[06 October 2019]
Genre – the retirement home for former celebrity aliens including Alf, Mork and Marvin The Martian
Ad For An Astra
Genre – low budget Brad Pitt film where he tries to sell an old Vauxhall
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. A History Of Violence is an adaptation of which comic?
A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE
2. What is the subtitle of the third Captain America film?
3. Who played the lead role in Gladiator?
4. What is the name of Aaron Eckhart’s character in The Dark Knight?
HARVEY DENT / TWO FACE
5. Sully, Mike and Boo are characters in which Pixar film?
6. Which three actors have portrayed the Genie in Disney’s Aladdin? (one point per correct answer)
ROBIN WILLIAMS / WILL SMITH / DAN CASTELLANETA
7. In which film does Marlon Brando play the head of an Italian crime family?
8. The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King was released in which year?
9. Morgan Freeman, Clancy Brown, Tim Robbins, William Sadler and Bob Gunton starred in which 1994 film?
THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
10. Who directed Hugo?
ROUND II: Filming [Science Fiction]
1. Who played the lead role in The Butterfly Effect? Emile Hirsch? Zach Braff? Ashton Kutcher?
2. What is Eddie’s job in Limitless? Programmer? Author? Accountant?
3. What is the name of Marty’s mother in Back To The Future? Lois? Lorraine? Elaine?
4. Minority Report is set in which year? 2021? 2054? 2079?
5. In The Matrix, scenes in the real world are tinted blue while scenes in the matrix itself are tinted green. The training program where Neo first fights Morpheus is tinted what colour? Red? Yellow? Grey (desaturated)?
6. At the start of Gattaca, Vincent’s parents are given a life expectancy of how many years? 20? 30? 40?
7. How many characters from Blade Runner appear in Blade Runner 2049? 2? 3? 4?
THREE (Deckard, Rachel, Gaff)
8. Solaris was released in which year? 1962? 1972? 1982? [bonus point for the release year of the remake]
9. The chief hominid man-ape at the start of 2001: A Space Odyssey has a name. What is it? Moonwatcher? Stargazer? Spacestarer?
10. The order of the bug planet invasions in Starship Troopers spell out the initials of the novel’s author. True or False?
FALSE (Robert A Heinlein – Klendathu, Tango Urilla, Planet P)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Who appeared in Sing, Kubo And The Two Strings, The Wolf Of Wall Street and Magic Mike?
2. The following quote is from which film, “Stopped they must be. On this all depends.”?
STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
3. Who directed Ex Machina?
4. Who plays the Red October’s first officer Vasily Borodin in The Hunt For Red October?
5. Seventeen cast faces feature on the poster for The Grand Budapest Hotel plus one additional item in the eighteenth box. What is it?
6. Ed, Liz, Dianne, David, Barbara, Philip and Shaun are characters in which film?
SHAUN OF THE DEAD
7. Malcolm McDowell played the lead role in which two 1971 films? (one point per correct answer)
THE RAGING MOON / A CLOCKWORK ORANGE
8. How many Rush Hour films have been made to date?
9. Trainspotting was released in which year?
10. Which three actors played the central roles in 1956’s Giant? (one point per correct answer)
ELIZABETH TAYLOR / ROCK HUDSON / JAMES DEAN
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The following quote is from which film, “Every day for the last three weeks you’ve been coming in here and you’ve been asking me how the tuna is. Now, it was crappy yesterday, it was crappy the day before and guess what, it hasn’t changed.”? Pixels? Raging Bull? The Fast And The Furious?
THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS
2. 12 Angry Men was released in which year? 1942? 1957? 1966?
3. City Of God is set in which country? Brazil? South Africa? Pakistan?
4. Which of the following is not a Studio Ghibli film? The Wind Rises? Wolf Children? Only Yesterday?
5. Who directed The Seventh Seal? Werner Herzog? Ingmar Bergman? Wim Wenders?
6. In Seven, the first body Somerset and Mills find is associated with which deadly sin? Sloth? Gluttony? Greed?
7. Terminator 2 is set how many years before Judgment Day? 5? 2? 1?
8. Where is Miles when he is bitten by a radioactive spider in Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse? School? A lab? The subway?
9. What did Disney Animation Studios release in 2007? Chicken Little? Meet The Robinsons? Bolt?
MEET THE ROBINSONS
10. Indiana Jones’ middle name is Walton. True or False?
TRUE (Henry Walton Jones Jr)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: The Mummy Returns / Constantine / The Bourne Legacy / The Lobster
Poster: Enemy At The Gates
Actor: Rachel Weisz