[07 October 2018]
The Shawshank Confusion
Genre – Andy Dufresne, Deckard, Harry Potter and Hellboy escape prison through a hole behind a Star Wars poster
Genre – A Mayan poster artist must draw art in order to save his failing civilisation
Desperately Seeking Struzan
Genre – Documentary covering Hollywood’s rush to make all movie posters look like the successful ones for Star Wars and Indiana Jones
Desperately Seeking Film Knowledge
Genre – a noir classic about two time travellers who end up in 2018 at a film quiz in Norwich totally clueless as to what’s going on
A Star Is Drawn
Genre – Animated family film
A Star Wars Is Born
Genre – A space opera with signing! Hard drinking country singer Han Solo’s life is changed forever when he meets Like Skywalker, a beautiful young Jedi singer in the Mos Eisley cantina
Loft In Transition
Genre – Bill Murray has a midlife crisis and travels the world with his photo albums and Christmas decorations
The (Not So) Incredibles
Genre – Superhero
Fellowship Of The Onion Ring
Genre – Comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Inglourious Basterds took its title from which 1978 film?
2. What colour are the Na’vi in Avatar?
3. What is the name of Sherlock Holmes’ partner, played by Jude Law, in the 2009 Guy Ritchie film Sherlock Holmes?
DR JOHN WATSON
4. Who voiced the role of Baloo in 2016’s The Jungle Book?
5. Jyn Erso is the lead character in which Star Wars film?
6. The Theory Of Everything is a biopic about which individual?
7. Who played the lead role in Roland Emmerich’s 2012?
8. Maleficent was released in which year?
9. Up There, I’m Super and Blame Canada are songs from which film?
SOUTH PARK: BIGGER, LONGER & UNCUT
10. Who directed The Breakfast Club?
ROUND II: Filming [Drew Struzan Special]
1. What is the title of the sequel to Blade Runner? Blade Runner 2? Blade Runner 2019? Blade Runner 2049?
BLADE RUNNER 2049
2. The following quote is from which film, “All they found of him was a muddy set of prison clothes, a bar of soap and an old rock hammer damn near worn down to the nub”? Out Of Sight? The Shawshank Redemption? Escape From Alcatraz?
THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
3. Which Indiana Jones film is set in 1935? Raiders Of The Lost Ark? Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom? Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade?
INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM
4. What is the name of Smollett’s ship in Muppet Treasure Island? Hispaniola? Henrietta? Pequod?
5. What was the nickname given to the electric chair in The Green Mile? The Hot Seat? Big Smoky? Old Sparky?
6. What is the name of the leader of the lost boys in Hook? Rufio? Ace? Pockets? [bonus point for naming who Peter puts in charge at the end of Hook]
RUFIO [Thud Butt]
7. Which 90s pulp comic hero adaptation features a hero nicknamed “the man who never dies”? The Rocketeer? The Shadow? The Phantom?
8. Where do the goonies get their name from in The Goonies? From the school mascot named Goon? Local Oregon slang for children? Their houses are located in an area called the Goon Docks?
THEIR HOUSES ARE LOCATED IN AN AREA CALLED THE GOON DOCKS
9. The following quote is from which film, “There is no good and evil. There is only power and those too weak to seek it”? Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone? Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets? Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban?
HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER’S STONE
10. At the start of The Crocodile Hunter, the MGM lion is replaced with a crocodile. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Les Miserables takes place over how many years?
2. What two films did Steven Spielberg direct in 2005? (one point per correct answer)
WAR OF THE WORLDS / MUNICH
3. Which actor played the lead antagonist in Fast & Furious 6?
LUKE EVANS (Owen Shaw)
4. The following is a quote from which film, ” What’s your boggle, friend?”?
5. What is the name of the film in which Will Smith plays a professional dating consultant, trying to help Kevin James?
6. Tai Lung, Mr Ping and Grand Master Oogway are characters in which film?
KUNG FU PANDA
7. What is the subtitle of the fourth Police Academy film?
CITIZENS ON PATROL
8. Which film starred Anton Yelchin, Patrick Stewart and Imogen Poots?
9. In Coming To America, Prince Akeem Joffer decides to leave Africa and travel to the US on which birthday?
HIS TWENTY FIRST
10. How many dream levels are featured in the main heist at the end of Inception?
FOUR (rainy van chase / hotel / snow fortress / limbo)
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following did not appear in The Cannonball Run? Jackie Chan? Jane Fonda? Dean Martin?
2. What was the title of the 1987 live-action He-Man film? He-Man? Heroes Of Grayskull? Masters Of The Universe?
MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
3. *Batteries Not Included was released in which year? 1981? 1987? 1994?
4. The club, Ray’s Boom Boom Room, is featured in which Eddie Murphy film? Life? Dreamgirls? Harlem Nights?
5. Harry And The Hendersons was released as what in the UK? The Missing Link? Bigfoot And The Hendersons? Meet Harry?
BIGFOOT AND THE HENDERSONS
6. What is the name of Kurt Russell’s character in Big Trouble In Little China? Jack Burton? John Ruth? Stephen McCaffrey?
7. What instrument is Daryl playing while performing his duet with Jane in The Witches Of Eastwick? Saxophone? Violin? Piano?
8. What action is used in The Sting to show that people are in on the con? Tipping your hat? Stroking your chin? Tapping your nose?
TAPPING YOUR NOSE
9. The following quote is from which film, “My partner is a belligerent asshole with his back up against a wall.. and now, so am I”? Drive? LA Confidential? Wall Street?
10. A theatrical sequel to 1996’s Casper was cancelled at the last minute due to new 20th Century Fox executives feeling family films about the supernatural were corrupting children. True or False?
FALSE (two direct to video sequels were released)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: A Few Good Men / Margin Call / Beavis And Butt-Head Do America / Ghost
Poster: St Elmo’s Fire
Actor: Demi Moore