[29 December 2019]
Gangs Of New Year
Genre – Very violent celebrations
Genre – Comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Which Bond film features the Duran Duran song A View To A Kill?
A VIEW TO A KILL
2. In 1935 Fox Film Corporation and 20th Century Pictures merged to form which company?
20TH CENTURY FOX
3. What is the name of the villain in Disney’s Peter Pan?
4. What is the subtitle of the second Hobbit movie?
THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG
5. What were the names of the four lead characters in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? (one point per correct answer)
LEONARDO / DONATELLO / RAPHAEL / MICHAELANGELO
6. The following quote is from which film, “I ate his liver with some faba beans and a nice chianti”?
THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
7. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “The circle of life”
THE LION KING
8. What is the title of the 2007 comedy about teen pregnancy starring Ellen Page and Michael Cera?
9. What did Guy Ritchie direct after Sherlock Holmes?
SHERLOCK HOLMES: A GAME OF SHADOWS
10. What device is used to exit the matrix, in the film of the same name?
ROUND II: Filming [New Years Films]
1. What was the title of the remake of The Poseidon Adventure? Adrift? SOS? Poseidon?
2. Bridget Jones’ Diary was released in which year? 1998? 2001? 2005?
3. Who played the lead role in 1999’s End Of Days? Joaquin Phoenix? Arnold Schwarzenegger? Viggo Mortensen?
4. Which of the Ghostbusters gets possessed by Vigo in Ghostbusters II? Peter? Ray? Egon?
5. Who directed Boogie Nights? Paul Thomas Anderson? Lars Von Trier? Steven Soderbergh?
PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON
6. The opening scene of The Godfather Part II is about which character? Michael Corleone? Vito Corleone? Hyman Roth?
7. What commodity is traded in the final scene of Trading Places, leading the Duke brothers to bankruptcy? Cigars? Orange juice? Polystyrene?
8. Which of the following did not appear in New Year’s Eve? Jon Bon Jovi? Jack Black? Sarah Jessica Parker?
9. In the very last shot of the original Ocean’s 11, what is written on the billboard in the background? The names of the Rat Pack? An explainer note that the film is over and to go home? Marlboro Cigarettes?
THE NAMES OF THE RAT PACK
10. In When Harry Met Sally the infamous line “I’ll have what she’s having” was delivered by Rob Reiner’s mother. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What does Borat use to travel across America in Borat?
ICE CREAM VAN
2. Who appeared in The Fifth Element, Dead Presidents and Jackie Brown?
3. The following quote is from which film, “Fifty, sixty miles an hour, if they ever got out into the open and they’re astonishing jumpers”?
4. The following is the poster tagline for which film: Mischief, Mayhem, Soap?
5. What was stolen from Pee-Wee Herman in Pee-Wee Herman’s Big Adventure?
6. Jason And The Argonauts was released in which year?
7. In The Wizard Of Oz, what shape is the cowardly lion’s medal of courage?
8. Haddonfield is the setting for which film series?
9. Matt Damon and Matthew McConaughey appeared together in which two films?
INTERSTELLAR / GLORY DAZE
10. The History Boys, Four Lions and The Full Monty are all set in which UK city?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What are the names of Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda’s characters in Easy Rider? George & Dean? Billy & Wyatt? Frank & Charlie?
BILLY & WYATT
2. The following quote is from which Alec Baldwin film, “You ask me if I have a God complex? Let me tell you something: I am God.” The Shadow? Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within? Malice?
3.Which actor appeared The Other Boleyn Girl, The Spongebob Squarepants Movie and Sing? Scarlett Johansson? Anna Kendrick? Amy Adams?
4. What did Terry Gilliam direct after Monty Python And The Holy Grail? Time Bandits? Jabberwocky? Brazil?
5. How many times has Ben-Hur been adapted into a movie? 2? 5? 12?
FIVE (1907, 1925, 1959, 2003, 2016)
6. Adam Yates is the name of John Cusack’s character in which film? Being John Malkovich? Hot Tub Time Machine? High Fidelity?
HOT TUB TIME MACHINE
7. Brokeback Mountain was released in which year? 2002? 2005? 2008?
8. What was the title of the first films released by Dreamworks in 1997? MouseHunt? The Peacemaker? Small Soldiers?
9. How many films has Jeremy Irons directed? 0? 3? 7?
NONE (excluding one made-for-TV short)
10. Sean Connery was originally credited as Sean Conners in his first four film appearances. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Mirror Mirror / Cars 3 / The Social Network / Hotel Mumbai
Poster: Call Me By Your Name
Actor: Armie Hammer