[01 December 2019]
Genre – An all-female samurai epic
The One: Starring Jet Me
Genre – A nameless warrior abandoned by his friends attends the quiz on his own
Street Shiter XVII
Genre – Comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the Wakandan hero in Black Panther?
2. What is the name of the lead character in Casino Royale?
3. Lost In Translation is set in which country?
4. Big, Forrest Gump, Toy Story and The Terminal all starred which actor?
5. Who directed Fargo?
THE COEN BROTHERS / JOEL & ETHAN COEN
6. Who played the role of Saruman in The Lord Of The Rings?
7. What is the title of David Fincher’s movie about Mark Zuckerberg and the founding of Facebook?
THE SOCIAL NETWORK
8. Which Indiana Jones film featured Sean Connery?
INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE
9. The Great Danton and The Professor practice what on stage in The Prestige?
10. What is the name of the film in which Patrick Swayze plays a dance instructor at a Catskills mountain resort?
ROUND II: Filming [Asian Actresses]
1. [Chiaki Kuriyama] Battle Royale is an adaptation of what? Novel? Manga? TV Series?
2. [Rinko Kikuchi] What is the name of the main Jaeger mech in Pacific Rim? Cherno Alpha? Gipsy Danger? Crimson Typhoon?
3. [Zhang Ziyi] What is the subtitle for the sequel to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon? Five Deadly Venoms? Sword Of Destiny? Iron Monkey?
SWORD OF DESTINY
4. [Awkwafina] Which of the following did not appear in Ocean’s 8? Helena Bonham Carter? Dakota Fanning? Patricia Arquette?
5. [Satomi Ishihara] In Shin Godzilla what colour does Godzilla turn when using its atomic breath? Green? Purple? Yellow?
6. [Gemma Chan] Who directed Mary Queen Of Scots? Josie Rourke? Phyllida Lloyd? Julie Taymor?
7. [Maggie Cheung] At the start of Hero, Nameless claims to have killed the assassins who attempted to kill the king of Qin, presenting their weapons as proof. How many assassins were there? 3? 4? 5?
THREE (Long Sky, Flying Snow and Broken Sword)
8. [Min-hee Kim] The Handmaiden is an adaptation of which novel? Hilary Mantel’s Wolf Hall? Sarah Waters’ Fingersmith? Margaret Atwood’s The Blind Assassin?
9. [Zhao Wei] John Woo’s epic war film Red Cliff was split into how many parts? 2? 3? 4?
10. [Ji-min Han] 2016’s The Age Of Shadows was the first Korean language film produced by Warner Bros. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Meryl Streep, Chris Pine, Anna Kendrick, Emily Blunt and Johnny Depp starred in which movie? INTO THE WOODS
2. The following quote is from which film, “I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora and then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora”?
THE THREE AMIGOS
3. Who directed THX1138?
4. How many exes does Ramona have in Scott Pilgrim Vs The World (including Scott)?
5. Waterworld was released in which year?
6. How many films has George Clooney directed?
SIX (Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind, Good Night And Good Luck, Leatherheads, The Ides Of March, The Monuments Men, Suburbicon)
7. Which film featured a medley of Smells Like Teen Spirit, Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi and the Can Can called Zidler’s Rap?
8. How many From Dusk Til Dawn films have been made to date?
9. What is the name of the big game hunter, leading Ludlow’s expedition in The Lost World: Jurassic Park?
10. Where is Michael Jordan when he is taken to the Looney Tunes’ world in Space Jam?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the name of the film in which Christina Ricci plays a girl with a pig’s nose? Cassandra? Ariana? Penelope?
2. What is Duke reporting on in Las Vegas at the start of Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas? Motorbike race? War protests? Insurance conference?
3. What is the name of the tortured police officer in Reservoir Dogs? Marvin Nash? Freddy Newandyke? Larry Dimmick?
4. O Brother, Where Art Thou? is based on which classic tale? The Iliad? The Odyssey? Gilgamesh?
5. How many people have directed the five Bourne films? 2? 3? 5?
THREE (Doug Liman, Paul Greengrass, Tony Gilroy)
6. What is the subtitle to The Princess Diaries 2? Royal Engagement? Long Live The Queen? New Rule?
7. What is the name of Robert De Niro’s character in Stardust? Captain Stormhold? Captain Shakespeare? Captain Sparrow?
8. Which of the following films didn’t feature a Robert Patrick cameo as the T-1000? Wayne’s World? Clueless? Last Action Hero?
9. The D-Day scenes in Saving Private Ryan were shot in which country? Croatia? Denmark? Ireland?
10. The Nutty Professor is the only Eddie Murphy film (in a leading role) to make over $200 million. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Crazy Rich Asians / Tomorrow Never Dies / Memoirs Of A Geisha / Sunshine
Poster: Babylon AD
Actor: Michelle Yeoh