[30 June 2019]
Genre – Four teenagers get so drunk that they claim to have had a close encounter of the fourth kind.. it was apparently un-blair-able
My Blair Lady
Genre – Henry Higgins bites off more he can chew when he attempts to make the Blair Witch a high society lady
Genre – Too many drinks and you’re undead
Street Shiter XIII
Genre – Comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween is the sequel to which film?
2. What was the name of Hugh Jackman’s character in the X-Men films?
JAMES HOWLETT / LOGAN / WOLVERINE
3. What colour is Kylo Ren’s lightsabre in The Force Awakens?
4. Cruella de Vil is the villain in which film?
ONE HUNDRED AND ONE DALMATIANS
5. What is the title of the 80s romantic dance film starring Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey?
6. What is the title of the sequel to The Mask?
SON OF THE MASK
7. Which three actors played the lead roles in Goodfellas? (one point per correct answer)
RAY LIOTTA / ROBERT DE NIRO / JOE PESCI
8. The character Baymax appears in which Disney film?
BIG HERO 6
9. In which film did Russell Crowe play Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?
10. What is the name of the 2008 Timur Bekmambetov film starring James McAvoy and Angelina Jolie?
ROUND II: Filming [Handheld Camera Horror]
1. 2014’s As Above, So Below is set in which city? London? Paris? Berlin?
2. Who directed The Visit? M Night Shyamalan? Fede Alvarez? Frank Darabont?
M NIGHT SHYAMALAN
3. Troll Hunter is set in which country? Sweden? Denmark? Norway?
4. How many [Rec] films have been made to date? 4? 5? 7?
FOUR (Rec / Rec 2 / Rec 3 Genesis / Rec 4 Apocalypse)
5. Which character knocks over one of the cairns in The Blair Witch Project? Josh? Mike? Heather?
6. Roughly how much time passes between Rob and Beth’s Coney Island trip and the attack on New York in Cloverfield (which the narrative jumps between as the footage is taped-over)? One week? One month? One year?
7. Which of the three main vampires in What We Do In The Shadows is the oldest? Vladislav (Jemaine Clement)? Viago (Taika Waititi)? Deacon (Jonathan Brugh)?
VLADISLAV 862 (Viago 379 / Deacon 183)
8. Which of the following is the oldest POV horror film? Quarantine? Cannibal Holocaust? The Taking Of Deborah Logan?
CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST – 1980 (Quarantine 2008 / The Taking Of Deborah Logan 2014)
9. Which of the following directors did not record newsreader ADR for Diary Of The Dead? Guillermo Del Toro? Edgar Wright? Wes Craven?
EDGAR WRIGHT (Quentin Tarantino, Wes Craven, Guillermo Del Toro, Simon Pegg and Stephen King)
10. Chernobyl Diaries had its 5 scheduled days filming at the actual Chernobyl site cut to one after the studio contacted the Ukrainian government to intervene and halt production. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. How many Maze Runner films were made? [bonus points for naming the subtitles]
THREE [The Maze Runner / The Scorch Trials / The Death Cure]
2. Michael Fassbender, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Domhnall Gleeson appeared together in which film?
3. “It’s all about… me” is the poster tagline for which Disney animated film?
THE EMPEROR’S NEW GROOVE
4. Who appeared in Monkey Business, The Asphalt Jungle and The Seven Year Itch?
5. The following quote is from which film, “Yes, I’ve heard; kills men by the hundreds. And if he were here, he’d consume the English with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse”?
6. The Peanuts Movie (or Snoopy And Charlie Brown: A Peanuts Movie) was released in which year?
7. Carey Mulligan, Bryan Cranston, Christina Hendricks, Oscar Isaac, Ron Perlman and Ryan Gosling starred in which film?
8. Who directed Looper?
9. What is the title of the WWII drama starring Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard?
10. What did David Fincher direct in between Panic Room and The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. How many Jackass films have been made to date (including Jackass presents features but not straight to DVD releases)? 4? 6? 8?
FOUR (Jackass, Jackass Number Two, Jackass 3D, Jackass Presents Bad Grandpa)
2. The Mask Of Zorro was released in which year? 1995? 1998? 2000?
3. The following quote is from which film, “You better hold on tight spider monkey”? Madagascar? Twilight? Mr Smith Goes To Washington?
4. Kuze, Cutter, Batou, Dr Ouelet and Mira Killian are characters in which film? Chocolat? Ghost In The Shell? Green Street?
GHOST IN THE SHELL
5. Hereditary starts with what family event? Wedding? Funeral? Birthday?
6. How many members of the Howling Commandos are depicted in Captain America: The First Avenger (excluding Cap)? Four? Six? Eight?
SIX (Bucky Barnes, Dum Dum Dugan, Jim Morita, Montgomery Falsworth, Gabriel Jones, Jacques Dernier)
7. Which of the following is not a western? Shane (1953)? The Outlaw (1943)? A Better Tomorrow (1986)?
A BETTER TOMORROW
8. What is the subtitle to the 2001 Disney animated film Atlantis? The Lost Empire? The Hidden World? The Secret Kingdom?
THE LOST EMPIRE
9. Which of the following has not appeared in an Underworld film? Geoffrey Rush? Bill Nighy? Derek Jacobi?
10. The script for Top Gun was about an air force pilot but the USAF didn’t approve of the portrayal of their officers, so it was changed to Navy pilots. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: The Notebook / Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows / Spotlight / Midnight In Paris
Poster: Red Eye
Actor: Rachel McAdams