[19 May 2019]
My Crazy Ex Machina
Genre – Caleb and Ava attempt a reconciliation.. it does not go well
The Iron Giants
Genre – A group of well-oiled dancers short circuit into the future and start a dance revolution
The Cinematrix: Rise Of The Reboots
Genre – Humanity is enslaved by machines that force them to make the same few movies over and over
Street Shiter X
Genre – Action
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of Arthur Curry’s superhero persona in Aquaman?
2. What is the title of sequel to Finding Nemo?
3. Who played the lead role of Jackie Kennedy in 2016’s Jackie?
4. What is the title of the film about the making of The Room, starring James and Dave Franco?
THE DISASTER ARTIST
5. How many Ocean’s films have been made to date (excluding the 1960 original)?
6. Which Men In Black film featured Josh Brolin?
MEN IN BLACK III
7. What was the title of the first Transformers spin-off, released December 2018?
8. Which sport is depicted in I, Tonya?
FIGURE SKATING / ICE SKATING
9. Who voices the lead role in the Hotel Transylvania films?
10. What is the name of the 80s western starring Emilio Estevez, Kiefer Sutherland, Lou Diamond Phillips and Charlie Sheen?
ROUND II: Filming [Robot Leads]
1. What is the name of the robotic Godzilla that appeared from outer space in 1974? Robozilla? Godzilla 2.0? Mechagodzilla?
2. How many Short Circuit films have been made to date? 2? 3? 4?
3. Ex Machina was released in which year? 2013? 2015? 2017?
4. Which character does not appear in Avengers: Age Of Ultron? Baron Von Strucker? Prof Erik Selvig? General Thaddeus Ross?
GENERAL THADDEUS ROSS
5. The following quote is from which film, “Skynet knew it was losing, so it tried to rig the game. It sent a machine back to the time before the war”? Terminator 2: Judgment Day? Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines? Terminator Genisys?
6. Who directed Wall-E? Brad Bird? Pete Docter? Andrew Stanton?
7. Which animation studio produced 2005’s Robots? 20th Century Fox Animation? Universal’s Illumination Entertainment? DreamWorks Animation?
20TH CENTURY FOX ANIMATION
8. What do Frank and his robot steal to impress Jennifer in Robot & Frank? A copy of Don Quixote? A sapphire necklace? Her ex-husband’s car?
A COPY OF DON QUIXOTE
9. The Iron Giant is set in which year? 1947? 1957? 1967?
10. I, Robot did not require any reshoots. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Meryl Streep, Tom Cruise, Robert Redford and Andrew Garfield appeared in which film?
LIONS FOR LAMBS
2. In 101 Dalmatians what does Pongo’s owner, Roger, do for a living?
3. Who directed the 2016 adaptation of the Pulitzer Prize winning play, Fences?
4. Which natural disaster forces Paddington to make his way to London?
5. What is the name of the council of assassins in the John Wick films?
THE HIGH TABLE
6. The following is the poster tagline for which Martin Scorsese film, “Nobody knows Rupert Pupkin but after 1130 tonight, no one will ever forget him”?
THE KING OF COMEDY
7. What is the name of Wade Watts’ avatar in Ready Player One?
8. Who composed the score for Alien?
9. What is the eponymous animal in the Jordan Peele/Keegan-Michael Key comedy Keanu?
10. In The Town, we see two separate bank robberies. What type of masks are used in each respective robbery? (one point per correct answer)
SKULLS / NUNS
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the title of the 2002 film in which Al Pacino portrays a director who uses a digital actress to complete his film and then tries to keep up the pretence that she is a real person? S1mone? H3l3n? Eve?
2. Control is the name of British Intelligence in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy but what is its informal nickname? The Circus? The Farm? The Shop?
3. Of the seven books, how many Chronicles Of Narnia films have been made to date? 3? 4? 5?
4. The African Queen, starring Humphrey Bogart and Katharine Hepburn was released in which year? 1946? 1951? 1959?
5. The Untouchables is predominantly set in which city? New York? Chicago? Los Angeles?
6. The following quote is from which film, “We’ve always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible”? Deepwater Horizon? Interstellar? Invictus?
7. How many characters appear on the “line-up” poster in Trainspotting? 5? 6? 7?
8. What gives Ted’s true identity away to Kate in Sicario? A tattoo? A wristband? A marked banknote?
A WRISTBAND (used by the cartel to bind wads of cash)
9. What is the name of the villain in Basil The Great Mouse Detective? Ratula? Ratiarty? Ratigan?
10. Isle Of Dogs is the highest grossing PG-13 animated movie. True or False?
FALSE (The Simpsons Movie is at $527mil)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Coffee And Cigarettes / American Gangster / Due Date / The Man With The Iron Fists
Poster: Ghost Dog: The Way Of The Samurai