[12 August 2018]
Dude, Where’s My Avenger
Genre – A comedy of infinite proportions
Genre – Dyslexic bar-b-q owner, Ben Affleck, wakes to find his barbecue missing and that he is the number one suspect. Spoilers; the grill had grill-napped itself
Genre – *the title was written and partially rubbed out*
Now You See Me, Now You Don’t: A Documentary
Genre – Uri Geller assembles a real-life magician dream team to wipe the collective memory of film-goers everywhere who saw the Now You See Me films
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. How many miners befriend/enslave Snow White in Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs
2. What are the titles of the Dark Knight trilogy (one point per correct answer)
BATMAN BEGINS / THE DARK KNIGHT / THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
3. Who played the title role in Pretty Woman?
4. The colony in A Bug’s Life is made up of what type of insect?
5. What colour is James Kirk’s uniform in Star Trek Into Darkness? (one point per correct answer)
YELLOW / GREY (ship uniform / officer’s uniform)
6. What is the name of Vin Diesel’s character in The Fast And The Furious?
7. Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves first starred together in which film?
BILL AND TED’S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE
8. The following quote is from which film, “This is Natalya. She is my sister. She is number four prostitute in all of Kazakhstan”?
9. Who composed the respective scores for Spider-Man, Batman, Avengers: Age Of Ultron and Justice League?
10. Titanic is set in which decade?
ROUND II: Filming [Missing People/Disappearance Special]
1. Who directed Prisoners? Duncan Jones? Denis Villeneuve? Sam Menses?
2.The Silence Of The Lambs was released in which year? 1989? 1991? 1993?
3. Gone Baby Gone is set in which US city? New York? Baltimore? Boston?
4. Which of the following did not appear in Shutter Island? Mark Ruffalo? Max Von Sydow? Michael Caine?
5. How many years passed between the Swedish and American releases of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo? 2? 4? 7?
6. 2006’s Silent Hill is an adaptation of the video game of the same name that was released exclusively on which console? PlayStation? XBox? Dreamcast?
7. Who played the British academic scientist in 1998’s Phantoms, alongside Rose McGowan and Ben Affleck? Patrick Stewart? Peter O’Toole? Richard Harris?
8. What is the title of the 1938 Alfred Hitchcock film about a young lady looking for her missing travelling companion on a train? The Lady Vanishes? The Empty Seat? Ticket For One?
THE LADY VANISHES
9. What is the name given to the quarantined zone in Alex Garland’s Annihilation? The Shimmer? Alpha Site? The Barrier?
10. Ron Howard was fired from 2003’s The Missing but as most of the film was shot and the new director was more difficult to work with, Howard was re-hired. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What did Stanley Kubrick direct in between The Shining and Eyes Wide Shut?
FULL METAL JACKET
2. What is the prince’s name in Beauty And The Beast?
3. Who directed the 1995 remake of Village Of The Damned?
4. How many films have Russell Crowe and Leonardo Di Caprio appeared in together?
TWO (The Quick And The Dead / Body Of Lies)
5. What two words are written on the pupil’s eyelids in Raiders Of The Lost Ark?
6. Aladdin was released in 1992 in America. What year was it released in the UK?
7. Al Pacino played the role of Carlito Brigante in which film?
8. The following quote is from which film, “You could learn from this guy, Gaff. He’s a goddamn one man slaughterhouse”?
9. What is Jean Val-Jean’s serial number in Les Miserables?
10. What are the titles of the two Disney films that featured Angela Lansbury? (one point per correct answer)
BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS / BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. How many presents does Dudley receive in Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone? 22? 36? 48?
2. In which film did Robin Williams play English teacher John Keating? Seize The Day? Dead Again? Dead Poet’s Society?
DEAD POET’S SOCIETY
3. What is the title of the 2013 Boston marathon bombing film starring Mark Wahlberg? Lone Survivor? Patriot’s Day? Mile 22?
4. Who voices the role of the Wolf Man in Hotel Transylvania? Steve Buscemi? David Spade? Kevin James?
5. Who directed Stand By Me? Rob Reiner? Tobe Hooper? Frank Darabont?
6. Which of the following is not a Godzilla film? Monster Invasion From Below? Godzilla Raids Again? Destroy All Monsters?
MONSTER INVASION FROM BELOW
7. Robocop was released in which year? 1984? 1987? 1989?
8. Which of the following did not appear in Ridley Scott’s Exodus: Gods And Kings? John Turturro? Jeff Goldblum? Sigourney Weaver?
9. Which infinity stone was housed in Loki’s sceptre in The Avengers? Mind? Space? Time?
10. Steven Spielberg never records director’s commentaries for DVD or Blu-Ray. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Pearl Harbour / Underworld: Evolution / The Aviator / Total Recall
Poster: Much Ado About Nothing
Actor: Kate Beckinsale