[10 February 2019]
Genre – Meryl Streep dresses as a penguin, does a tap dance and wins an Oscar
A Star Is Bored
Genre – Lady Gaga waits in line for 35 minutes outside Grosvenor Fish Bar
We Are Close To Gaga
Genre – Musical drama
Street Shiter VI
Genre – Comedy
Genre – Give us the Maltesers
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the monster in 1954’s Gojira?
GOJIRA / GODZILLA
2. The aliens in 1953’s War Of The Worlds are from which planet?
3. What was the title of the first sequel to Jurassic Park?
THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK
4. Who plays the lead role in Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas?
5. What type of animal is Oliver in Oliver & Company?
6. What is the subtitle of Star Wars: Episode III?
REVENGE OF THE SITH
7. Which film did Pixar release in between Brave and Inside Out?
8. Avatar was released in which year?
9. Sam Witwicky is the lead character in which 2007 film?
10. What was Alec Trevelyan’s (played by Sean Bean) double-0 code name in Goldeneye?
ROUND II: Filming [Female Oscar Winners]
1. [Lora Hirschberg – Best Sound Mixing] Inception was released in which year? 2005? 2010? 2015?
2. [Claire Simpson – Best Editing] Who directed Platoon? John McTiernan? Oliver Stone? Francis Ford Coppola?
3. [Suzanne M Benson – Best Visual Effects] What was the poster tagline for Aliens? This time it’s war? This time there’s more? This time we’re sure?
THIS TIME IT’S WAR
4. [Sofia Coppola – Best Original Screenplay] Where do Bob and Charlotte first meet in Lost In Translation? In the hotel car park? In the hotel swimming pool? In the hotel bar?
IN THE HOTEL BAR
5. [Cecelia Hall – Best Sound Editing] In The Hunt For Red October, Sean Connery’s character isn’t actually Russian. Which country was he born in? Estonia? Belarus? Lithuania?
6. [Kathryn Bigelow – Best Director] Which of the following did not appear in The Hurt Locker? Evangeline Lilly? Tessa Thompson? Ralph Fiennes?
7. [Anne Dudley – Best Music/Comedy Score] How many men dance on stage by the end of the act in The Full Monty? 5? 6? 7?
8. [Julia Heron – Best Production Design] The following quote is from which film, “There, boy, is Rome. The might, the majesty, the terror of Rome. There is the power that bestrides the known world like a colossus. No man can withstand Rome, no nation can withstand her”? Spartacus? Gladiator? Ben-Hur?
9. [Ve Neill – Best Make-up] How long are the Maitlands’ expected to stay in their house after their death in Beetlejuice? Fifty years? One hundred twenty five years? Three hundred and sixty years?
10. [Eiko Ishioka – Best Costume] The wedding scene between Mina Murray and Jonathan Harker in Bram Stoker’s Dracula was performed by an Orthodox minister creating suspicion that Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder could be officially married. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. The following characters have all been portrayed by which actor, Mark Darcy, Lord Henry Wotton and King George VI?
2. What was the name given to the group of actors who appeared in several coming of age films in the 1980s?
THE BRAT PACK (Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy, Demi Moore, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy)
3. Jon Voight, Burt Reynolds, Ronny Cox and Ned Beatty starred in which 1972 film?
4. Who directed High Rise, A Field In England and Kill List?
5. The following quote is from which film, “So move. Hey, that’s a good move. I can’t believe it, I’m losing to a rug”?
6. What is the title of the 2000 Ang Lee martial arts film starring Chow Yun-fat and Michelle Yeoh? CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON
7. The planet Ego features in which film?
THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2
8. Escape From New York was released in which year?
9. What is the title of the only Christopher Nolan directed film that he didn’t also write?
10. Ian McShane, Gary Oldman and JK Simmons respectively voiced the lead villains in which animated franchise?
KUNG FU PANDA
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Who directed Four Lions? Charlie Brooker? Chris Morris? Steve Coogan?
2. 2005’s Kinky Boots is set in which town? Lancaster? Northampton? Stafford?
3. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Pray for Michael Sullivan”? The Mission? Road To Perdition? Angel Heart?
ROAD TO PERDITION
4. Persepolis is predominantly set in and focuses on the changing political climate of which country? Jordan? Yemen? Iran?
5. Who many films has Kathryn Bigelow directed? 7? 10? 14?
6. Which of the following films did not feature an uncredited cameo by Bruce Willis? The Rock? The Expendables? Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle?
7. Which of the following did not appear in Black Hawk Down? Joel Edgerton? Tom Hardy? Eric Bana?
8. Which of the following was not directed by Baz Luhrmann? Australia? My Own Private Idaho? Strictly Ballroom?
MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO
9. The following quote is from which film, “In the middle of the Civil War, Abraham Lincoln suspended the writ of habeas corpus observing that a limb may be sacrificed to save a life but a life is never wisely given to save a limb”? Nixon? Zero Dark Thirty? Minority Report?
10. In the credits for Annie Hall, Christopher Walken’s name is misspelled Christopher Wlaken. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: The Bourne Identity / Braveheart / Her / Coriolanus
Actor: Brian Cox