[16 June 2019]
Dross, Dreck, Drivel
Genre – The three D’s of Uwe Boll
Rock & Boll
Genre – A far cry from cinematic decency that ought to remain alone in the dark
Chaperone In The Dark
Genre – You’ll need one in Uwe’s house
Street Shiter XII
Genre – Comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the title of the movie based on the video game Angry Birds?
THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE
2. The following songs are from which film: Sixteen Going On Seventeen, Edelweiss and Do-Re-Mi?
THE SOUND OF MUSIC
3. Leonidas, Xerxes, Dilios and Gorgo are the lead characters in which film?
4. Who played the Queen of Hearts in Tim Burton’s Alice In Wonderland and its sequel?
HELENA BONHAM CARTER
5. Which film features a discussion about a five dollar milkshake? [bonus point for naming the flavour]
PULP FICTION [generally accepted that the key ingredients are vanilla and banana]
6. Who directed Gran Torino, Mystic River and Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil?
7. What is the title of the He-Man movie released in 1987?
MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
8. Nicolas Cage portrayed Cameron Poe in which 1997 film?
9. The Lego Movie was released in which year?
10. What is the title of the fourth Mission Impossible film?
ROUND II: Filming [Uwe Boll]
1. What is the first film Uwe Boll directed with English dialogue? Amoklauf? Das Erste Semester? Sanctimony?
2. Which of the following Uwe Boll films is not an adaptation of a video game? Rampage? House Of The Dead? Far Cry?
3. In BloodRayne, Rayne is half human half vampire so is only affected by which of the following? The sight of crucifixes? Thirst for human blood? Contact with holy water?
CONTACT WITH HOLY WATER
4. Which of the following was produced by but not directed by Uwe Boll? Tunnel Rats? Zombie Massacre? Blubberella?
5. Which of the following has not appeared in an Uwe Boll film? JK Simmons? Ben Kingsley? Vin Diesel?
6. How many sequels has Uwe Boll directed? 2? 6? 10?
SIX (BloodRayne 2, BloodRayne 3, In The Name Of The King 2, In The Name Of The King 3, Rampage 2, Rampage 3)
7. What is the name of Jason Statham’s character in In The Name Of The King: A Dungeon Siege Tale? Farmer? Thatcher? Weaver?
FARMER (and Camden Konreid)
8. In 2010, Boll made a sport biopic entitled Max Schmeling. What kind of sport was Max part of? Javelin? Boxing? F1 racing?
9. All the body armour worn by Bureau 713 in Alone In The Dark is actually what? American Football padding? Paintball protection wear? Riding supports?
PAINTBALL PROTECTION WEAR
10. Uwe Boll’s first big budget US cinematic release (House Of The Dead) is also his highest grossing film. True or False?
TRUE ($13.8 million dollars, followed by In The Name Of The King at $13.1mil)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What are the things that Bill and Ted respectively see in hell in Bill And Ted’s Bogus Journey? (one point per correct answer)
GRANNY S PRESTON ESQ / THE EASTER BUNNY (not Col. Oats as that hell is shared)
2. In 2013 Leonardo DiCaprio starred in which two films? (one point per correct answer)
THE GREAT GATSBY / THE WOLF OF WALL STREET
3. The following quote is from which film, “We’re on an express elevator to hell, going down”?
4. How many feature length movies make up the Riddick franchise? [bonus point for naming the animated short]
THREE (Pitch Black / The Chronicles Of Riddick / Riddick) [Dark Fury]
5. What is the name of the lead character in The Princess And The Frog?
6. 2018’s The Nun is part of which horror franchise?
7. Which four actors played the co-lead roles in Closer? (one point per correct answer)
NATALIE PORTMAN / JULIA ROBERTS / JUDE LAW / CLIVE OWEN
8. Henry Hill is the lead character in which film?
9. Meg Ryan, John Cusack, Kelsey Grammar and Christopher Lloyd featured in which film?
10. Who played the lead role in Jeanne d’Arc (or The Messenger: The Story Of Joan Of Arc)?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The following quote is from which film, “Take a look at the man beside you. It’s a good bet that in the next six weeks you or he will be dead”? The Right Stuff? Contagion? Pearl Harbour?
2. Which of the following is not a Netflix Original production? Triple Frontier? Last Flag Flying? Mute?
LAST FLAG FLYING
3. Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler have co-starred in how many films? 1? 3? 5?
ONE (Just Go With It)
4. Daniel Drumm, Jonathan Pangborn, Nicodemus West and Thor are characters in which MCU film? Avengers: Age Of Ultron? Doctor Strange? Thor: The Dark World?
5. Who directed Pretty Woman? PJ Hogan? Gary Marshall? Joseph Ruben?
6. Scarface was produced and distributed by which studio? Paramount? Universal? 20th Century Fox?
7. What was the budget for Pulp Fiction? 2 million dollars? 8 million dollars? 17 million dollars?
EIGHT MILLION DOLLARS
8. Fight Club was released in which year? 1997? 1999? 2001?
9. How many times has Freaky Friday been adapted for cinema? Twice? Four times? Six times?
TWICE (1976 / 2003)
10. The original title for Scream was Scary Movie. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: True Romance / 3000 Miles To Graceland / Austin Powers / Bobby
Actor: Christian Slater