oakmere? Cheesebridge?
7. Which of the following did not appear in 12 Years A Slave? Paul Giamatti? Clive Owen? Benedict Cumberbatch?
8. Which character acts as the narrator for The Big Short? Jared Vennett (Ryan Gosling)? Mark Baum (Steve Carell)? Charlie Geller (John Magaro)?
JARED VENNETT (RYAN GOSLING)
9. The majority of Valkyrie takes place in which year? 1938? 1941? 1944?
10. Because Birdman was repeatedly rehearsed and shot in sequence, editing was very short, taking only two weeks. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Waterworld / High Fidelity / King Kong / Goosebumps
Actor: Jack Black