[25 August 2019]
The Young Victoria
Where The Wild Things Are
Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince
The Princess And The Frog
Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs
A Single Man
ROUND I: 2009
1. 2019’s Zombieland: Double Tap is the sequel to which film?
2. What was the highest grossing film of all time before being dethroned by Avengers: Endgame?
3. Which Twilight film was released in 2009?
TWILIGHT: NEW MOON
4. Who directed the 2009 adaptation of Sherlock Holmes?
5. Carl Frederickson and Russell are the lead characters in which Pixar film?
6. Which Roland Emmerich disaster film was released in 2009?
7. Which Fast and Furious film was released in 2009?
FAST & FURIOUS
8. Who played the role of Captain Kirk in the 2009 reboot of Star Trek?
9. Which film starring Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis was released in 2009?
10. What is the name of Christoph Waltz’s character from Inglourious Basterds?
COL. HANS LANDA (Standartenfuhrer)
ROUND II: 1999
1. Which of the following is not one of The Nebuchadnezzar’s crew in The Matrix? Switch? Link? Apoc?
LINK (who only appeared in the sequels)
2. What is the 8th rule of Fight Club? Fights will go on as long as they have to? One fight at a time? If this is your first night, you have to fight?
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST NIGHT, YOU HAVE TO FIGHT
3. Which of the following quotes is not from The Blair Witch Project? Wicked Witch of the West was the bad one? You’ve betrayed us all beyond. Way fucking beyond? If you don’t believe in the Blair Witch then why the hell did you come along? [bonus point for naming the film the other quote came from]
IF YOU DON’T BELIEVE IN THE BLAIR WITCH THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU COME ALONG [Book Of Shadows: Blair Witch 2]
4. What was the highest grossing film of 1999? Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace? The World Is Not Enough? American Beauty?
STAR WARS: EPISODE I – THE PHANTOM MENACE
5. Malcolm Crowe is the lead character in which film? Being John Malkovich? The Sixth Sense? The Cider House Rules?
THE SIXTH SENSE
6. In Notting Hill, Anna and Will bond over a painting by which artist? Marc Chagall? Paul Cezanne? Paul Gauguin?
7. Sleepy Hollow is set in which year? 1799? 1849? 1899?
8. What is the name of the prison in The Green Mile? Cold Mountain Penitentiary? Fox River State Penitentiary? Litchfield Correctional Facility?
COLD MOUNTAIN PENITENTIARY
9. What was the title of the Oscar winning song by Phil Collins, for Tarzan? You’ll Be In My Heart? When You Believe? If I Didn’t Have You?
YOU’LL BE IN MY HEART
10. What type of shop do George and Ella run in East Is East? Florists? Fish And Chip Shop? Newsagents?
FISH AND CHIP SHOP
ROUND III: 1989
1. What is the name of the photojournalist played by Kim Basinger in Batman?
2. 1989’s The Abyss is set in “the future” but which year specifically?
3. What is Henry Jones Snr afraid of in Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade?
4. Wayne Szalinski is the lead character in which 1989 film?
HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS
5. Which Friday The 13th film was released in 1989?
FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN
6. At the start of Back To The Future: Part II, what date does Doc take Marty and Jennifer to? (one point per section)
21ST OCTOBER 2015
7. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Somewhere, under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy”?
THE LITTLE MERMAID
8. Who directed Uncle Buck?
9. What are the title character’s surnames in Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure? (one point per correct answer)
LOGAN / PRESTON
10. What is the name of the Brian De Palma Vietnam war film starring Michael J Fox and Sean Penn?
CASUALTIES OF WAR
ROUND IV: 1979
1. After Kane, which is the first character to die in Alien? Brett? Lambert? Dallas?
2. When does The Warriors start? Dusk? Midnight? Dawn?
3. Which of the following did not appear in Apocalypse Now? James Caan? R Lee Ermey? Harrison Ford?
4. Who played the lead roles in Kramer Vs Kramer? Meryl Streep and Dustin Hoffman? Sally Field and Martin Sheen? Diane Keaton and Woody Allen?
MERYL STREEP AND DUSTIN HOFFMAN
5. Which Bond film was released in 1979? The Spy Who Loved Me? For Your Eyes Only? Moonraker?
6. Who played the lead role in All That Jazz? Richard Dreyfuss? Roy Scheider? Robert Shaw?
7. Who do Frank and the others use to tunnel through the walls in Escape From Alcatraz? Spoons? Toothbrush handles? Scissors?
8. The Muppet Movie is a road trip movie but what is their destination? New York City? Hollywood? Kermit’s swamp in Florida?
9. Which Python portrayed Pontius Pilate in Life Of Brian? Eric Idle? Michael Palin? John Cleese?
10. What is the name of Max’s child in Mad Max? Nipper? Tot? Sprog?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Terminator: Salvation / Born On The Fourth Of July / Easy Rider / The Third Man
Posters: Mickey Blue Eyes / Phantasm
BOUNS MUSIC ROUND
1. 09 Angels & Demons – Hans Zimmer
2. 09 Fantastic Mr Fox – Alexandre Desplat
3. 99 The Mummy – Jerry Goldsmith
4. 99 The Green Mile – Thomas Newman
5. 89 Driving Miss Daisy – Hans Zimmer
6. 89 All Dogs Go To Heaven – Ralph Burns
7. 79 Rocky II – Bill Conti
8. 79 Star Trek The Motion Picture – Jerry Goldsmith
9. 69 Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid – Burt Bacharach
10. 69 Midnight Cowboy – John Barry