[08 March 2020]
Genre – Marv and the gang decide that weapons are futile and that the future of pain resides in a short, sharp twatting of the tibia
By The Power Of Grey Scale!
Genre – fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said “Reduce saturation!”
The Piss Artist
Genre – comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Starsky & Hutch is an adaptation of which TV series?
STARSKY & HUTCH
2. The following quote is from which film, “I’m the king of the world”?
3. Who directed The Terminal?
4. Who played the role of Marty McFly in Back To The Future?
MICHAEL J FOX
5. Which film featured the character Negasonic Teenage Warhead?
6. What type of animal is Flower in Bambi?
7. Which actor has played the roles of Queen Elizabeth I, Katharine Hepburn, Lady Marian, Kaa and Hela?
8. What is the full title of the sequel to The Lego Movie?
THE LEGO MOVIE 2: THE SECOND PART
9. How many Amazing Spider-Man films were released?
10. What is the name of Kelly Marie Tran’s character in Star Wars: The Last Jedi?
ROUND II: Filming [Modern B/W Films]
1. Who directed Manhattan? Sidney Lumet? Roman Polanski? Woody Allen?
2. Frankenweenie was released in which year? 2008? 2012? 2016?
3. Who played the title role in The Elephant Man? Patrick Stewart?John Hurt? Malcolm McDowell?
4. What is the title that Schindler’s List is based on? Schindler’s Role? Schindler’s Workers? Schindler’s Ark?
5. Good Night, And Good Luck is set in which decade? 1940s? 1950s? 1960s?
6. Throughout Raging Bull we see Jake living in two cities, which of the following is not one of them? Chicago? Miami? New York?
7. What trademark look does Valentin give Peppy in The Artist? A diamond barrette? Beauty spot drawn on her face? Very dark shade of lipstick?
BEAUTY MARK DRAWN ON HER FACE
8. What career is Frances aspiring to in Frances Ha? Painter? Writer? Dancer?
9. The following is a quote from which film, “Heard about the guy who fell off a skyscraper? On his way down, past each floor, he kept saying to reassure himself: so far, so good”? La Haine? The Man Who Wasn’t There? The White Ribbon?
10. Despite being set in Iran, A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night was shot in California. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. How many faces appear on the poster for Raiders Of The Lost Ark (excluding skulls carved in stone, angels and actual skulls)?
NINE (Jones 2x, Marion 2x, Belloq 2x, Toht, Dietrich, Terry Richards as “Arab Swordsman”)
2. Which film featured the character Nick Carraway? [bonus points for naming any of the actors who have portrayed him]
THE GREAT GATSBY [Neil Hamilton 1926, Macdonald Carey 1949, Sam Waterston 1974, Tobey Maguire 2013]
3. What is the name of the building that Die Hard is predominantly set in?
4. Which actor has played the roles of William Shakespeare, Martin Luther, Bassanio and Commisar Danilov?
5. What is the title of the sequel to Akira Kurosawa’s Yojimbo?
6. What animal does Bruce Willis voice in the 2006 adaptation Over The Hedge?
RACCOON (named RJ)
7. The following quote is from which film, “Any dreams you have, or plans, or hopes for the future, I think you’re going to have to put that on hold. For the rest of your life you’re going to be looking over your shoulder. I’m just telling you this because I want you to know the truth”?
8. What is the name of Daniel Craig’s character in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo?
9. Who played the role of Arnim Zola in Captain America: The First Avenger and The Winter Soldier?
10. Who directed Marriage Story?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the title of the sequel to Resident Evil: Extinction? Afterlife? Retribution? The Final Chapter?
RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE
2. How many biological children does Vito Corleone have in The Godfather? 3? 4? 6?
FOUR (Santino, Frederico, Constanzia, Michael)
3. What is the name of the high school in 1976’s Carrie? Bates High School? Price High School? Talbot High School?
BATES HIGH SCHOOL
4. What is the name of Kurt Russell’s character in Furious 7 and The Fate Of The Furious? Cipher? Mr Nobody? Major Boswell?
5. The following quote is from which film, “To those of you who know me, you will be aware by now that my ambition is unlimited. You know that I will settle for nothing short of greatness or I will die trying”? Prometheus? Steve Jobs? Master & Commander?
6. Which film featured the character Walter Sobchak? The Muppets (2011)? The Big Lebowski? Gran Torino?
THE BIG LEBOWSKI
7. Who played the role of the older Will Robinson in 1998’s Lost In Space? Tim Roth? Jared Harris? Eric Stoltz?
8. 2002’s City Of God is set in which country? Argentina? Mexico? Brazil?
9. Which of the following actors did not appear in Isle Of Dogs? Jason Schwartzman? Edward Norton? Owen Wilson?
10. The four principal characters in Hereditary (Toni Collette, Alex Wolff, Milly Shapiro and Gabriel Byrne) had never worked together and production had to be delayed a month to allow them to go on a trip together to bond. True or False?
FALSE (Wolff and Byrne had worked together and Shapiro and Wolff went to the same school)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Doubt / Fences / Ender’s Game / Out Of Sight
Poster: Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close
Actor: Viola Davis