[17 June 2018]
Genre – An actor’s tongue knows no limits
Jeremy Irons… His Pants
Genre – Jeremy Irons plays an ancient Japanese vocal coach who teaches Keira Knightley to speak proper via a series of menial household chores
Je N’Ais Pas Un Quiz Nom
Genre – Lingual art-house
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. The Lone Wolf And Cub films are based on which manga series?
LONE WOLF AND CUB
2. In Liar Liar, what is Jim Carrey’s character incapable of doing, thanks to his son’s birthday wish?
3. What is the title of the sequel to Finding Nemo?
4. How many Godfather films have been released to date?
5. Who directed Invictus, Mystic River and The Outlaw Josey Wales?
6. Who played the lead role in Father Of The Bride?
7. Jack Nicholson played the role of Jack Torrence in which horror adaptation?
8. Unbreakable was released in which year?
9. What is the name of Sean Connery’s character in Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade?
HENRY JONES SNR
10. In which film does Jon Voight play a male prostitute, living with a con man played by Dustin Hoffman?
ROUND II: Filming [British Actors Doing Non-British Accents Special]
1. [Alan Rickman] What is the name of Alan Rickman’s character in Die Hard? Colonel Stuart? Simon Gruber? Hans Gruber?
2. [Benedict Cumberbatch] Which Avenger cameos in the mid-credits sequence at the end of Doctor Strange? Steve Rogers? Thor Odinson? Bruce Banner?
3. [Idris Elba] What is the subtitle to the 2013 biopic, Mandela? Long Walk To Freedom? No Easy Walk To Freedom? Dare Not Linger?
LONG WALK TO FREEDOM
4. [Daniel Day Lewis] Which of the following did not appear in Lincoln? Adam Driver? Andrew Garfield? Joseph Gordon-Levitt?
5. [David Oyelowo] Who directed The Last King Of Scotland? Kevin Macdonald? Neil Marshall? Tony Gilroy?
6. [Daniel Kaluuya] What is Chris’ profession in Get Out? Architect? Waiter? Photographer?
7. [Anthony Hopkins] The Silence Of The Lambs was released in which year? 1990? 1991? 1992?
8. [John Boyega] What is the name of the salt-covered planet with an abandoned rebel base in Star Wars: The Last Jedi? Crait? Dathomir? Jakku?
9. [Kate Winslet] Which director did not act as producer on Stephen Daldry’s The Reader? Anthony Minghella? Sydney Pollack? Neil Jordan?
10. [Daniel Craig] The lead character in the 1998 comic Road To Perdition was drawn with the likeness of Tom Hanks, who was coincidentally cast in the lead role in the 2002 film of the same name. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which film featured Toni Collette, Bryan Cranston, Greg Kinnear and Steve Carell?
LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE
2. The 1948 classic Bicycle Thieves is set in which country?
3. The following quote is from which film, “You have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself, you are more than what you have become”?
THE LION KING
4. What did Wes Anderson direct in between Rushmore and The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou?
THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS
5. The Pursuit Of Happyness is set in which decade?
6. Viggo Mortensen appeared in which John Hillcoat adaptation of a Cormac McCarthy novel?
7. Which universal classic horror film did James Whale direct in 1931?
8. Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal played the co-leads in which 2013 film?
9. Who directed The Tree Of Life?
10. Which child actress/singer appeared in Tim Burton’s 2003 film Big Fish credited under her birth name of Destiny?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the title of the Sofia Coppola film about an actor suffering an existential crisis starring Stephen Dorff and Elle Fanning? Nowhere? Everywhere? Somewhere?
2. Which Pixar film doesn’t feature the Pizza Planet delivery truck? Monsters Inc? Finding Nemo? The Incredibles?
3. Which of the following did not star Audrey Hepburn? Send Me No Flowers? Sabrina? Paris When It Sizzles?
SEND ME NO FLOWERS
4. Who played the lead role in To Kill A Mockingbird? Gregory Peck? Rock Hudson? Cary Grant?
5. The following quote is from which film, “Let me understand. They’d put up all the money, I’d do all the work. But what, if you don’t mind my asking, would you do”? The Wolf Of Wall Street? The Big Lebowski? Schindler’s List?
6. Starred Up predominantly takes place in what kind of building? Factory? Shopping mall? Prison?
7. What was the title of Yasujiro’s Ozu’s final film, released in 1962? An Autumn Afternoon? Good Morning? Tokyo Twilight?
AN AUTUMN AFTERNOON
8. 1994’s Legends Of The Fall, starring Anthony Hopkins and Brad Pitt was originally going to be a starring vehicle for which two actors? Tom Skerritt and Johnny Depp? Sam Elliott and Ben Affleck? Sean Connery and Tom Cruise?
SEAN CONNERY AND TOM CRUISE
9. Which of the following songs was not covered in the 2015 film Pan? Smells Like Teen Spirit? London Calling? Blitzkrieg Bop?
10. To maintain an authentic performance in Life Is Beautiful, Roberto Benigni insisted that the young Giorgio Cantarini would not be told by the cast or crew that the events taking place weren’t real. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: From Dusk Til Dawn / Frida / Puss In Boots / Across The Universe
Actor: Salma Hayek