[07 April 2019]
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the title of the first MCU film, released in 2008?
2. What is Spider-Man’s real name?
3. What is the name of Thor’s homeworld?
4. What is the name of the precious metal mined from a meteorite in Wakanda?
5. Who directed The Avengers?
6. What is the subtitle of the first Captain America movie?
THE FIRST AVENGER
7. How many infinity stones are embedded in Thanos’ gauntlet by the end of Avengers: Infinity War?
8. Which Avenger is guarding the old Stark warehouse (turned Avengers storage) in Ant-Man?
SAM WILSON / FALCON
9. What is the name of the infinity stone that Doctor Strange wears around his neck?
THE EYE OF AGAMOTTO
10. What is the name of the intergalactic police force that protect Xandar and other worlds in Guardians Of The Galaxy? [bonus point for naming the actress who plays Irani Rael, their leader]
NOVA CORPS [Glenn Close]
ROUND II: Filming
1. Which actor received top-billing on the theatrical poster for The Avengers? Chris Evans? Samuel L Jackson? Robert Downey Jr?
ROBERT DOWNEY JR
2. In Iron Man 3, War Machine is rebranded as what? Iron Vanguard? Iron Shield? Iron Patriot?
3. What is the name of the project that Bill Foster and Hank Pym worked on, as referenced in Ant-Man And The Wasp? Talos? Giganto? Goliath?
4. In Avengers: Age Of Ultron, which character said the following quote, “I’m sick of watching people pay for our mistakes”? Tony Stark? Bruce Banner? Steve Rogers?
5. What is the name of the missile Tony invents and sells in Iron Man? Jordan? Joshua? Jericho?
6. What is the name of the SHIELD/Hydra group, led by Rumlow, that hunts Steve Rogers in Captain America: The Winter Soldier? STRIKE? HAMMER? SWORD?
7. The reality stone first appears in which film? Thor: The Dark World? The Avengers? Guardians Of The Galaxy?
THOR: THE DARK WORLD
8. Which of the following does Baby Groot not bring back when looking for the fin to break Rocket and Yondu out of the Ravager’s brig? Badge? Toe? Desk?
9. Mickey Rourke’s character in Iron Man 2 is a combination of two Marvel villains. Which of the following is not one of them? Crimson Dynamo? Omega Red? Whiplash?
10. The punk with the boombox in Spider-Man: Homecoming is the same actor who played the punk with a boombox in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. True or False?
TRUE (writer, producer, director and visual effects artist Kirk Thatcher)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. To date, seven MCU films have made over one billion dollars. Name them (one point per correct answer)
$2B AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR / $1.5B AVENGERS / $1.4B AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON / $1.3 BLACK PANTHER / $1.2B IRON MAN 3 / $1.1B CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR / $1B CAPTAIN MARVEL
2. Kaecilius is the villain in which MCU film?
3. What is the name of Bruce Banner’s former girlfriend and General Thaddeus Ross’ daughter in The Incredible Hulk?
4. Which actor replaced Joshua Dallas as Fandral in Thor: The Dark World?
5. What are the names of the two ice cream flavours mentioned in Avengers: Infinity War? (one point per correct answer)
STARK RAVING HAZELNUTS / HUNKA-HULKA BURNING FUDGE
6. When fighting his father at the end of Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2, Quill takes on the form of which video game character?
7. The following quote is from which film, “You wear a flag on your chest and think you fight a battle of nations”?
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER
8. What is the name of the company run by Aldrich Killian in Iron Man 3?
AIM / ADVANCED IDEA MECHANICS
9. Which actor voices Surtur in Thor: Ragnarok? [bonus point for naming the actor who provided the motion capture]
CLANCY BROWN [Taika Waititi]
10. Who directed Ant-Man And The Wasp?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The prologue of Thor is set in which year? 206 BC? 965 AD? 1258 AD?
2. What name does Natasha Romanoff go under when first introduced in Iron Man 2? Natalie Roberts? Natalie Rushman Natalie Reed?
3. What is the name of Djimon Hounsou’s character that appears in both Guardians Of The Galaxy and Captain Marvel? Korath? Att-Lass? Bron-Char?
4. Who breaks Wanda out of the Avengers facility in Captain America: Civil War? Falcon? Hawkeye? Ant-Man?
5. In Ant-Man, Scott Lang is given discs that can shrink or enlarge objects. What colour is used to shrink? Red? Blue? Yellow?
6. At the start of The Incredible Hulk, Bruce Banner is hiding in which country? Argentina? Brazil? Colombia?
7. Which of the following actors did not appear in Captain America: The Winter Soldier? Gary Sinise? William Hurt? Gary Shandling?
8. What is Valkyrie known as during the majority of Thor: Ragnarok? Scanner 55? Scrapper 142? Scavenger 616?
9. Black Panther was nominated for seven Oscars. How many did it win? 1? 3? 5?
THREE (best costume design, best original score, best production design)
10. Captain America: Civil War was released in the same year as Captain America’s 75th anniversary, the 10th anniversary of the Civil War comic and Black Panther’s 50th anniversary. True or False?
AUDIO ROUND I: Music
1. Black Panther
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Guardians Of The Galaxy
4. Thor: Ragnarok
6. Iron Man 3
7. Doctor Strange
8. Captain Marvel
9. Spider-Man: Homecoming
10. The Incredible Hulk
AUDIO ROUND II: Audio Clips
1. “You are a vain, greedy, cruel boy!” “And you are an old man and a fool!”
2. “I don’t know if you know this but I don’t speak Russian”
IRON MAN 2
3. “These items aren’t for sale.” “How do you think your ancestors got these? Do you think they paid a fair price or did they take it? Like they took everything else?”
5. “You must be truly desperate”
THOR: THE DARK WORLD
6. “You’ve come up with some pretty impressive inventions, Tony. War isn’t one of them”
AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
7. “Do you feel that, if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop? Don’t worry. We only have to talk about one”
CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
8. “What master do you serve?”
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR
9. “You gotta get better at this part of the job”
10. “If only you’d protected Janet with such ferocity”
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: The Avengers / Captain America: Civil War / Iron Man 2 / Thor: Ragnarok
Poster: Avengers: Age Of Ultron
Actor: Clark Gregg